It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Arrests 3 White Supremacists Ahead Of Pro-Gun Rally who made machine gun

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Nice to know the bad guys can create machine gun with a few mail-order parts:

"Authorities say Lemley and Mathews built an assault rifle using several parts, including an upper-receiver that Lemley had ordered and shipped to a Maryland home. In December, the three men gathered at an apartment that Lemley and Mathews rented in Delaware, where they discussed The Base and its activities and members, passed around the assault file and tried to make the drug '___', a hallucinogen, according to court papers.

A few days later, Lemley and Mathews bought 150 rounds of ammunition and paper shooting targets and Lemley was spotted by an FBI agent at a gun range in Maryland. Court papers say federal agents heard the gun firing in rapid succession and authorities allege that Lemley later told Mathews: “Oh oops, it looks like I accidentally made a machine gun.”"

FBI Arrests 3 White Supremacists Ahead Of Pro-Gun Rally

I wonder why the men were going to bring a home-made machine gun to pro-gun rally? Maybe they were going to do a mass shooting or something.

When I talk to my friend who is in the FBI all I know is thank God we have the FBI because there's some really disturbed dangerous people out there!

edit on 16-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hard to imagine anyone would do something illegal.

At least the FBI was on it this time..

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

A Canadian? Who were the other two and where were they from?

Here's more info on one of the other men...

Lemly is a former Cavalry Scout in the U.S. Army and Matthews was a combat engineer in the Canadian Army Reserve.

baltimore.cbslocal.com...

edit on 16-1-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

If you're not free to make your own machine gun and hallucinogens in this country are you really free at all?

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Another example of why the right to carry is so critical.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Even more amusing, it was an illegal border crossing per the article in the OP.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What? This must be fike news. We don't have a problem with white supremacists in Murica. Tucka said so!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
What? This must be fike news. We don't have a problem with white supremacists in Murica. Tucka said so!

Did you miss the part where the man arrested was Canadian?

Oh fries and gravy

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Gandalf77

Oh fries and gravy

"Oh fries and gravy" LOL Officially stolen!

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I blame Canada. Those beady eyes and flapping heads...

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Who mailed it to them?
I bet I know.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I wonder why the men were going to bring a home-made machine gun to pro-gun rally? Maybe they were going to do a mass shooting or something.

I read the article and didn't see where this statement is founded in fact.

I own a knife.... I plan on attending church on Sunday.... Does not equal... I will be stabbing people in church on Sunday.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It is not hard to convert an existing semi-auto to full auto.
It is not hard to build one from scratch.
It is easy to scare the poopy-diapers off of gun-grabbers with a few simple tools and a little hillbilly enginuity.
Suck it up buttercup.
If someone wants to find a way to waste ammo, they will.
Time to fortify your fluffy bubbles.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

If you're not free to make your own machine gun and hallucinogens in this country are you really free at all?

Ahhh, a fellow libertarian.

Ironically, making the latter would probably mean they wouldn't use the former other than for fun.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Who or what the hell is BASED ? never heard of this group ? anybody have more information on them?

All I’m going to say is...

George Papadopolus

I don’t trust the authorities or FBI anymore, (by their actions) I’ve seen far to many innocent men & women locked up recently for political ammunition

Anybody pulling up anything from their profiles yet? Let’s take a look

edit on 16-1-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Unless you are in bat country....

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Tuesday’s complaint charges Canadian national Patrik Jordan Mathews, 27, and Brian Mark Lemley Jr., 33, of Elkton, Maryland, with transporting a firearm and ammunition with intent to commit a felony. William Garfield Bilbrough IV, 19, of Denton, Maryland, is charged with “ transporting and harboring aliens.

Isn’t both VA and MD sanctuary states?

How many of their cohorts just got more radicalized? With Sanctuary states protecting some criminals but. It other criminals based solely on the color of their skin...

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

from your article seems they were arming Canadian illegal aliens?

William Garfield Bilbrough IV, 19, of Denton, Maryland, is charged with “ transporting and harboring aliens.”
and

Lemley also is charged with transporting a machine gun and “disposing of a firearm and ammunition to an alien unlawfully present in the United States.”

so this may be the first time ive heard of actual Canadian illegals showing up to commit crimes .

it also seems the feds were staking out the shooting range and that seems to be how they figured out they had either purposely or "accidentally" made a machine gun ,which is a lot easier then most people think it is to do,while i dont use wish they apparently sell full auto sears for glock's and a variety of other "illegal gun parts" because apparently china will export anything they advertise them as "airsoft parts"

gatdaily.com...

Recoil Magazine recently reported that several people who have purchased Glock full auto rear plates had been taken into custody by law enforcement. The ATF had gotten Paypal records indicating they’ve purchased these parts and is now pursuing these folks. This even caused one man to apparently jump out a window with a whole bunch of these plates and injure himself quite a bit before being detained. These guys weren’t criminal masterminds, they were just guys with a smartphone who became felons by being idiots. They purchased these gun parts from the Wish app. Yep, ordered, and shipped to their home without much hassle really. In about 5 minutes you could install it on your Glock and rock out at the cyclic rate.
so yeah dont use wish to order gun parts as it seems like an easy way to get put on a list how do you not become a felon from ordering from wish? dont do any of the things the next snippit will cover

How Do I Avoid a Felony with Wish? First off do not buy a full auto switch on Wish or Amazon. In fact, I’ve seen these switches on Amazon, but they are never properly labeled for what they are. They may advertise them as airsoft switches, or even semi-auto switches. Just don’t. They are so common they are the first suggested search when you type Glock in the Wish Search bar. That’s not the only felonious gun part they sell. You can even find silencers and silencer parts. Sometimes they are advertised as muzzle brakes and are just the baffles without a sleeve. The ATF has ruled those are suppressor parts and possession of them without a tax stamp of FFL/SOT constitutes a felony. So just say no!

so suppressor parts full auto trigger groups and border line legal products like stocks for a glock (it has to have over a 16 inch barrel for you to do that) so it does not surprise me that these guys either intentionally or "accidentally"(lol sure) were able to manufacture/convert a semi into fully automatic weapons and quite glad the FBI seemed to catch them before they reached headlines levels of shenanigans

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Actually "machine" guns, full auto, select fire weapons are all lawful.

As are SBRs and noise suppressors.

Shall not be infringed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join