It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Novel Dementia Vaccine On Track For Human Trials Within Two Years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Maybe he was indeed poorly informed, after all, im not the doctor, that's what he is supposed to be. LoL

Anyhoo if Gabapentin is a poor example i apologize.

Does not change the fact that should vaccines like this work and not present any serious side effects, we can work out how and why later, and possibly save lives in the process.

Ile run that one by him next time i encounter the fellow, all the same, and see what he has to say for himself.

Edit: Should probably add, im prescribed them as a pain medication for nerve damage on my face, apparently Trigeminal Neuralgia, they work champion, and about they only medication ive come across that does.
edit on 3-1-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ha! Just got back from a session. The surgeon has released me to therapists' discretion.

I actually got to move it actively for the first time in therapy today! We went through some of the exercises I was doing before the surgery, and while I wasn't a world beater, I was still better off than I was before. Things would cause the front of my shoulder across my chest to go into instant spasm before, but those same things now are tight and stiff, but I can manage a stretch, not a spasm.

So it's progress.

Like anything, I expect I'll be paying for the progress tomorrow, but for today, I will feel good about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hell yea girl, GET SOME! lol.

Make a big ol pot of bone broth. I got some stitches off today and doc was surprised how fast it's healing. I don't proclaim it to be end all be all cure all... But drinking some collagen can't hurt.

Crazy though how much medicine has changed just in my short lifetime... It's threads like this that make me optimistic.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Dementia is the result of a life of lazy thinking, you can't cure stupid.

You can cure ignorance, but it's obvious you have not.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

We have a big pot of broth we made out of our turkey carcass. Not sure it's strictly bone broth, but it sets into a nice jelly when cool.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Maybe he was indeed poorly informed, after all, im not the doctor, that's what he is supposed to be. LoL

Anyhoo if Gabapentin is a poor example i apologize.

Does not change the fact that should vaccines like this work and not present any serious side effects, we can work out how and why later, and possibly save lives in the process.

Ile run that one by him next time i encounter the fellow, all the same, and see what he has to say for himself.

Edit: Should probably add, im prescribed them as a pain medication for nerve damage on my face, apparently Trigeminal Neuralgia, they work champion, and about they only medication ive come across that does.

Neurontin does work for what he prescribed it for. I know a few people who use it and have good results with nerve pain like you are having. It masks the cause in other cases, especially when it is used to control pain in areas of the abdomen which could be kidney, liver, or pancrease. But be aware that it can mask other pain in the body that is actually a symptom of something wrong. Pay attention when you are on something like that and let your doctor know if something doesn't feel quite right.

I am not against doctors, I do not believe that most of them are trying to hurt us or anything, they do good at treating symptoms, but remember they only treat symptoms, and lots of diseases share common symptoms. I have not studied that disease yet. Being that the pain is just in the face, he probably has diagnosed it properly. A B12 deficiency or a lack of one of the three enzymes needed for conversion to the active form, can lead to pain, but that pain would be in multiple places. Basically sore in unrealated places. B12 in the right form is a neuromodulator also, it works with folate, but the folate needs to be in a usable form for your metabolism also.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Think the diagnoses is simple enough, had my right cheekbone fractured and face split open with an axe way back when i was a lad of 16, with a little nerve damage, which was never really noticeable just numb, nor was there any onset of Trigeminal Neuralgia, until i hit my 40s.

Sometimes the damage gets lost in the post for a while i suppose. LoL

As to the Neurontin/Gabapentin prescription, i only use it when i have to which is when the pain becomes unbearable.

Tried lots of other painkillers and they don't even put a scratch on the surface. Imagine someone placing a red-hot piece of chicken wire on your cheek and then shaking it about, even the slightest breeze or someone opening a door can bring on boughs of agony when it really flairs up, winters a bastard.

Gabapentin works, which when i queried the GP as to why/how he, informed me nobody really knows in the entirety as to the full extent of how the medication blocks the transmission of the neurological nerve pain.

They're not nice pills all the same, i ken that well enough, and if i was to take them as prescribed, could be quite habit-forming, because you build up a tolerance, luckily I'm not always in pain nor that way inclined.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Here is an article in Nature that shows that taurine in water can decrease dementia in mice. I read one before done on people that showed it slowed the progression of alzheimer disease in those who have the disease.

www.nature.com...

I usually scan the parameters of the research then go to the discussions or conclusions at the bottom of the research, then if it goes against something else I read I actually check out the research procedures better. Ten bucks gets a person a hundred tablets of Taurine, it also helps with lowering triglicerides and ldl cholesterol in many people.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Cheers for the info.

I've heard fish oil can work with some dementia patients, did not help my granny all the same, who suffered from the condition for near enough 10 years, before the medications she was being prescribed(Valium) contributed to and pretty much destroyed her heart and her body just shut down.

Hell of a way to go, not that there is a good way all the same.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
"originally posted by: Ohanka
Personally i’d take the big scary needle over this malnutrition for mental health scheme you’ve got here."

Rotflmao!

Whatever dude, ignorance is bliss...

Correction...

In this case, ignorance is self-imposed-misery-without-knowing.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

Well if your correct mate, scream it from the rooftops would be my thinking on the matter, because people need to know such things.

Been there, done that, it doesn't work. All you can do is gently try to lead the horse to the water...

Somehow i imagine its rather a more complicated affair to contend with all the same,

There is no one true cause, just as there is no one true cure. All diets work. All diets fail.

The devil is in the details.

hence our medical establishments lack of headway, ambivalent or otherwise where the disease is concerned.

The palliative care aspect needs to be considered, more monies in that than actual cures i suppose.

I was going to respond to that first part quoted, but you then answered it yourself.

The medical/pharmaceutical/industrial complex is not really interested in cures, believe it or not.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Yeah, I probably do know more than most GPs on this subject,

It is actually pretty easy for a layman to know a lot more than a GP on certain subjects - nutrition being one - because they don't get any training on them.

Most GPs still believe that calorie restrictive diets work and are the only way to lose weight, when that has been debunked time and again over the last 50 years.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am not against doctors, I do not believe that most of them are trying to hurt us or anything, they do good at treating symptoms, but remember they only treat symptoms, and lots of diseases share common symptoms.

^^^^ This times ten.

There is no place I'd rather be than a modern trauma center if I;m hurt in an accident.

But when it comes to health and/or degenerative diseases, the only thing I would use them for is diagnosis. I'd self-treat, once I knew what the specific problem was.

I have not studied that disease yet. Being that the pain is just in the face, he probably has diagnosed it properly. A B12 deficiency or a lack of one of the three enzymes needed for conversion to the active form, can lead to pain, but that pain would be in multiple places. Basically sore in unrealated places. B12 in the right form is a neuromodulator also, it works with folate, but the folate needs to be in a usable form for your metabolism also.

I stopped trying to treat with individual vitamins a long time ago, except for certain things (like mega-dose IV Vit C for pretty much anything serious, etc)...

It is best to get vitamins from food - if any of the Bs are in question, high quality nutritional yeast is the best source. For minerals, I take the liquid Fulvic/Himic blend from Vital Earth...

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I've heard fish oil can work with some dementia patients, did not help my granny all the same, who suffered from the condition for near enough 10 years, before the medications she was being prescribed(Valium) contributed to and pretty much destroyed her heart and her body just shut down.

Truly sorry to hear that, but that is the problem with 'modern medicine' when it comes to nutritional/degenerative diseases. They try to treat them the same way they treat a fractured pelvis from a car accident, and it will never work.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Any thoughts on medical MJ/CBD. For pain and other conditions?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Can't go wrong with weed for pain relief nevermind recreational pleasure.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

Can't go wrong with weed for pain relief nevermind recreational pleasure.

I have been micro dosing for a short time [2 mo.] and my back pain, arthritis, is almost gone and my skin has cleared up. Now if my hair would grow back, that would be nice.

There is such a nice selection of edibles, tinctures, salves, lotions, plus the nugs at the dispensary... The gummy dosage seems perfect. The lemon/lime seems to give the fastest, and most comprehensive relief.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Cheers for the info.

Hell of a way to go, not that there is a good way all the same.

Yes, fish oil can help people with dementia, I have read research that proves that it does help. Also, damage to the brain cam come from something very simple. All people with Alzheimers have something in common when their brains are attopsied after, the level of sodium is low in their brain, sodium moderates calcium and calcium channels. I think that the link to gabapentin I linked also mentioned that one of it's methods of action was to inhibit calcium channels. Too much calcium means more energy can enter brain cells, which means that the Calcium/glutamate pumps on the receptors allow more energy into the cells which can make the cells actually overactive and die. The levels of socium in blood of those alzheimer patients I mentioned, was in the low normal range in the patients, most were on a salt restricted diet. The one article I read on that stated that maybe salt should not be too tightly restricted in people with a family history of Alzheimers. Now they cautioned in that article that the level only has to be in the upper half of the normal range and that diuretics or kidney issues may also be causing the problem with low sodium in some people. It is a correlation issue, the salt being low may also mean the kidneys are allowing sodium and other important minerals and amino acids or vitamins to be excreted to low. The article was a scientific research article, a good article gives a lot of variables that may apply, but sometimes the summary or people reading the research make wrong interpretations of the evidence, I see that all the time in my research. Over half of the interpretations of research papers are misapplied just like fake news.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

We put salt on everything in our family I'm afraid, nobody is fat, and most of us make it in to there late 80/90s.

My Mrs family, on the other hand, are pretty much all fat bastards, lucky to make 65, and they don't touch the stuff.

End of the day genetics play a significant factor, or so it seems to me any road.

Some people are just built better than others or at least are not predisposed to certain conditions that others are.

I think back to school and there were 2 fat kids in a primary class of 40, nowadays it's about a halfway split.

And thats simply down to a change in lifestyle never mind genetics.

edit on 4-1-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

You have to recognize the weight of epidemiological evidence which indicates that there is no statistically significant link between the MMR vaccine and Autism.

And even if there is a small chance that there is a link, is that not better than your child developing the likes of Polio, TB or some other life-changing illness like Mumps that can leave them sterile?

Nothing is certain in this world or 100% safe, but that does not mean that we should not use science and technologies to hedge one's bet.

edit on 4-1-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join