It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - help me understand...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Xtrozero

It's no good talking about things like national sovereignty, human rights, and equality under rule of law if the person who represents a country ignores all those things and doesn't uphold the basic principles of the country. Trump did the the same thing that Solemani did, in regard to the law.

Its like calling Trump everything in the books...can't be everything bad...lol So pick one thing that Trump has done these last 3 years to undermine sovereignty, human rights, and equality under rule of law?

He murdered someone. He ignored the sovereignty of the countries involved (the US has extradition treaties he could have followed) and he denied a criminal recourse to the law.

Three more lies right there

From someone who cheered the killing of bin laden no less

Trying to pretend that the assassination of a terrorist general is somehow a ‘bad thing’.

Pathetic. The entire world supports the President for what he done. Except for those who oppose human rights of course. They support the terrorist (and the destruction of western civilisation)

I never cheered the killing of Bin Laden. Bin Laden should have stood trial.

The Murder of Bin Laden was the same crime as the the murder of Solemiani.

A US President, in both instances, overreached their office and killed someone who should have stood trial for their crimes.

In both cases, there was no punishment for the crimes of the terrorists, they were just dead.

Again, wasn't Trump.. You a confused..

I never blamed Trump for Bin Laden's death. That was all on Obama.

I do blame directly Trump for Solemaini's death.

Yeah, and he killed hundreds if not thousands of his own people.

Good call.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

It's no good talking about things like national sovereignty, human rights, and equality under rule of law if the person who represents a country ignores all those things and doesn't uphold the basic principles of the country. Trump did the the same thing that Solemani did, in regard to the law.

Its like calling Trump everything in the books...can't be everything bad...lol So pick one thing that Trump has done these last 3 years to undermine sovereignty, human rights, and equality under rule of law?

He murdered someone. He ignored the sovereignty of the countries involved (the US has extradition treaties he could have followed) and he denied a criminal recourse to the law.

Trying to pretend that the assassination of a terrorist general is somehow a ‘bad thing’.

Pathetic. The entire world supports the President for what he done. Except for those who oppose human rights of course. They support the terrorist (and the destruction of western civilisation)

Bin Laden should have stood trial.

A US President, in both instances, overreached their office and killed someone who should have stood trial for their crimes.

In both cases, there was no punishment for the crimes of the terrorists, they were just dead.

Crikey Naut! Bin Laden or Solemiani would never have stood trial. Really, think about it. Seriously, how many more lives would be lost before their capture. How many would have suffered and/or died after their incarceration. It's like the mad dog who constantly attacks and injures or kills life. A simple bullet ends it.

Kind regards,

Bally

Osama Bin Laden was in his home and was discovered by Navy Seals who were raiding his compound. Bin Laden was shot several times in the body and in the head, despite the fact that he was unarmed.

He could easily have been arrested at that point as he was clearly outnumbered by armed personnel.

Osama Bin Laden's body was taken on to the USS Carl Vinson. The body was not autopsied or DNA tested, and was buried at sea.

He should have stood trial and been punished for the rest of of his natural life.

If wants were needs, well you know how it goes..

Even if you need, and want, a second opinion, it can be dangerous.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

Wasn't that Bush snr? What has that got to do with Trump, who has actively deescalated a war in the middle east?

Please tell me what Trump did that de-escalated the situation that he caused?

What actions did he take?

I dunno,. you tell me.

PLlase..

You are the one who said Trump de-escalated the situation. I haven't read of anything that Trump did to de-escalate the situation. That was why I was asking you what you thought Trump did to de-escalate the situation.

Clearly, you think that Trump did something too de-escalate the situation, what was it?

If you need such remedial education on such facts, it is not incumbent upon me to do so.

Learn an internet, or a book, newb.

edit on 13-1-2020 by TrustedTruth because: typo.. damn darkness at 8pm..

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Oh I dunno, blowing up military bases and killing people..

I know it's hard,. but if you just look, those facts are right there, even google has them.

watching loads of miscreants psychopathically parading around with placards, crying and boohooing on CNN, just might not cut it. But you know, you do you.

edit on 13-1-2020 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I never cheered the killing of Bin Laden. Bin Laden should have stood trial.

Again, wasn't Trump.. You a confused..

I never blamed Trump for Bin Laden's death. That was all on Obama.

I do blame directly Trump for Solemaini's death.

Also, I have respect for Mr Assange... Mister Cimmodire 64, not so much.. at least having read this thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Well it’s lucky that President Trump doesn’t have ‘ulterior motives’ like the easily manipulated have been fooled into thinking.

Also lucky he doesn’t have a ‘chip on his shoulder’ like the media-fed drones have been fooled into believing.

Because he most certainly does not want to take his country to war. As has been proven.

So, Operation Desert Storm, all those deaths, what did they achieve?

The war on terror has killed far more than terrorism alone and every time they get rid of one terrorist group, there are others. It isn't working. It is death for death and he toll simply rises.

So, in your opinion, we should also stop going after murderers? Because every time one is put behind bars, there's always ten more committing murders after him. That is what you're saying, you can't deny it. What you're saying does not work. We have to keep trying to stop terrorists and murderers. How do you function in society with crazed thinking like that?

We should absolutely go after these murderers, as individuals.

Applying some vague label of "terrorist" and then attacking everyone to which you apply the label, is not dealing with the actual perpetrators of the crime.

It diffuses the truth of getting these guys and suddenly you start fighting wars over people who have never killed any Americans (and probably couldn't even if the wanted), while the actual perpetrators of crimes go free.

Who even are you.

One post you're saying he is a great man and Trump is directly responsible for killing an innocent msn,

The next I read you wanting to kill him..

Super troll, you are not, You have a nose and it is obvious,

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Wasn't that Bush snr? What has that got to do with Trump, who has actively deescalated a war in the middle east?

Please tell me what Trump did that de-escalated the situation that he caused?

What actions did he take?

I dunno,. you tell me.

PLlase..

You are the one who said Trump de-escalated the situation. I haven't read of anything that Trump did to de-escalate the situation. That was why I was asking you what you thought Trump did to de-escalate the situation.

Clearly, you think that Trump did something too de-escalate the situation, what was it?

If you need such remedial education on such facts, it is not incumbent upon me to do so.

Learn an internet, or a book, newb.

Ha ha, You started here 26th December last year and you are calling me a noob.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Oh I dunno, blowing up military bases and killing people..

I know it's hard,. but if you just look, those facts are right there, even google has them.

watching loads of miscreants psychopathically parading around with placards, crying and boohooing on CNN, just might not cut it. But you know, you do you.

Yes Soleimaini did blow up military bases and kill people. They were predominantly Al Queda and ISIL people. The same ones for which the US were there in a foreign country, blowing up ISIL and Al Queda bases and killing people.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Well it’s lucky that President Trump doesn’t have ‘ulterior motives’ like the easily manipulated have been fooled into thinking.

Also lucky he doesn’t have a ‘chip on his shoulder’ like the media-fed drones have been fooled into believing.

Because he most certainly does not want to take his country to war. As has been proven.

The war on terror has killed far more than terrorism alone and every time they get rid of one terrorist group, there are others. It isn't working. It is death for death and he toll simply rises.

So, in your opinion, we should also stop going after murderers? Because every time one is put behind bars, there's always ten more committing murders after him. That is what you're saying, you can't deny it. What you're saying does not work. We have to keep trying to stop terrorists and murderers. How do you function in society with crazed thinking like that?

Applying some vague label of "terrorist" and then attacking everyone to which you apply the label, is not dealing with the actual perpetrators of the crime.

It diffuses the truth of getting these guys and suddenly you start fighting wars over people who have never killed any Americans (and probably couldn't even if the wanted), while the actual perpetrators of crimes go free.

Who even are you.

One post you're saying he is a great man and Trump is directly responsible for killing an innocent msn,

I never said that Solemiani was a great man. He did bad things. He should have been tried for his crimes. That is how civilized people do things.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It just crossed in the mail.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
In a perfect world under united international laws it could be the way. Sadly, that's an imperfect world with many sideshow Bob playing dirty. We are not and never will be in a utopian society. Democratic society is the best we've done yet. If you think you'd do better please enlighten us: I'm open to discussion.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Who even are you.

Ah, we have a philosopher in our midst! Who indeed? Who is anyone?

Also philosopher with ethical comprehension issues.

I didn't say Soleimani was a great man. I said that Trump is not because he did a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
In a perfect world under united international laws it could be the way. Sadly, that's an imperfect world with many sideshow Bob playing dirty. We are not and never will be in a utopian society. Democratic society is the best we've done yet. If you think you'd do better please enlighten us: I'm open to discussion.

So rocketing people from drones, without the mandate of the people, is an acceptable expression of a democratic republic?

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

(post by TrustedTruth removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I got a warning..

Hope you did too.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The same ones for which the US were there in a foreign country, blowing up ISIL and Al Queda bases and killing people.

If I was a politician or military leader in another country, I'd be very wary of doing war business with the United States. We tend to abandon our allies and kill our confederates when we feel they're no longer of use to us. This Soleimaini guy is just another in a long list.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join