It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile defense.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Hey I wonder if nanomachines released in a swarm form could act as a shield?

How about a swarm of drones flying in formation? Some of the drones are radar reflectors, some are thermal emitters, some are RF emitters and some monitor the incoming missile's emissions. When a missile locks on to the swarm the swarm scatters leaving the missile without a target. Later the drones return to the ship to be refurbished and used again.

The Phalanx system is a nasty beast. I've seen it shoot down a target drone and then shoot the falling pieces.
During sea trials they were firing the Phalanx, followed by the Sea Sparrow missiles that were on the launcher below it. The Phalanx shot, hit it's target and then it was the Sea Sparrow's turn. The first Sea Sparrow came out of the launcher, went a few hundred yards and exploded. They had forgotten to turn off the Phalanx.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
My missile defense system is the best one in the whole World!!! Nothing can approach, not even the best missiles ever made, not even the best projectiles fired by the electromagnetic railgun. My defense system is a major threat to the best drones and fighter jets. It is so powerful, that the warship has to fire from an extreme distance, anything coming closer, will be terminated.

<< 1   >>

join