It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran accused of shooting down Ukranian flight - US claims it has evidence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

They invited Boeing and the NTSB to assist, so they'll probably get to see the data, if they participate. They just won't get to download the data directly from the box.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for the info on that. You wouldn't happen to know if a missile strike looks any different than a bird striking the engine on the data?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Yes. It will show disruption of multiple systems simultaneously. A bird strike will only show damage to engine related systems. The chances are both records will shut off at the time of the missile impact.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Yes. It will show disruption of multiple systems simultaneously. A bird strike will only show damage to engine related systems. The chances are both records will shut off at the time of the missile impact.

Can you elaborate on this? What would be the significance of both systems shutting off at the time of missile impact? What expectation do you have of the cockpit recorder return prior to the impact?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

It's an indication that the aircraft lost power suddenly. There are a few reasons it could happen, but in this case, it's almost certainly an indication of significant damage to the aircraft. In the case of a bird strike, or engine problem, the recorders would keep running, unless the pilots shut them off as part of the emergency checklist.

Unless they're shut off by the pilots pulling a circuit breaker, usually once you lose the recorders, they're not coming back. SwissAir 111 lost the last six minutes of the flight because the recorders went out.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sadly, I know more about the power systems on the STS than I do about those on commercial airliners, but I suspect they have an APU.

Politics aside this is a tragedy. I want to know whether it's downing was deliberate, or whether it was, as they say, an accident. I want to see the flight manifest, I want to know who was in what seat, I want access to every bit of data on those black boxes. And I know you can't give me that.

On twitter I've been reading that commercial air travel had resumed before this flight disaster, and I have to ask, 'why this flight?'

My instinct is that there was someone on board that made shooting it down worth the 'embarrassment' for the Iranian regime. I want that name, or those names.

And I also know you won't comment on speculation, and I respect that. I have no such reservations.

To the community: Who did the regime kill here?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

some one was joking about that old russian AA tech still program to shoot ukrainian plane.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Somewhere there is a passenger list..it's in one of the various threads on this flight.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

They have an APU, but it has to be turned on in the cockpit. If the fuel system was damaged, the electrical system damaged, or the pilots killed its not going to activate.

At some point Press TV put out that six American aircraft were heading to Tehran. That's going to get the radar operators adrenaline going. There was an hour long delay before this flight took off (they were scheduled for an hour earlier). If they stopped departures while launching the missiles into Iraq, this may have been one of the first aircraft launching.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Can a military aircraft squawk a passenger jet IFF code easily?
Certainly a SA radar challenges anything it is interested in.
It does say that Iran Military does not trust it, so could it be a common tactic to fake the transponders?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Transponders have multiple modes, depending on the aircraft they're in. Mode 1, 2, and 4 are military and can't be seen by civilian systems, unless they're specifically set up for it (most aren't). Civilian aircraft use Mode 3, which also has A and C, which include altitude data, as well as a four digit identifier. (Then there's Mode 5 and Mode S, which are used for ADS-B)

Military aircraft broadcast Mode 3 as well, so that civilian ATC can see them flying in the NAS. They could use it to fake being a civilian aircraft. But if they're trying to fake being an existing flight they'd need the transponder code for that flight. Otherwise they'd be intercepted to be identified.
edit on 1/9/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Closing this duplicate thread.
Please post your thoughts in this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join