It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU, TV show, the new Dexter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just finished binge watching two seasons of this show. Really scratches the itch as a Dexter fan.

About a guy who is an obsessive stalker type, and kills those who get in his way.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I LOVE that show! I couldn't wait for season 2 and was on it the day it was released. I absolutely cannot wait for season 3! I think I know who that was behind the fence... muuuuahahaha!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Good show and actors but they talk about white and male privilege every chance they get. No surprise being that it’s Netflix though...

It’s incessant in that 2nd season, I couldn’t even keep count of the mentions of white privilege (and some referencing male privilege).

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I couldn’t agree more. Having agendas being thrown in your face makes something unwatchable. I watch to escape and be entertained not to be proselytized to by some liberal writer.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Good show and actors but they talk about white and male privilege every chance they get. No surprise being that it’s Netflix though...

It’s incessant in that 2nd season, I couldn’t even keep count of the mentions of white privilege (and some referencing male privilege).

Well, it's the writers and i believe it's based in LA so they presented a much more PC vibe that would be akin to LA cliches.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I interpreted that as more of the writers saying, "Let's poke some fun at the California Millennial stereotypes" than any agenda. The whole point of the show is to make the main character seem likable, even though he's a completely insane stalker and killer, by making you hate the people he is stuck dealing with.

I guess I could be wrong there, but it seemed entirely used to mock the white male privilege angle rather than to promote it.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

We have two episodes to go in Season 2. It's a pretty good show.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
That is nothing like Dexter.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Thanks for the recommendation. Star and flag. 👍

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth
That is nothing like Dexter.

Appreciate that input. I'm a huge "Dexter" fan. Good to know I shouldn't set my expectations too high.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
I interpreted that as more of the writers saying, "Let's poke some fun at the California Millennial stereotypes" than any agenda. The whole point of the show is to make the main character seem likable, even though he's a completely insane stalker and killer, by making you hate the people he is stuck dealing with.

I guess I could be wrong there, but it seemed entirely used to mock the white male privilege angle rather than to promote it.

As a huge Dexter fan, I was all-in after the first post, then all-out after reading the comments about the PC crap - and now I'm at least gonna check it out. Hopefully you're right...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

As a huge Dexter fan, I was all-in after the first post, then all-out after reading the comments about the PC crap - and now I'm at least gonna check it out. Hopefully you're right...

I'm sharing the same sentiment haha what a rollercoaster of a thread

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I enjoyed it but I do think Dexter was better, I also think the first season of You was better than the second.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
NOT like "Dexter".

Junior psych v. full-on psych expert.

new topics

top topics

join