It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats a story about you that sounds like a lie, but is absolutely true?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I wouldn't know where to start. I have lived a full, interesting, adventurous, and sometimes daring life.

Half of the crap I did when I was young, "I" don't even know how I survived, and even I wouldn't believe some of the stories about my life, even though I have adequate proof they are all true.

I started out as a poor country girl that only had books to teach her about the world. I was the oldest of ten children, so I quickly learned to be a take charge kind of gal that never ran from anything, if I didn't know what I was running from. I grew up in a military household, and joined the Air Force to further my medical education. More education in survival of those that are the most clever, which got me into a lot of interesting situations, that led to a lot of the unbelievable but true stories I could tell.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I get it. I grew up in venice beach and the westside in the 80’s and 90’s. I was always in trouble. It was fun. I do like to blast this song when I get lonely.

Beautiful Los Angeles

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: putnam6
I once got locked up in the mental hospital briefly delivering a pizza.

Okay give us the goodies. You know you cant just leave us hanging like that!

LOL sorry, I had to work a bit LOL. Sounds worse than it ended up being but I delivered pizzas as a teenager this was back in the 80's so no cell phones. The store was close to a hospital and we would always get orders throughout the night and late night and they were good tippers so you wanted those runs. Anyway it's 11:45 on a Friday night and we get an order, now Ive been all over the regular hospital as a patient or working but this order had Psych Ward on it. I'd never been there and was in a new section.

So I head out and know this back door into the whole complex but get turned around and lost a bit but finally, I see the door saying Psych Ward and I go in well the door clicks shut behind me and there is nobody in the room, it looks like a waiting room, has a receptionist desk a few seats and there is another door that's locked, well I knocked on it but got no answer and went to leave through the door I came in and I'm locked in. Now I'm like crap and after looking around there was a phone on the desk so I call the operator at the hospital and she nervously laughs and says hold on I'll get security, well they switch me to security.

The security guy gets on the line and starts telling me to hang up the phone and go back to my room, and I tell him I'm a pizza delivery guy delivering a pizza. He says quit messing around or I'm going to come down there and put you in restraints, by this time I'm freaking out a bit and he goes you are in the Psyche Ward and I said yes please come down here and get me out,I'm not a patient!!! By this time somebody has called security saying they did indeed order a pizza and I'm in the wrong place. So now the security guy tells me, son, we will be right there if anybody comes through that other door just be nice and calm LOL so I laughed and he goes I'm not joking you are in the reception area for patients behind that door and we just had an incident where they were making a ruckus, that's why the security guard wasn't at his desk in the office he had to go back where the patients were.

Finally, two guards show up and they came in with billy clubs drawn, one of them said he wasn't sure until he saw me in my uniform that I was actually a pizza guy. So they laughed a bit at my expense and told me where to go to deliver the pizza and then the nurses there laughed at me some more. But I did get a decent tip for delivering a cold pizza.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Grew up in Carlsbad Ca in the 70's, 80's and early 90's....man....what a childhood I had. Incredible. Something happened in the late 90's though...maybe to many transplants....maybe to much illegal immigration....maybe the sharp left turn the government took....idk, maybe all of the above and more but the State is ruined now, a shadow of its former self. I finally had enough two years ago and moved far far away but I would move back in a moment if it returned to the way it once was. I miss surfing all my old breaks.

Locals only used to be a thing....

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I once found myself in a strange, magical world, with no memories, abilities, or resources and was helped by two lovely individuals who literally spent years acclimating me and making sure I was able to fend for myself there.

Weirdest gd thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Oathkeeper73

Venice beach in the 80’s was outstanding. Same thing with hermosa beach. I would swim in the ocean one day then drive up to the mountains another. I was back in LA a couple years ago. The traffic is so much worse. I did go to carneys tho on ventura in studio city. I have not been there for a moment. Delicious.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I had dinner with Gene Simmons.
That was cool.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
I once found myself in a strange, magical world, with no memories, abilities, or resources and was helped by two lovely individuals who literally spent years acclimating me and making sure I was able to fend for myself there.

Weirdest gd thing.

Sounds like Spill the wine take that girl

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I wouldn't know where to start. I have lived a full, interesting, adventurous, and sometimes daring life.

Half of the crap I did when I was young, "I" don't even know how I survived, and even I wouldn't believe some of the stories about my life, even though I have adequate proof they are all true.

I started out as a poor country girl that only had books to teach her about the world. I was the oldest of ten children, so I quickly learned to be a take charge kind of gal that never ran from anything, if I didn't know what I was running from. I grew up in a military household, and joined the Air Force to further my medical education. More education in survival of those that are the most clever, which got me into a lot of interesting situations, that led to a lot of the unbelievable but true stories I could tell.

Lets hear them Sally sounds like you have had a full life

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I was at a party in Manhattan with Richard Belzer, Ice T and his wife Coco , Lou Reed, Gilbert Gotfried, Robert Downey Sr , the youngest son of Robin Williams and all the owners of ATS. I took no pictures of myself with any of the celebrities nor asked for a single autograph.
edit on 7-1-2020 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
In 1978..........David Bowie was my toy boy for an evening!

He had been performing at a local venue and turned up at the club

I was at, he came over and chatted to me, at closing time the owner

had a lock in and I chatted and danced with him till 5 am when his

minders took him back to his hotel, and I went home.

Needless to say I didn't manage to get to work the next day!!

Shame no mobiles for some selfies at that time

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Also, Jim Marrs.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

When you spend time around the supposed rich and famous, you realize they are not any different then us poor old peons, sometimes they are much worse.

I had a close friend who's job it was to provide for the housing and amenities for the big box office draws at one of the historical venues in the Washington DC area. This afforded me the opportunity to meet and party with some of the better known performers.

In the beginning I thought I was amazingly lucky to be able to party with the stars. The bloom fell off the rose real quick, and it was the indeed a life changing experience. There are some that are down to earth and really nice people, but the majority of the ones I met, were not worth the time it took for my friend to introduce me. I too had no desire for autographs or pictures.

They are just people that get paid a hell of a lot of money to lie to you and to make you believe the lie. Their job is to entertain. They work for us and we pay them well.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

Also, Jim Marrs.

Just sayin'.

Dammit.. Knew I missed someone. Sometimers disease kicking in... Lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Do I start with spooky stuff, or tales of when I damn near got myself killed stuff, or the times I almost ended up in a military jail for being where I was not supposed to be? One of those cases involved taking an unlawful trip with a pilot to Key West. The commander of the base sent me the bill for the fuel used, but I was able to talk him into forgiving a poor, foolish, and impressionable Lieutenant.

I really should write a book. The only problem is that it would not be able to be published until after I died.
edit on 7-1-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

I should have bet on this...
Knew it!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So, when I was in my late teens I met an Arabic girl. Long story short, we got married on our joint birthday and after we wed she told me her family was extremely wealthy and wanted us to go to their country to set up our own business and live a life of luxury.

After a couple of weeks of living like a millionaire her grandfather stole her documents and told her she was a prostitute and whore for marrying a christian westerner. We had to go into hiding as they wanted her to be lashed and have her "virginity restored" and for me to be beheaded for rape as our British marriage was not recognised over there. I was offered a substantial amount of money to go back to Britain and leave my wife there with them. I refused so they had a block on us leaving the country as we moved from safe house to safe house while they had the secret police etc trying to find us. I remember her dad laughing and shouting "even your queen cannot save you now", which was ironic as I am by far no fan of the monarchy.

After a few months living on mainly bread and water the only way out was through pressure from the press and UK government. I had to go to the Sharia courts to see if they would allow me to convert to Islam which in the end and after much pressure they did and they married us under Sharia law. After a few months we were able to finally flee safely back home.

Yeah, it was some trip that now I look back at it. Some MPs and the foreign secretary tabled some stuff in parliament and if it ever happens again to someone they will refer back to our case to assist in helping others stuck in that situation.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

So was it worth it? Still married?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

That's hilarious! Thanks for posting the details!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join