It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats a story about you that sounds like a lie, but is absolutely true?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
When I was about 3-4 we were at a family friends house.
I managed to sneak out the back and found the pool.
I did laps around the edge and fell in...

no one knew!

my parents tell me the story.. they were in the office doing some work...

My sister who was asleep at the time woke up... and in a 'trance like' state walked out of her room, past the office into the backyard, did a loop walked back in side and said calmy '' jons in the pool '' then walked into her room and seemingly fell straight back asleep.

My parents looked at each other and realized what she said.. they ran outside.. i was unconscious in the pool face down..

obviously, i was resuscitated and came too and lived to tell the story..

but to this day my parents dont understand why my sister woke up, sleep walked, told them then went back to bed..

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

That is proof of God or at least a higher power, my friend.

Great story. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I worked for George Bush (Snr) and the Australian Prime Minister when they met in Sydney years ago and I got to talk to Barry Jones (the then Aussie Science Minister) for about an hour over lunch, in one of the classiest hotels in Sydney.

I also got to read the President's security briefing memo's which were just left behind.

I still have the US and Australian flag lapel pin and a thank you note.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I once got locked up in the mental hospital briefly delivering a pizza.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I once got locked up in the mental hospital briefly delivering a pizza.

Okay give us the goodies. You know you cant just leave us hanging like that!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Many years ago I had a Sony Walkman. I was listening to Metallica Ride the Lightening CD really loud with headphones. The vibration from the music caused one of the metal fillings in my teeth to fall out. I tasted metal in my mouth. At the time I thought, "Metallica!"

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

That is proof of God or at least a higher power, my friend.

Great story. Thank you for sharing.

I don't know if it's proof of God but there is a lot of research validating field energies of the mind which are proven to be much stronger between family members. There's some really great research on this with dogs waiting by the door when their owners come home. Somehow the dogs know when it's time to sit by the door. These experiments have lots of controls. Another famous set of experiments is people thinking about someone the moment before they call.

I think Jon's sister was tuned into Jon's panic through the field energy. It's a pretty good evolutionary advantage to be slightly psychic when it comes to the tribe.

There's another set of experiments with someone sleeping and another person they know looking at cards having pictures. Then and some moment in the night the person sleeping is woken up. The moment before they are woken up the other paired person, usually a mother or family member, is concentrating on the image. Then just after the person wakes up they ask the person what they are dreaming about. The results are shown to be more than simple chance by using good scientific methods the person was dreaming about something related to the picture on the card.

edit on 7-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I know it will sound like a lie since I'm so warm and cuddly but I would kill and eat every single one of you if I could get away with it.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Went to TJ after getting out of the Army with a buddy. Had been going down south to drink since I was 15. Went to our favorite bar and got destroyed on Tequila and beers. After about 3hrs I decided I needed something to keep the party going....say a little columbian marching powder. I ask the bartender tienes cocca? He says si. About 10 minutes later he walks up and hands me a folded football of coke....or who knows what honestly. I pay the man and head to the bathroom to get happy...but the only thing is in my drunken stupor I cant open the football. So using my supreme intelligence I decide to just eat the whole thing. I stand there for a minutes then exit the bathroom. I walk up to my buddy and say I think it's fake then sit down....well my chair was about 5ft away from where i sat down. I jump up all pissed off because I'm gonna get the son of a bitch who moved my chair and grab on to the table....knocking it and everything on it over. At this point the employees of the bar start to come see what the ruckus is and began to yell at me saying they are gonna call the cops...then like a freight train the coke....speed...whatever kicks in and I go into I'm super man and I'm gonna fight every single one of you bastards. I pick up a bar stool and hurl it across the room smashing the glass mirror behind the bar. At this point my buddy grabs my arm and say WE HAVE TO LEAVE NOW and pushes me towards the exit. I get to the first stair "of a spiral stair case on the third floor" leading out of the bar leading out to revolution st and take a step...well that damn depth perception didnt do me any favors as I rolled down those three stories and rolled right out onto the sidewalk . My buddy runs down the stairs thinking I'm dead but Nope, I'm up screaming expletives at the sky and any Mexican citizen within 100 yards. My friend grabs me by my collar and say RUN which I comply with. We get back to the border crossing and he somehow manages to push me through customs.
You think the story would end there....nope
We make it to his Suzuki Sidekick and start to drive away....well by now the drugs have manifested into uncontrollable energy and I cant stop kicking my feet which I have up on his dash board....yeah....I kicked his windshield out, foot right through the glass.
To make this long story a little shorter let me end by saying I promised to buy him a new windshield "which I did the next day " and he and I are STILL best friends of almost 30 years. He and I had many adventures and most are equally spectacular

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The thread I wrote a few years back about the time I
was raped,it was true.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
When I was about 5 years old I was staying at a hotel with my family for something, forgot what it was. Anyway I wandered off and I fell into the swimming pool. I didn’t know how to swim, so I sunk straight to the bottom in the deep end.

My grandfather saw it from a distance and started running towards the pool. About the time he got near the swimming pool I shot out of the water and landed on the side of it, unhurt, not even choking.

All I remember is a beautiful lady grabbing me in the water and smiling at me as she pushed me upwards and out of the swimming pool. I still remember what her face looked like. It was a family story for years. My grandfather would always tell how I shot up out of the water like a rocket right before he could get there.

There was no one else in the pool at the time.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
On a holiday in France, I was 14, with the whole family lying around on the beach, I went swimming and drifted out really quickly. I was actually scared for my life. However somehow I figured that if it is the waves carrying me, I could actually swim underwater back to the shore. And that is exactly what I did. Dived down, swam as far as possible, came up, got some air etc, eventually I was back and had a go at all of my family for not keeping an eye out. I don't even think they quite grasped the seriousness of this episode, they didn't behave as if I had just heroically cheated death.

Worst thing is that my idiot brother in law, told the same story as if it happened to him later to my brother, who knew it was my experience [BIL does that a lot].
It seems that nobody thinks it was a big deal or I made it up, but it was literally a life and death situation and I was incredibly proud of my idea to swim underneath or I would have drowned, I was quite far out already.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Back in 04’, my wife and I with our two babies went out to run errands. We were stopped at a stop light near our house. The angle we were at, made it very difficult to see cars from the opposite lanes. Our light turns green and I step on the gas to go and make a left turn. All the sudden, a car that was coming from the street I was turning on to, makes a right and stops right next to me. There were 3 people in the car. The drivers window was down and he frantically tells me (in almost what looked like a trance state) “DON’T GO!” We all paused for a moment not knowing what the hell was going on. All the sudden, a large older van comes racing by, at what I perceived at about 80 miles an hour, in a 40 mile an hour zone. After that, the driver who told us to stop, just drives off and says nothing else. With the two people in the car with him, looking at him like he was an alien. It was obvious that they couldn’t figure out what just happened.

Had he not warned us, we would Have been broadsided by the van, seriously hurt and or killed. It was almost as if an entity entered and took over his body, just to warn us for a brief moment.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Oathkeeper73

Oh man, I used to go to Tijuana all the time. I used to hang out in the worst parts, the slums. Anyway, one time the Federales got after me. It was 4 or 5 of them chasing me and I knew if I got caught I was going straight to Mexican jail. No way.

So they’re chasing me and I’m running. Down these little almost middle eastern Egyptian style back alleys. I’m dipping them, jumping over street vendors, carts full of vegetables, it’s seriously like a chase scene in a movie. They keep getting closer and closer and I think I’m screwed. I turn a corner into a smaller alley and I see some shop owner I’ve never met or seen before waving me into his shop so I’m like screw it, what do I have to lose.

I run into his shop and this man who I’ve never met, never seen before, hides me under the counter in his store. The federales come in, ask him some things in Spanish, and leave. I lay there under the counter for another 5 minutes or so, and he motions for me to get up. And he’s just laughing. So I buy a bunch of trinkets from his store and walk out and get away clean.

Some guy I’ve never met or seen before in my life saved me from a really bad time in a Tijuana jail.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here’s some more. I’m living in Hollywood. I’m waiting in the lounge at Westlake Studios, one of the biggest recording studios in Hollywood, waiting for my roommate who was an engineer there to get off of work. I’m just sitting on the couch, playing with my phone. And some guy walks by and angrily asks me “WHERE’S MY MF CAB?!?” I’m like, who the F are you? And I told him what to go do with himself. He gives me the dirtiest look and walks off back up the stairs.

A few minutes later my roommate comes in and is like man, you just told Bruno Mars to go F himself haha.

Another time I’m a runner on a Miley Cyrus session and Billy Ray Cyrus is there. Nicest guy ever. After her session is over he gave me like 3 giant deli meat platters and a huge cheese platter. Me and my roommate ate on that for a week.

Then there’s the time me and Rihanna hung out in the lounge watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force eating dinner and laughing. The time Queen Latifa barged into a session I was in drunk with a bottle of Patron hitting on my roommate..

But the oddest thing I ever witnessed working there was the time I walked in the door and right in front of me was Jamie Foxx and Michael Bolton in the most serious heated game of ping pong I’ve ever seen.
edit on 7-1-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I am not Batman.

Seriously.

I'm not.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don’t mean to hog up your thread, but I’ve also fallen off an entire mountain while snowboarding and somehow survived and I punched a shark while I was surfing off Del Mar in California one time.

Lol.

I never really think about how crazy this life has been until moments like now.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Some many years ago, 1990, I was searching for Indian artifacts when I came upon a spring and just after a rainstorm came upon a curve in this creek that was all black sand, brown sand towards the further end. The sage and chaparral smelled beautiful The water was pool-like and filled with gold glitter and gold nuggets the approximate size of rock salt, some larger, smooth and irregular. I stayed there for about an hour and was in awe of what I was seeing and the absolute beauty of it all. Untouched.

I did not try to gather any of this up, but instead left it as it was not mine. I was on an Indian Reservation and it was theirs. Something sacred to them. But I was allowed to see this great wonder. Just me and my Creator.
I drank from the pool and then was on my way.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I grew up in LA, what a sh*tbox. Funny stories.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

As crazy as it sounds, I love it. That’s my favorite place I’ve lived. Yeah it’s dirty and the whole city smells like a bar at 4 am, but there’s just something about it I can’t put my finger on. I lived in East Hollywood and Echo Park and I’d wake up early and ride a couple buses out to Venice Beach and spend the day skateboarding and hanging out on the boardwalk. Then get a pitcher of beer and sit there and drink and look at the ocean.

Some of the best times of my life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join