It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duterte to side with US if Filipinos are harmed in Middle East ruckus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Duterte to side with US if Filipinos are harmed in Middle East ruckus

MANILA, Philippines—President Rodrigo Duterte will side with the United States if Filipinos in the Middle East were “harmed” due to the escalating tension between the country’s military ally and Iran
Taking sides.

The Philippines has a Mutual Defense Treaty with the U.S., which states that both countries would assist each other when either of them is attacked by a foreign force.
Or keeping promises.

The World is squaring up...

Personally I don't believe Iran is going to respond to the loss of their 'great general' any more than they've retaliated when faced with a strong USA before (before Obama that is).

But - we're living in 'interesting times'.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I can’t get over how many people are supporting a terrorist just because it was Trump that took him out. No one seemed to go after Obama when he killed terrorists with drones. Heck, it is one of the few things Obama got right.

edit on 2020/1/7 by Metallicus because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't understand how disagreeing with the policy decision automatically = supporting terrorism.

I'm not watching TV so am I missing something?

Are they outright supporting the terrorist? If so that's a pretty sick minded Psyop twist the MSM is pulling, it'd probably irritate me too. Glad I'm not watching TV news these days.

I personally don't support terrorist because they are killers and I'm against killing so I also disagree with us being in the middle East to begin with so of course blanket disagree with any further strikes or ops in the region.

See I both disagree with the decision to kill a terrorist I Condemn and disagree with (because terrorists kill innocents on purpose) while I condemn that terrorist.

In fact I'll just condemn everyone for good measure. And I disagree.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I'll admit I laughed while writing that above reply. Good stuff lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Indeed we are in interesting times, someone certainly does believe iran will respond -

52 Airforce F-35A aircraft perform apparent training excersise from Hill Airforce base Utah.

Coincidence? (52) - i think not.

edit on 7-1-2020 by CthruU because: 1

edit on 7-1-2020 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Nutcases for war, stand over there. Everyone sane, stand over here...

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Liberal logic 101...Obama assassinates the top terrorist in the world and is cheered, Trump assassinates the top terrorist in the world and is considered a dictator dangerous to the world.

The hypocrisy is so thick you can taste it and then they wonder why they aren’t taken serious.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Well, i think people at large ignore drone strikes and think they are magic bullet killers. Alot of women, children and unaffiliated men die because we have been getting more loose with drone strikes. Trump has certainly increased them resulting in more civilian death.

I know that has nothing to do with the general. I just never see MSM or really anyone else make a big deal about civilians getting killed by obama or trump.

Regarding the general, people are concerned about the ramifications of killing a irani general. They aren't concerned that he was innocent.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Yes. An exercise on that scale has been in the works for months. You don't just wake up one day and say, "let's launch 52 of our aircraft". Hill has 78 aircraft total between all their squadrons. An unknown number of aircraft is currently in the Middle East deployed. It's probably 12 aircraft, leaving 66 at Hill. Getting 52 aircraft out of 66 airborne in one day is actually an outstanding accomplishment. They've been prepping aircraft and going over systems for at least the last week to ensure they could get close to that number airborne.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Regarding the general, people are concerned about the ramifications of killing a irani general. They aren't concerned that he was innocent.
a reply to: blueman12

Often times doing the right thing is hard. You find out who has the resolve to see justice served in times like these and who has flexible morals.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: silo13

Nutcases for war, stand over there. Everyone sane, stand over here...

Is it a war yet ?
Will it ever be a war ?
I think not.
And nutcases are not always defined by how they feel about war.....

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Trump assassinated a government official within a another sovereign nation. America does not have the right to kill whoever they want anywhere they want with impunity.

top topics

join