It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Age of Depression and Loneliness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
depression is like acne. you need to prevent it. if you have it, you gotta ride it out.

but its simple.

1. workout EVERYDAY.
there were no depressed caveman. there were no depressed farmers in 1750. why? because you had to get up and go outside to workout to get your food.

2. eat real food.
same thing. caveman and people used to eat actual food, not fakery alumnium added to frozen microwave pizza. or my friends order from the 'dollar menu'

3. socialize. thats why gym everyday is awesome. it forces you to go somewhere, everyday, and you will make friends.

4. sex. gotta have it. if you are a girl, its simple. if you are a guy, and you cannot hook up, you better make enough money to afford to pay for it.

working out and eating all natural will fix all depression.

dont believe me? if you are depressed, go outside and run for 30 minutes per day for a month. then tell me you are depressed lol.

i see too many people who outright cry on social media, 'woe is me, im depressed' i tell them go to the gym. but they are like kapernick. they revel and enjoy being the crybaby.

even if i am injured, i go to the gym. if you injure upper body, you do legs and cardio. if you injure lower body, you swim and do upper body. there are so many options.

do i have abs? hell no lol.
i go to the gym to get strong, and to prevent depression.
and it works brilliantly.

its up to you, if you want to cry, stay depressed!
if you want to change your life, just workout 30 minutes per day for 1 month STRAIGHT.
EVERY DAY gym.

it has to be EVERYDAY.
caveman had to get up, LEAVE the cave in the freezing cold to just take a dump.
none of these 'depressed' individuals would have survived it lmfao.

trust me, it works, and the gym is spectacular. join a giant gym with lots of girls.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Some people want to please everyone, to be popular. That is not a good way of thinking, because everyone is different and no matter how you try you will never get along with everyone completely. I tend to talk to people about what they are interested in or what we have in common and become more of aquaintences than friends with a lot of people. I do have some good friends, maybe about five total, but most are just people you know that you chat with occasionally about things. I do have relatives, but those are not really considered friends, my brother is my brother, this is way deeper than being a friend. My wife is my wife, not necessary my friend, her role is way more important than a friends role.

We need something to do, it does not have to be expensive, it does not have to be extravagant. Sitting around a campfire talking to some friends is better than going to an expensive restaurant and acting like someone you really are not. A cake does not have to be highly decorated to taste good, in fact the highly decorated ones usually taste worse than a homemade scratch cake with a good recipe. We are creating this problem in our society, we are focusing on our wants and ignoring our needs. There is nothing better than sitting around the table with friends having a good conversation over coffee and cookies or for some, a beer and spareribs.

I would say my wife is my best friend. I've been with her longer than I've been with my mom now. We still do everything together. Not to say we don't have free time with our own friends. And she visits her family often, and I usually don't go. And I like to take walks on the beach, and go jogging alone, often. But I can't imagine the day she won't be by my side. She has the sweetest smile and laugh. She is spunky, strong-willed, and has got a temper. But she is always loving, and brings life to any room she is in. I still am amazed at her beauty, I would say time has aged her into a more beautiful woman, both as a person, and physically.

The best times in my life are when we are together, just walking, hand-in-hand, watching the sunset over the Ocean, or going down under mountain, holding hands in the movie theater watching a movie together.

And when I gave up she never gave up on me. And sure she's hurt me, and I've hurt her, but we always forgave each other.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
depression is like acne. you need to prevent it. if you have it, you gotta ride it out.

but its simple.

1. workout EVERYDAY.
there were no depressed caveman. there were no depressed farmers in 1750. why? because you had to get up and go outside to workout to get your food.

2. eat real food.
same thing. caveman and people used to eat actual food, not fakery alumnium added to frozen microwave pizza. or my friends order from the 'dollar menu'

3. socialize. thats why gym everyday is awesome. it forces you to go somewhere, everyday, and you will make friends.

4. sex. gotta have it. if you are a girl, its simple. if you are a guy, and you cannot hook up, you better make enough money to afford to pay for it.

working out and eating all natural will fix all depression.

dont believe me? if you are depressed, go outside and run for 30 minutes per day for a month. then tell me you are depressed lol.

i see too many people who outright cry on social media, 'woe is me, im depressed' i tell them go to the gym. but they are like kapernick. they revel and enjoy being the crybaby.

even if i am injured, i go to the gym. if you injure upper body, you do legs and cardio. if you injure lower body, you swim and do upper body. there are so many options.

do i have abs? hell no lol.
i go to the gym to get strong, and to prevent depression.
and it works brilliantly.

its up to you, if you want to cry, stay depressed!
if you want to change your life, just workout 30 minutes per day for 1 month STRAIGHT.
EVERY DAY gym.

it has to be EVERYDAY.
caveman had to get up, LEAVE the cave in the freezing cold to just take a dump.
none of these 'depressed' individuals would have survived it lmfao.

trust me, it works, and the gym is spectacular. join a giant gym with lots of girls.

Good points I agree with. If you can't for whatever reason do a heavy workout, just taking a walk 30-45 minutes a day does a world of good. I also enjoy a good workout, usually weight-lifting for 45 minutes followed by 45 minutes of jogging, but only 5 days a week. I don't go a full 7, and don't think it's good to go without rest days, which your body needs.

Junk food is horrible. But is also hard to resist. Best to cut it out though, once in a while nothing is wrong with it.

We are a social people, and we do need to feel that we belong, and we are important, that we are loved. The best way to have a friend is to be a friend. Be trustworthy, think of others, be honest and sincere. Don't be selfish, a bully, or arrogant. Arrogance is such a distasteful character flaw that even arrogant people dislike arrogance in others.

Sex. Well, I can't disagree with that. My wife and I enjoy it all the time.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Being alone is not so bad. And being alone and discontent can be a healthy thing. The problem is feeling the need to turn to technological devices or other outlets, instead of truly being alone. Need to work on this myself.

Be alone ... sober and righteously. Never be tricked into taking a fake happy pill by the collectivists. What do you want to be fake happy about.. this war machine that is perpetually sold to us?

Being around nature does help, I will admit that. But a fella might get too content there. Why run from the chaos of the world, better to sit right smack dab in the middle of the chaos, and rebel against the forced agenda of collectivism that is being pushed.

edit on 17-1-2020 by LoneBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneBird
Being around nature does help, I will admit that. But a fella might get too content there. Why run from the chaos of the world, better to sit right smack dab in the middle of the chaos, and rebel against the forced agenda of collectivism that is being pushed.

Nature is my ultimate solace, as well. But as the saying goes “It’s easy to be a wise man, on a mountain”.

We come here to be in the trenches. Not monks on a mountain. This is how we learn and grow.

The OP and all the JW’s have a hard time grasping this.

Welcome to the Earth school.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join