It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxpayer group cites AOC as 'Porker of the Year' for 2019

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Waterglass

I like AOC. For years I've heard Democrats don't fight back and are push-overs. She fights back!

Her fighting back amounts to fake photo shoots and platitudes for your consumption. Name something she's accomplished, other than lose her district thousands of jobs.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

That's why he's calling for a wealth tax? To you know, tax him more. He can only donate and put so much money into philanthropic deeds you know. You aren't making any sense.

According to AOC and the Bernie camp the money of billionaires is like blood money, so she accepted Seyer's donation and is a hypocrite plain and simple.

Also, Warren Buffet and a lot of people like him saying "I should pay more taxes" are successfully LOWERING their tax burden with off-shore accounts and billionaire accounting tactics... these same people COULD write a check to the US treasury if they would put their money where their mouth is, but none of them are doing that.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

No... she accepted a donation from a rich man who wants taxes raised.

But, lets look at what he does, he's a hedge fund manager, meaning his earnings and fortunes are in managing other rich peoples money.

Buffet, Gates, etc, are also in a similar boat, jut like Bezo's, they themselves cannot just cut a check for a billion dollars, they are at the whim of shareholder money, they simply over see the assets and capital growth.

Gates and the like see the snakes who invest into their company and business ventures and it's those people who can buy 1000+ shares of say Amazon at what, 1800 dollars a share? That need to be taxed. Those billionaires already invest most of their take home fortunes to non profit charities, and philanthropic investments. Buffet for example still buys pre owned Cadillac's and Mcdonalds breakfasts and non of his 'staff' make over 100k a year.
Really makes you think when guys like them call for higher taxes, it's not because they own a lot, it's because they know where the money goes, and it's not into the everyday working class american.
edit on 8-1-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You sound ridonculous! "they are at the whim of shareholder money, they simply over see the assets and capital growth."

Of course a billionaire like Warren Buffet could write a check for a million dollars.

Not 100% of their money is tied up in their companies! This argument holds no water whatsoever and FC is right that Bernie, AOC etc. are hypocrites in so many ways (of course other politicians are as well, including Trump and republicans but you are in denial plain and simple)
edit on 8-1-2020 by ofleming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

That's why people like Michael Bloomberg have multiple private jets, a helicopter, many vehicles and SIX different houses. And wants other people to "do their part and take the bus". You must be delusional to think that these politicians and super rich figures want wealth taxes and want to pay more in taxes. They want to get elected for their own self-benefit, NOT the benefit of the common man
I'm removing myself from this debate with you at this point since it seems it's no use

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ofleming

I never said cutting a check for a million dollars. Lots of people can do that, that's not a lot of money. What Famcore is suggesting is that they can cut a check for billions, nope.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

HA, Comparing Bloomberg, a true capitalist to the likes of Bezos, Buffet and Gates? Are you serious?

I wager you to look into how many private jets buffet personally OWNS, and how many gates owns, or better yet, how many 'toys' those men have. Same with Steyer, I'd love for you to see what cars that man drives compared to a money magnate like Bloomberg, who doesn't want higher taxes.
edit on 8-1-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I never said cutting a check for a million dollars. Lots of people can do that, that's not a lot of money. What Famcore is suggesting is that they can cut a check for billions, nope.

Point to where I said anyone could write a check for a BILLION dollars? You're making things up now. I said they could WRITE a check to the treasury if they wanted to contribute more in taxes, yet none of them do that.

Believe whatever you want to believe but don't put words in my mouth that I never said

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Point to where I said anyone could write a check for a BILLION dollars? You're making things up now. I said they could WRITE a check to the treasury if they wanted to contribute more in taxes, yet none of them do that.

Believe whatever you want to believe but don't put words in my mouth that I never said

Yea they could do that. Or work towards making it fair for everyone by pushing for higher taxes for ALL people who make ridiculous amounts of money.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Notoneofyou

That's why he's calling for a wealth tax? To you know, tax him more. He can only donate and put so much money into philanthropic deeds you know. You aren't making any sense.

I love these threads about AOC, Omar, etc, just a bunch of rabid dogs all jumping over each other to see who can get more information wrong time and time again from sources like the New york post, and Washington Examiner.

Sure, to tax himself more....

You mean after he starts a foundation, diverts all his cash and donations to it, and pays no tax?

Because that's what they do.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Yes of course to tax himself more... or to you know, make sure the people he's making money for pay their fair share of taxes, like I said earlier..?

Why is someone making millions of dollars off he backs of low wage workers and illegals while joe blow works who works hard making middle class wages has the same tax rate? Do you not see how 'shareholding' is basically just exploiting the working class while putting in minimal effort?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
AOC
The dang best political comedian since Debbie Wasserman Schultz....
How do the Ds find these top rate comedians , anyway ?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

So what would you say is a fair share of taxes? What percent? How would you, someone who according to their profile says they live in Canada, arrange the United States tax brackets?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

How did the OP make the jump from AOC "winning" a wasteful spending (or attempted wasteful spending) "award", to "climate change = big bewbz?"

Is nobody else wondering about the weird turn off-topic just a few sentences into the OP?

Maybe I just need to start drinking to keep up lol

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Wasn't Jeffrey Epstein also a type of Hedge Fund supposed Billionaire like Steyer? Just too convenient.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Green New Deal is about Climate Change, Global Warming and GMO stuff. Right? Plus we still have "freedom" to write on this "conspiracy" site.

Bottom line is your here!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join