It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran accused of shooting down Ukranian flight - US claims it has evidence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
News now reporting Iran shot it down with a SA-15 missile.

That missile was sold to them by Russia wasn't it?

Yes...and my bet would be paid for by the $150 Billion Obama released.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Iran shot it down. My theory is they activated their targeting systems for flights because they were about to fire their missiles off. They either didn't account for civilian planes for targeting or they didn't notify the airport of the strike. I don't believe it was intentional at all.

My conspiracy side says this is why Trump has been rather somber since Iran launched their strike. I think the whole scenario was planned for Soleimani to be taken out, then Iran to launch missiles that did nothing.

Iran, being cautious of trusting the US wouldn't launch a full air strike, activated their systems and accidentally targeted a civilian aircraft. It wasn't part of the plan and now both sides have to eat a little crow.

SA-15s were not the missiles they shot at the US bases,and this was in the opposite direction.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If I'm arguing with someone on the telephone and throw my phone across the room and it hits someone out of anger, I'm responsible for that. Not the person I was talking to.

Iran would be responsible if they did infact shoot down that plane, accident it not.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

A better question would be way was this flight happening at all? Iran just launched a bunch of missiles into another country, a counter strike was expected to be in coming, and the mix of people on the jet mostly seemed to be Iranians and Canadians? Something else is up.

Here in Washington State we just had an issue with a group of Iranian-Americans were coming across the boarder with a group of Iranians. The Iranians were detains due to improper paperwork, so the Iran-Americans went to CAIR and instantly created a anti-civil rights issue out of this. Were these "Canadians" on board also looking to enter the US unannounced?

Then we have the issue with Iran not wanting to share the Black-Box and crash data with anyone (as of this typing). Personally I was under the impression that an Iranian Soldier shot the jet down by accident, but now I'm wondering if it was on purpose in order to prevent a group of insurgents from doing "That Attack" that slain General Soleimani was going to do. Was this shooting down of a commercial jet Iran doing the US a "solid"?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I know....these are the ones that were for anti aircraft. Not the same as the ones fired at bases.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Before the day is out, the MSM will be blaming President Trump.

Example: "If Trump had not assassinated the esteemed Iran General Soleimani, Iran would not have been retaliating against us that night!"

Already happened minutes after pentagon announced this on twitter - including Barbara Boxer.

As Bongino pointed out - if Trump is responsible for the airliner being shot down - by the same logic Iran is responsible for the killing of Sulimani.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Why was there so many Canadians on the plane in the first place?

That's the one thing that's confused me the most ever since this story first broke... I mean, is Iran just a really popular tourist destination for Canadians something?

Whats up with that?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Piss poor training of whoever was at that launch platform .

We spend a ton of money training our troops and they still screw the pooch periodically. Iran is broke it might have been the first time they actually lit some up and throw in a speech about an impending fight with America and you get a recipe for trouble.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

That's the one thing that's confused me the most ever since this story first broke... I mean, is Iran just a really popular tourist destination for Canadians something?

Whats up with that?

Pretty sure they were of Iranian descent, lots of Iranians in Canada..3 of the dead lived about 20km from me.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Whats up with that?

Pretty sure they were of Iranian descent, lots of Iranians in Canada..3 of the dead lived about 20km from me.

Yeah, I get that. Canada apparently has the 3rd highest Iranian immigrant population... The US being the highest.

Still though, I find it highly suspicious that 35% of the passengers were Canadian citizens, yet not one was an American citizen... Almost as if someone was trying to hit as close to home as possible, without actually going there.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Air defense systems usually aren't tied into ATC, so don't see transponders, or hear then talking. All they see is a radar return. Get reports of American aircraft enroute(Press TV), know that you just fired a bunch of missiles at American troops, and you get a nervous radar operator, and a disaster looking for a place to happen.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blastoff

You seem to be misunderstanding what was issued. The FAA ordered all US registered aircraft to remain clear of Iranian airspace. They don't affect any other countries aircraft, or airspace. The ONLY aircraft affected by the supposed no fly order are registered in the United States. There was no such order issued by Iran, who is the only one that could stop all aircraft flying in their airspace.
edit on 1/9/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This from Sky News, reportedly remains of SA Missile .... found near crash site.

Anyone know enough about the back-end of this thing to identify it?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Again, there's a bit of a misunderstanding here. They didn't say they wouldn't turn them over, they said they wouldn't turn them over to Boeing. They haven't decided where they'll take them to be repaired and decoded.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Tor-M1, NATO SA-15. It appears to be the guidance section.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Tor-M1, NATO SA-15. It appears to be the guidance section.

That was quick, Zaph.

Seems there are more clips available on Sky than I have been able to find in U.S. media....

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Think rats leaving a sinking ship.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Meh, I think you're reading too much into it..with all due respect.
The plane was heading to Canada..I believe, or was at some point to put people there for a connecting flight.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

A few places have been talking about it.

It's most likely the area where the forward fins are.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I just got back, but you are once again correct. I still stand by the rest of my post though, those questions need to be asked.

I wonder if the US will get any of the flight data given that it was a US produced aircraft, but from the looks of it I doubt there would be anything Boeing could be accused of for the jet going down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join