It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Is Not What It Seems!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: corkUSMC

I suspect that the Iranian government is not popular, but I also suspect that the US is not popular there, either.

The people want to see regime change but they don't want someone else to step in again and just replace one oppressor with another. Shah, Kohmeni, the US or whomever...

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
As long as they are aware what US help means

I doubt American citizens will understand, but this video is why America is hated the world over.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Here's the first of a 3-part YouTube series from a guy who traveled to Iran. It gives an interesting look at the country that you won't see in the MSM. Iran seems like a beautiful place where the government, not the people, are the problem.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
In so many dictatorships,when a government figure dies or is killed or when the regime is attacked,we always see "the masses"out on the streets beating their chests/crying/demanding the blood of the enemy.
Its a common perception that these people are forced or paid to do this-but that is not always the case.

For under the regimes who persecute their people through fear,torture and death,the masses will go out to protest on behalf of the regime as a form of self protection.
If they are seen to be out there protesting the evil (insert enemy of regime) they are seen to be a good citizen,and are less likley to be dissapeared in the night.

Pity the guy who stays at home to do the gardening while the rest of the town are out screaming for blood..

All competant dictators use this twisted form of "self policing" of their populace to reinforce control.
And it works.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

So what you are saying is Trump's reckless foreign policy decisions are strengthening the hard liners already in power?

Makes sense.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It's hard to believe anything these days without firsthand experience.

However, I'm leaning towards what you are saying as being the truth of the situation.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
40 people died in a stampede during the funeral.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Said as much to my GF this morning, that people are being forced to go out into the demo otherwise they could be shot or ignored in society!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Not at all my sister in law is half iranian what is difficult to understand... it was my brothers 30th saturday night her dad been iranian we had a discussion

Thanks for your response

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I believe you.

Any time people want to stick up for Iran, this video plays in my head.
Why?

Because every person in this video was rounded up and arrested for it.
FREE IRAN!

edit on 7-1-2020 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have personally known 2 Iranians in my life. Both of the told me that in general only the "religious nut jobs" supported the Iranian government and that they were capable of cruelty that was admirable in the sense of how they used it to keep power.

I no longer am in contact with either, but I am sure both would agree with the OP.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Iran ...Iraq .... very similar......

Many years ago I watched a documentary of a reporter who went undercover

in Iraq. Every night when he returned to his Hotel room he was aware of his

things having been searched. It was a long time ago and I only remember the

gist of the programme, but what I do remember very clearly is that on his

final night, You could hear the crowds chanting and cheering the regime in

his room, and he said to the camera that he would show the viewers the crowds

and when he showed the viewers the square was empty.........not one soul in

sight....... the noise was coming from loud speakers ..... for effect and to

promote the popularity of a regime that WASN'T popular!!

So yes I believe you conveying popularity and loyalty where it doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Your OP title is true, Iran is not what it seems, it is not like the MSM or politicians are portraying. Do you think these people really want western bombing campaigns? This video shows how kind and openly welcoming the general population is. You don't get that kind of generosity on this scale in our free western countries.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Exactly what my friends are telling me, they also mention them getting fed.

Here's Hitchens from several years ago - apparently the religious cultist's use for the younger generation was for clearing minefield.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

One guy does not speak for all people of his country.

Not here - - not there.

These "absolutes" make me nuts.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The Iranian people want war not because they have a problem with the U.S., but rather because they want regime-change and hate their government.

Then they need to do it themselves. Our people don't need to die for them.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
As long as they are aware what US help means

This guy sounds like he had no idea what war is like before he signed up. Everything he said to disparage the Marines has been standard practice in the best armies for thousands of years. Perhaps some day there won’t be any naughty people and anyone can go anywhere in peace without fear. But that’s not even close to happening in the foreseeable future. Certainly not with almost 2 billion Muslims and rising. China and Russia are threatening their neighbors, acting old-school imperialistic and you can bet they don’t indoctrinate their soldiers in peace, love and understanding. Vince Emanuele is incredibly naive and so is anyone who thinks the United States doesn’t need tough, well-trained men and women ready to kill their opponents. If we renounce our world cop role — which I favor — we can drastically cut defense spending. But understand that if we do that, we can’t help other nations or peoples if they’re invaded. That would leave the world wide open for China, Russia, jihadis and rogue nations to do as they please and cow their neighbors into submission. The only way to stop them without a powerful U.S. military would be for our allies to boost defense spending greatly and develop their own nukes. All of that’s fine with me. I don’t want our guys to die for any more ungrateful foreigners.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

edit on 7/1/20 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tropics
It's hard to believe anything these days without firsthand experience.

Ain't that the damn truth. You're just expected to believe someone because of their platform or their authority.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ive told this on here in the past.. Been to Iran, husbands been to several ME countries during and after the Gulf Wars beginning, husbands ex is iranian ( her dad was the Shahs cardiologist) , hve close relationship with her and her family, they ARE Muslim, and the majority of Iranians dont want a theocracy ran by the Mullahs because the Mullahs ARE running the country. Not that "president". We are a very pro-USA military family.. not former military yet still involved with the DoD. ETCETCETC..

Iranians by far will support a removal of this current regime in their country... by surgical strikes and etc, NOT by invasion a la Iraq-esque boondoggle mess from hell. Iran and Iranians ARE NOT Iraq. The people are much more educated and "modern" culturally. They can take their own country's affairs over and are capable of taking the reigns with assistance from us ( US and coalition) .

Neat part is Russia and China wouldnt have their proxy anymore if the regime was hard and swift removed ( with extreme prejudice) and we could leave Iraq and have a strategic base there rather than occupy it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join