It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies Through Omission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Did anyone catch the interview that Chris Wallace had with White House national security adviser Robert O’Brien Sunday?
I can appreciate a stern, tough interview with our government officials. Wallace would eventually get in some tough questions regarding the decision by President Trump to not share the intel regarding the take down of General Soleimani. Wallace pretended there was no basis for such a claim.

Wallace also questioned O’Brien on Trump’s claims that Congress’s Gang of Eight was not briefed before the killing of Soleimani because House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) would have leaked it to the media, asking him if there had ever been a case of congressional Democrats leaking sensitive national security information to the press.

thehill.com...

So are we to believe that both Chris Wallace and White House national security adviser Robert O’Brien were completely unaware of this:

Back in 2015 Israel was reportedly on the verge of killing Qassem Soleimani, the commander of the Iranian Quds Force but the Obama administration warned Iran of the imminent attack.

www.statedepartmentwatch.org...

Both Chris Wallace and White House national security adviser Robert O’Brien failed miserably in having an informative and productive discussion around both the legal responsibility and historical reference related to leaking and tipping off targets of special ops. It disgusted me to see it and I am shocked that to this day I have not seen any news coverage on how the Obama administration communicated with Iran to thwart a special ops mission by Israel to take out Soleimani in 2015.
Where were the tough questions then and why are we not including that in the discussion today?
Chris Wallace is a shameful hack and White House national security adviser Robert O’Brien came across as weak and unprepared.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

pathetic bait n switch is pathetic

given your thread premise " lies by ommission "

the irony is ironic

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Bait and switch?
The point was the media failed to mention that in 2015 the Obama administration tipped off Iran regarding a mission to take out General Soleimani by Israel. That fact coupled with the question Chris Wallace asked O'brien insinuating that there was no basis to think that a democrat would leak President Trump's plan to take out General Soleimani was a glaring lie by omission, hence the title of the OP.

You don't think it strange that those facts have failed to reach the news coverage surrounding the events in Baghdad?

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

pathetic bait n switch is pathetic

given your thread premise " lies by ommission "

the irony is ironic

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The point was the media failed to mention that in 2015 the Obama administration tipped off Iran regarding a mission to take out General Soleimani by Israel.

Did they? Did the Obama Administration report this to the press? Was Wallace even aware of this fringe of the fringe report? Where is the original intel or media report that the Obama Administration leaked Israel's assassination plan to Iran? Do we know that it's even true? We DO know that the Obama Administration did decide to NOT take out Soleimani. We don't know that they sabotaged Israel's attempt to take him out.

That fact coupled with the question Chris Wallace asked O'brien insinuating that there was no basis to think that a democrat would leak

Okay first, it's not a fact in my opinion.

Second, Trump didn't inform any of the Gang of Eight ahead of time, not even the Republicans, but he did apparently tell friends and family about his plans at Mara A Lago.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yes, it was not widely reported or even looked into because the majority of the press were Obama supporters and the press members that weren't were under surveillance by the obama administration.
Chris Wallace was not aware of the "Fringe report" as you put it because it was just released earlier this morning.
We do know Obama funded and campaigned for Netanyahu's opponent and that Obama's top advisor Valerie Jarrett is a strong Iranian advocate(having grown up there), oh yea let's not forget about the airlifted pallets of cash Obama dropped off to the Iranians as a parting gift.
Gang of 8 member Lindsey Graham was notified before the "assassination" of General Soleimani so you got that part wrong too, Just the nevertrumpers were left out of the loop for good reason.
I think that covers it.

a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yes, Lindsey Graham was informed at Trump's Mara A Lago party. But, Lindsey Graham isn't a Gang of Eight member, anymore. Neither is Eric Trump who tweeted about "something big" about to happen, and then deleted the tweet. Eddie Gallagher was also at the party. He probably convinced Trump to do it!

Current members of the Gang of Eight on Intelligence are Rep. Adam Schiff, Rep. Devin Nunes, Sen. Richard Burr, Sen. Mark Warner, Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Rep. Kevin McCarthy, Sen. Mitch McConnell, and Sen. Chuck Schumer.

hannity.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ok, I stand corrected, no gang of eight members were notified, I did not know Lindsey was no longer a member of that group. I should have double checked.
There was no requirement for their notification anyway as was widely reported, the assassination of Soleimani is justified by an existing congressionally enacted Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF).
Additionally, Soleimani was a terrorist designated by Obama so he was a constant target if and when the opportunity arose.

a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

top topics

join