It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This weekend at Moffett Field

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Wow was it a busy couple of days at Moffett.

This AM we had

5 F-35C's Lemoore NAS and Miramar (for the 49er flyover)
2 T-38's From Randolph AFB
2 T-38's from Beale AFB
1 C-5M out of Travis
1 KC-135 out of Sioux City
The 129th which is based there were flying their Pave Hawks with the machine guns on both sides. They normally don't

For a sleepy Federal Airfield we had an AF that could rival many small countries on the ramp. The C-5 departed for Titusville, carrying an Air Force Comm sat., the T-38's from Randolph departed for Victoville airport, The Beale birds left for yep Beale, the KC-135 and F-35s are still there.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Awesome shots!

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Awesome shots!

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
woah, we were right there....make ya wanna hold your ears that one shot...he he

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

God thank you so much..
The T-38's I tracked flying down to Kirtland Air Force base New Mexico. Thanks for stating they were from Randolph base Texas. Was hoping someone got pics.

So I was watching the game hoping to see a flyover... in all it's glory, they skipped the anthem and went straight to the kickoff....

Thanks FredT

Edit: the T-38's we're the only aircraft trackable by ADS-S and oddly Flightradar24. Didn't see any stealth aircraft....🙄🙄🙄😆
edit on 11-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

A lot of military aircraft are still switching over, or don't broadcast. They have an exemption that allows them to shut off their transponder under certain conditions, and they use them as much as possible.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Great pictures. I wonder what is up....

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Nothing. Moffett is usually fairly busy. They move satellites all the time, using C-5s. The two Randolph T-38s were pilot training flights doing cross country training. The Beale T-38s were U-2 pilots doing pilot proficiency training. The KC-135s move around to meet receivers and keep up crew proficiency. The F-35s were all from NAS Lemoore doing a flyover at the football game tonight.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Good. I was concerned it might have to do with Iran.......

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks Zaph!
I specifically watched the radar tonight( during an NFL game ) to see what was up and flying. And thought to myself if FredT was nearby. Was he working or not... well pics showed up here, but television did not show the flyover. Saw the T-38's in the area.. they shot down to Edwards and then to Kirtland.

The tarp over the cargo of the C-5 scrambled my head a wee bit.

Now I await the SPACE X abort launch.. they are going to destroy a rocket to test the escape procedures.

So happy I have access to eyes on the ground and people who have knowledge of these things.

49'rs won as well as Titans BTW if there are football fans here.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ah, so that's why the F-35s were here. I live in the Santa Cruz Mountains on the Western edge of Silicon Valley and yesterday the formation flew right over my house at low altitude. Several times. Damn they're loud!

I saw what I think was the last one departing about 30 minutes ago. I think he had just punched up through the controlled airspace and was climbing fast and steep. a reply to: FredT

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

God thank you so much..
The T-38's I tracked flying down to Kirtland Air Force base New Mexico. Thanks for stating they were from Randolph base Texas. Was hoping someone got pics.

So I was watching the game hoping to see a flyover... in all it's glory, they skipped the anthem and went straight to the kickoff....

Thanks FredT

Your welcome!!!!!

Edit: the T-38's we're the only aircraft trackable by ADS-S and oddly Flightradar24. Didn't see any stealth aircraft....🙄🙄🙄😆

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

Note the open door for the tail hook but it has not been deployed for the landing. Wonder if the door opening is automatic but the tail lowering has to be commanded?

Also a good view of the attachment points for the lenses

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It opens automatically when the gear lowers.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Bigburgh

A lot of military aircraft are still switching over, or don't broadcast. They have an exemption that allows them to shut off their transponder under certain conditions, and they use them as much as possible.

True enough. To clarify the fighters should get them to align with other upgrades or depot. Probably not the C models though.

Also, mode3 is still used regardless. Those are on almost always. Military is just filtered out normally from those external sources pumping data to apps.

top topics

join