It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media has become nothing more than a bad reality show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I certainly agree with your general premise, that the MSM, as a whole/hole, is a clown show.

Having said that, I don't see how you came to that conclusion watching those two specific hosts.

Tucker is usually rational, and although I disagree with his position here, he was really expressing his distaste for war monger neocons, both past and present, more so than the specific action by the president here. He is generally quite conservative, and supports DJT 90% of the time.

Hannity backs Trump, and conservatism to the point of being a suck up, with almost zero objectivity, and that's my take as a Trump supporter.

It wasn't the points that either of those hosts were stating that I found comical.... It was the media clips from other mainstream media that they were playing which showcases the hysteria and propaganda being fed to the clueless masses.....

I tend to like Tucker better than Sean Hannity but I don't accept what ANYONE says blindly. After all, Fox LEANS conservative but is still owned by Murdoch whose sons are very liberal.

I see, I misunderstood.

Yes, the takes they put up from "reporters" are hilariously stupid.

Even Fox is guilty of taking some quotes out of context at times, though. Not nearly as much as some other networks, but they do it.

If you like political satire, that's funny because it is true, check out the Greg Gutfeld show sometime. He has some regulars, and rotates a few comedians that cover the weeks leftist stupidity.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That he talks too much ?

Edit;

It must be me today .

That’s the second reply to get past me . Lol
edit on 4-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I just read your opening post. Funny, I was discussing this last night with someone.

We agreed Trump could walk on water and the press/Democrats/liberals would condemn him for polluting the water with his shoes.

Then we agreed Trump could eliminate poverty, make all US citizens middle class, and the press/Democrats/liberals/progressives would be furious and complain he had no right to put an end to the people in the US who do the work the rest of the citizens won't do. Like cheap household labor, yard guys, fast food workers etc. They'd be furious.

That is just the way the press/Democrats/liberals/progressives mindset operates these days.

Trump = evil, no matter what, no thinking allowed, no rationality allowed

Trump supporters = racists, sexists, homophobes, dangerous gun owners, people who cling to their Bibles, and are evil minions of Trump

That is exactly the current mindset of the majority of the press/CNN/MSNBC/ABC/CBS/NBC, NY Times, etc. as well as "journalists"/Democrats/liberals and progressives.

We all know it, and know that if a person wears anything that even hints they support Trump, or has a conversation in public about how they support Trump, they can expect a total stranger to come up and either verbally or physically assault them. Happens several times a month in the US. Then be told by liberals/progressives they deserved to be assaulted for "triggering" the stranger when the person was minding their own business.

That is the way it is in the US today - and it is common knowledge.

So no surprise when Trump eliminates a bad guy, really really bad guy, who openly plotted to destroy US citizens, the press/Democrats/liberals/progressives would go totally insane with anger. It is just the way it is. Just another day in the US and the way the US operates these days.

edit on 1/4/20 by The2Billies because: addition format

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth
a reply to: kwakakev

Which way did you turn it?

I agree, I did the same with facebook et al, and it was the best move ever. Now I watch tv on demand, mostly.. anything newswise, I ignore. I do my own research, and more often than not find the truth. Or at least, discover the lies.

Anyone who uses Facebook for news is a complete idiot.

I only use it to look at the grandkids pictures. I block nearly everyone, makes my life much more pleasant. Only go on to look at grandkids pics every other month or so and only once.

I loathe all the targeted ads, makes me feel dirty and violated.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Trumps failed to explain why to me we needed this conflict. I would like to hear it.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: TrustedTruth
a reply to: kwakakev

Which way did you turn it?

I agree, I did the same with facebook et al, and it was the best move ever. Now I watch tv on demand, mostly.. anything newswise, I ignore. I do my own research, and more often than not find the truth. Or at least, discover the lies.

I have to ask, where do you get your research, that you completely dismiss the possibility of bias? Unless you somehow have the ability to do first person interviews, you are likely just fooling yourself, because opposing views make you uncomfortable.

What ppl usually mean when they take that approach is that they "research" only sources that fit thier predetermined agenda, and prefer an echo chamber.

I'm not going to argue that 90% MSM isn't totally biased, it is. I just don't see how insulating oneself is productive for someone who is not weak minded.

The phrases "know your enemy" and "keep your enemies closer" come to mind.

Just because one doesnt surf the "trusted" news sites, doesnt mean one cant source arguments from both sides elsewhere. True most wont bother, as you said, but it is possible none the less.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join