It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donald Trump to address the nation on Iran attacks at 11 a.m. (8. jan 2020)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: RazorV66

a reply to: kloejen

Great, the president who doesn't know what international law means will talk

So now there is an international law against the killing of terrorists?
Did your leaders in Scotland think that one up?

The guy represented his country's interests, much like the CIA spooks when they're initiating the latest coup or whatever, except he was there to meet the Iraqi PM on official business, who also may I add, backs Iran's right of retaliation.

It was a cowardly act on Trump's part, done without warning or consultation with congress or the Iraqi government, in essence the assassination was a terrorist act, hell it was probably done on a whim because he had too much tipple over xmas or something, the guy is an idiot, c'mon

Is that right? They've been attacking us on and off since 1979. Unprovoked? You've been drinking too much peat.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

It was a cowardly act on Trump's part, done without warning or consultation with congress or the Iraqi government, in essence the assassination was a terrorist act, hell it was probably done on a whim because he had too much tipple over xmas or something, the guy is an idiot, c'mon

poorly articulated, rank speculation, no more no less

the deceased had recently been involved in killing americans
he got what he deserved

It's actually fact:

The Iraqi foreign ministry has summoned US ambassador Matthew Tueller to condemn recent American strikes in the capital Baghdad that resulted in the assassination of Iran’s top military commander, Lt. Gen. Qassem Soleimani, and the second-in-command of Iraq's Popular Mobilization Units (PMU), Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis.

The ministry further stated that the act was also “a flagrant breach of all international laws and norms that regulate relations between countries and prohibit the use of their lands to carry out attacks on neighboring countries.”

In all, 10 people -- five Iraqis and five Iranians -- were assassinated in the US strike on their motorcade just outside Baghdad airport in early hours of Friday shortly after Gen. Soleimani’s flight had arrived from Syria, leading to speculation that the Israeli intelligence apparatus might have played a role.

www.presstv.com...

I often wonder if followers of an idiot, are indeed idiots themselves

Wow. What would you say about a person quoting a news site from Tehran in his posts claiming it to be the truth? I think I know.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: valiant
a reply to: toolgal462

I was sat here thinking ''wtf is wrong with his voice and breathing'' ? he is slurring too.

I don't think he slurred, but his breathing sounds labored or something seems to be going on.

"Iranian Tourists" (terrorists)

"Tolerighted" (tolerated).

Sedatives?

I think he might be fighting a cold or something so he might be taking something.

BUT, I'm just glad he is choosing to de escalate.

On his worst day he's still tons better than Pelosi was the other day. Wow.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: mightmight

The only way to make a bully to back down is to stand up to him

Knowing Russia could have been drawn into any conflict on the side of Iran, Trump was always going to back down.

Are you serious? Russia wants no part of this issue. Come on.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read new threads.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
Yet again Trump sounded like a rambling incoherent fool.

I disagree, although I didn't catch the whole speech, I did not hear anything that stuck out as you describe..believe me I'm not a fan.

Credit to him for not escalating this.

Extreme respect to you Vonclod!

Much appreciated

I try to call things how I see/hear them, of course I fail sometimes in my bias.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
And here is the fact check... sort of

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join