It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahdi asks Pompeo to send a delegation to arrange Americas withdrawl from Iraq.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Not having all information available to me, I'm not sure what the best answer is. I have a tendency to agree with BillyJoe above that we will always have some kind of presence in Iraq just to keep a closer eye on Iran and to keep them from starting another war with Iraq. Plus, I'm sure it's easier to collect intelligence on Iran's nuclear program from there, but once again, while I would prefer that we pull out, I'm not sure what the best course of action is realistically. All I know is that Muslim terrorism is never going to end.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined
All I've been saying in this thread is that the f# phone call is made up BS.

Nothing to do with the parliament.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Considering that it's coming from the Washington Post, it probably is BS.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It was a hostile occupation from day one, I for one do not believe we went there to promote democracy.
We went there to protect our national interests ostensibly for weapons of mass destruction.
Just calling balls and strikes as I see it.

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
Are we to seriously believe we will leave when Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi decides it is time. Based on a knee jerk reaction.
I'm just saying the truth, the US coalition will leave when we feel we are ready not because some Iraqi politician says so.
If we feel our interests need us there we will stay, hopefully we can leave but it will be on our time table, to think otherwise is foolish. There is no debate, we are and have always been calling the shots.

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
#Iraq: Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi has told the U.S. secretary of state to send a delegation to Iraq tasked with formulating the mechanism for the withdrawal of U.S troops from Iraq - AP

Washington Post

BEIRUT — In a phone call with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi asked the United States send a delegation to Iraq to set up a mechanism for U.S. troop withdrawal from the country, a statement from the prime minister's office said Friday.

The request followed a vote by the Iraqi parliament to expel thousands of U.S. troops, a direct consequence of a U.S. drone attackthat killed senior Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani and nine companionsin Baghdad a week ago.

Yes, its about time. Time to leave!
We should never have gone in and Bush Jnr and Cheney need to be brought up on war crimes charges.

Trump, send them all home. Packup... flick off this $$ sucking TICK from the US Economy.

Iraq can start governing for themselves, setup a coalition of middle eastern states to ensure Iran doesnt take over and get... the FK out!

What?
If the Iraqi govt says leave, then what f****** business have the US got there???
Failure to leave means the US will be running a hostile occupation of Iraq.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: UKTruth

It was a hostile occupation, wasn't it??
And, this isnt the first time Iraq's govt has asked us to leave.. and trump and his gang has been knocking Obama's decision to pull back troops when Iraq did the first time. Leaving a small number to assist in training and such. Remember, we should have took their oil for reimbursement?
Why he thinks they should pay us back for invading their country, bombing their cities, creating a generation of kids suffering severe birth defects I have no idea.. but he does..
Let's see if he does what hes criticized obama for. Let's see how serious he is about his promise to bring our troops home. My guess would be it is does happen, you will see russian troops coming in with their allies as we leave.

Who gives a **** who goes in there.
None of the mess in the ME is Trump's making - there's not much he can do about it beyind what he has already done.
Time to leave. If they want to kill each other, let them.
If Russia wants to take over and sink trillions, let them.
edit on 10/1/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It was a hostile occupation from day one, I for one do not believe we went there to promote democracy.
We went there to protect our national interests ostensibly for weapons of mass destruction.

Are we to seriously believe we will leave when Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi decides it is time. Based on a knee jerk reaction.
I'm just saying the truth, the US coalition will leave when we feel we are ready not because some Iraqi politician says so.
If we feel our interests need us there we will stay, hopefully we can leave but it will be on our time table, to think otherwise is foolish. There is no debate, we are and have always been calling the shots.

#Iraq: Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi has told the U.S. secretary of state to send a delegation to Iraq tasked with formulating the mechanism for the withdrawal of U.S troops from Iraq - AP

Washington Post

BEIRUT — In a phone call with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi asked the United States send a delegation to Iraq to set up a mechanism for U.S. troop withdrawal from the country, a statement from the prime minister's office said Friday.

The request followed a vote by the Iraqi parliament to expel thousands of U.S. troops, a direct consequence of a U.S. drone attackthat killed senior Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani and nine companionsin Baghdad a week ago.

We should never have gone in and Bush Jnr and Cheney need to be brought up on war crimes charges.

Trump, send them all home. Packup... flick off this $$ sucking TICK from the US Economy.

Iraq can start governing for themselves, setup a coalition of middle eastern states to ensure Iran doesnt take over and get... the FK out!

What?
If the Iraqi govt says leave, then what f****** business have the US got there???

It was an invasion under false pretences the first time.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi made his request in a phone call with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo late on Thursday in line with a vote by Iraq’s parliament last week, his office said in a statement.

Abdul Mahdi asked Pompeo to “send delegates to put in place the tools to carry out the parliament’s decision”, it said, adding without elaborating that the forces used in the killing had entered Iraq or used its airspace without permission.

uk.reuters.com...

edit on 10-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
a reply to: Agit8dChop

While I mostly support the idea of leaving Iraq - we have sunk billions and billions into infrastructure there, including massive bases and a bunch of other infrastructure.

Any deal to leave should include some money from Iraq as a payback for these investments - although I do realize asking for more than a few percent of our investment is unrealistic - nonetheless they should agree to pay us something.

Why should Iraq pay back the country that invaded and occupied it??

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I imagine isreal might care..
And, our govt seems to care about isreal...
Isreal is there because we were interested in the oil. Now, maybe we dont need the oil but we still have a pretty strong connection to isreal. I mean, all those conservative, and not so conservative Christian's in our country would have a massive freak out if we threw isreal under the bus.
So, although I would love to see all of our troops withdraw from that area, I doubt if they will. We will just keep bombing Israel's enemies back to the middle ages and supporting the regimes that will stay in line and keep their people under their control.
edit on 10-1-2020 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Maybe we should balance the books first.. how would it cost to rebuild the bombed out buildings, how much for the healthcare of the disabled and deformed babies. What about restitution for those we tortured. Ect...
Then...lol..
They can probably send us the bill.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Maybe we should balance the books first.. how would it cost to rebuild the bombed out buildings, how much for the healthcare of the disabled and deformed babies. What about restitution for those we tortured. Ect...
Then...lol..

Obviously someone whos clueless about Iraq and never has been there. So lets talk reality Iraq buildings are just fine they are not a third world country. They are just like you they have groceries and pay for cable oh and have internet and cell phones.

Downtown Bagdad is actually a pretty city with all the modern conveniences. As far as US they didnt torture Iraqis most of thr people held were from yemen and yes even Saudi Arabia. This was how you could identify insurgents most were from other countries.

Any iraqi captured was turned over to Iraq per our agreement. In other words if any torturing occurred of Iraqis it was the Iraqi military that did it.

As for deformed babies didnt happen you believed a lie. So i guess leaving Iraq shouldnt be a problem huh??

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Or not have invited the US back June 2015, which they did with all the rooew, levers and switches attached.

The US will not leave rather now NATO is being drummed up.

Please stay current.

mg

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Then...lol..

Indeed.
If Trump wants to be paid back for that airbase, perhaps he should send the bill to Halliburton.
Iraq could send them a bill for reparations too.

Considering how much $$$ that company made in no-bid government contracts (coincidence of all coincidences, right Darth Cheney?), covering the tab would probably be peanuts and popcorn.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I imagine isreal might care..
And, our govt seems to care about isreal...
Isreal is there because we were interested in the oil. Now, maybe we dont need the oil but we still have a pretty strong connection to isreal. I mean, all those conservative, and not so conservative Christian's in our country would have a massive freak out if we threw isreal under the bus.
So, although I would love to see all of our troops withdraw from that area, I doubt if they will. We will just keep bombing Israel's enemies back to the middle ages and supporting the regimes that will stay in line and keep their people under their control.

This is because foreign policy of the United States is no longer under control of elected government officials. The Council of Foreign Relations defines our foreign policy. And Israel controls the CFR. Our foreign policy is being dictated:

Yinon Plan

The Yinon Plan calls for the Balkanisation of all the Arab states in the ME so Israel is in the greatest position of strength. Iran is just the last domino in the list to be bombed back into the stone ages after Syria.

Where in our Constitution does is say the US is the World's police force. My problem with the US military being the strong-arm puppet of Israel is the hardliners of Israel have no incentives to ever try to make peace.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
We spend $700 billion on military annually and rising, not including the dark budget.
We have the de-facto world currency and the number 1 economy. It comes at a great cost.
I see all the foreign aid we hand out as insurance for countries to comply. Remember all the millions they found hidden in Saddam Hussein walls?
I do not pretend that my country is pure as the driven snow, in fact being the global force that we are means we must get our hands dirty...very dirty.
We have all read, wrote and heard many instances of this so why bother pretending, I still believe the USA is the best place on earth and am grateful that I was born and raised in this great country and have no problem admitting we have blood on our hands, sometimes justified sometimes not so much.
The world is a complicated and sometimes ugly place but being an American is a beautiful thing, my country has done more good for the world than any other and I am proud and appreciative of the life I have in the USA.

Washington Post

What?

It was an invasion under false pretences the first time.

edit on 10-1-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Trueman

Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi made his request in a phone call with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo late on Thursday in line with a vote by Iraq’s parliament last week, his office said in a statement.

Abdul Mahdi asked Pompeo to “send delegates to put in place the tools to carry out the parliament’s decision”, it said, adding without elaborating that the forces used in the killing had entered Iraq or used its airspace without permission.

uk.reuters.com...

Again, it doesn't say He declared it. It's the journalist saying it. See the difference?

No way to know if it's true.
edit on 10-1-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Reuters is reporting on the statement issued by the Iraqi Prime Minister's office about the content of the phone call he made to Secretary Pompeo. Do you think that the PM's office is lying?

Is Secretary Pompeo's office denying the phone call took place?

We have to agree on facts first, before we can discuss disagreements on policy.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Nevermind that the Caretaker PM of Iraq is beholden to Iran or that the vote to ask US Troops to leave was boycotted by the Sunnis and the Kurds. He became a caretaker after a vote of No Confidence about Iran's Influence over Baghdad.

Even Iraqis have no Confidence in this PM.

The PM of Iraq seemingly cares more about Iran than his own Citizens.

I'll be glad to leave Iraq once it has a capable Government. That should be in 50 years.

edit on 10-1-2020 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Lying? Perhaps.

Now exactly the phone call contents are not given, just hearsay at this point.

Mg

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: MetalThunder

Nevermind that the Caretaker PM of Iraq is beholden to Iran or that the vote to ask US Troops to leave was boycotted by the Sunnis and the Kurds. He became a caretaker after a vote of No Confidence about Iran's Influence over Baghdad.

Even Iraqis have no Confidence in this PM.

The PM of Iraq seemingly cares more about Iran than his own Citizens.

I'll be glad to leave Iraq once it has a capable Government. That should be in 50 years.

As if the PM,s name dont give it away where his loyalty lies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join