It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Rocket attack in Iraq, Green zone targeted

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Just had this come through on my feed.

www.theguardian.com... (Unable to link?) info on Guardian site US Political feed at 21:10.

From article update:

Rockets falling in Baghdad, Iraq Latest report, with details just trickling in so far, is of three Katyusha rockets, commonly used my militias, have fallen inside Baghdad’s heavily-fortified Green Zone and have started a fire, police sources report, via Reuters. The US embassy may have been the intended target.

From Reuters:
www.reuters.com...

Two rockets fall inside Baghdad's Green Zone 1 Min Read BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Two rockets fell on Wednesday inside Baghdad’s heavily fortified Green Zone, which houses government buildings and foreign missions, but caused no casualties, the Iraqi military said. Sirens were sounding inside the Green Zone. Police sources told Reuters at least one of the rockets fell 100 metres (yards) from the U.S. Embassy. “Two Katyusha rockets fall inside the Green Zone without causing casualties. Details to follow,” the military said. Two loud blasts followed by sirens had been heard in Baghdad, Reuters witnesses said. There was no immediate claim of responsibility. Iran launched missiles at U.S. forces in Iraq overnight in retaliation for the killing by the United States last week of Iranian General Qassim Soleimani, raising concern about a wider war in the Middle East. Reporting by Ahmed Aboulenein; Editing by Peter Cooney

Hard to know what to make of it, "it seems" to be a small localized attack by militias, certainly someone wants a reaction or their 15 minutes of fame. Having just watched President Trumps speech I doubt it will change anything but on a fast moving day of ballistic missile attacks, a Commercial airliner coming down I think it maybe note worthy.

Please update as needed as I will be away from comms very soon for the day. Have a safe one.

edit on 8-1-2020 by Petra137 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2020 by Petra137 because: added info ref broken link

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Petra137

I went to their site. Nothing on there about a new attack. Link you have is dead. Think you got duped.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I saw it here first and now on Google news

www.zerohedge.com... uddenly-tumble-after-green-zone-explosion-headlinea reply to: Petra137

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Petra137

Well the last time they f'ed up the green zone their precious general got killed. Maybe this rocket will get their s@$tbag religious leader killed. I don't think the Iranian people will miss him.
edit on 1/8/20 by Ksihkehe because: Bunch of typo stuff

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
any new attacks from other than Militias or IRGC soldiers are because the Mulla's have that Blood Red Flag waving above that Mahdi Mosque

the Red Flag allows individuals to attack little Satan/Great Satan (Israel or usa) without any reservations because the Mulla's told then that a religious Blessing results when you shed the enemy blood when the Red Banner is flying on top of Mosque

the idea is called Apocalyptic Islam

see: www.prophecynewswatch.com...

edit on th31157852332808422020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Another link.

www.dailystar.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It's a new attack, can't find anything on the Guardian which is strange but it's now confirmed three rockets fired by the Iranian back millitia Kataib Hezbollah.

No casualties reported from the first two rockets but something big is on fire after the third. US embassy has been confirmed as the intended target but wasn't hit by the strike. One missile appears to have missed the green zone completely.

EDIT: Iran and the leaders of the millitia behind the attack have issued a condemnation of the millitants responsible for launching this attack. It wasn't done with their knowledge or blessing, the militants have either gone rogue as Soulemani's replacement doesn't have the ability to control them or hadn't got the news that Iran has ceased anti-US operations for now.

twitter.com...
edit on 8-1-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
LoL

I am hoping that fellow, members here do not think, Iran, will stop trying to kill, Americans, just because we did not escalate things into a real conventional war, after their failed scud missile attack..

It’s not gonna stop..
edit on 8-1-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
LoL

I am hoping that fellow, members here do not think, Iran, will stop trying to kill, Americans, just because we did not exculate things into a real conventional war, after their failed scud missile attack..

It’s not gonna stop..

The last thing Iran wants is to kill Americans because they know they'd be handed an unbalanced retaliation by America. The attacks last night were to save face. The leaders don't want to look weak to their own people. The targets were warned in advance. Iran is in a bad position, strategically. They essentially traded keeping their pride for more sanctions.
edit on 8-1-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What is being left out of all this is they lost what, 58 people in a human stampede, another 82 Iranians died from their defense system human error hitting an airliner.

US hasn't sent a single thing over the fence. Not even a rock from a slingshot. Iranians should not even be invited to the party if there is a WWIII. They can't even conduct a funeral procession without creating 58 more funeral processions.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Well, I am sure Iranians have read the David vs Goliath story....

I can’t share in the arrogance when it comes to war.. I have studied it in history for to long. You might be right thou, let’s hope so 👍

edit on 8-1-2020 by Bicent because: David, I am getting old.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Trumps response should be to "Iran" is a cruise missile into a dam or other structure near their nuclear power plant necessary to keep the plant running. Hit nothing that could cause radioactive contamination but capable of shutting it down....

It's distribution network.
edit on 8-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I am sure its just a pause, and as we speak a fleet of ships are headed out to the middle east. Truth is the first casualty of war. I cant imagine twenty missiles caused not one casualty, if that were so they wouldn't make them.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I am sure its just a pause, and as we speak a fleet of ships are headed out to the middle east. Truth is the first casualty of war. I cant imagine twenty missiles caused not one casualty, if that were so they wouldn't make them.

These are garbage missiles. Poorly guided otherwise why are some totally missing the objective. We have warning systems so by the time it gets close everyone goes to general quarters. It's not that hard to thwart it. Being underground 10 ft is likely good enough. These are not bunker busters.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have just started posting this around as of now.

My sister is in the Canadian Air Forces (Corporal) and she showed me some screenshots of her sectors group chat and their Master Sergeant is telling them all to get ready to possibly go to the Middle East TOMORROW morning!

ALSO,

There WERE Soldier CASUALTIES during the Missile attacks from IRAN, unknown as to how many, but it is in the double digits. The military DOES NOT want to release any of this info nation wide until the event has escalated to a point in time where there WILL be drafts 100% for the Canadian Forces as their Military numbers are red in every sector.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
Some of them didn't even explode.
Iran may have targeted them outside the bases or even their guidance system isn't much good.

Maybe they shouldn't be making them.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

she showed me some screenshots

You need to post the screenshots or shut up.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Give me a minute, then YOU can shut up, boy.

This site is f$%#ing weird to upload pictures on.
edit on 8-1-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

Update, Im still trying to figure it out... I have uploaded the pics but they will not allow me to post them in here.

Links to pics below... I tried my best to get them directly on here. This site is dumb with images.

ibb.co...

ibb.co...

Edit to the 2nd pic..She meant "Iran" not Iraq.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Do not share screen shots,. It could get your relatives in trouble!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It's all censored from names. Don't worry

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join