It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump kills top Iranian commander

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Sooooo, Trump kills top Iranian commander in Iraq. The embassy in Iraq was in peril. Guns, fire etc. What is an Iranian commander doing in Iraq at a time like that?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Dying apparently.

He probably was not there for the scenery, put it that way.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
I have heard all the news people, the mocking birds and current and former government officials go on and on at how the killing of the Iranian General had no congressional authorization among other arguments. They seem so anti-American. They will look back and regret their stance in my opinion.
I want to focus on the "congressional approval" argument being made this morning. Instead of going on I would like to reference an article that sums up the political process we have lived in before President Trump and today with President Trump.

www.vox.com...
Presidents George W. Bush and Obama both dramatically expanded the power and authority of the executive branch, particularly in the realm of national security. In addition to having nearly unlimited power to start wars without Congress’s approval, presidents now have the power to order drone strikes on US citizens abroad without charges or trial, gather millions of Americans’ emails and phone records with minimal judicial oversight, and radically redefine what does and does not constitute “torture” without fear of ever being prosecuted for war crimes.

The never trumpers and media are shamelessly ignoring what has already been set up by precedence and decree.
There is clearly no need for congressional approval, how are they even making this argument?
Can you imagine if President Trump droned a US citizen like Obama did, without congressional approval I might add?
Even if you were to interpret the wording the intent is unmistakable, the President has the authority to strike a target,in this case the Iranian General in Iraq, specifically because of former President's Busch and Obama expansion of power allocated to the executive branch. As far as Iran goes, President Trump has restrained himself with the shooting down of our drone and blowing up the Saudi oil facilities. Iran was given a chance to get things right, they made the wrong choice. This was inevitable,

Thus, the lesson here should be that just because you like the current administration doesn't mean you should support everything they do. You might be fine with it when Trump does it but will you still be fine with it in 15 years when it's common practice?

This (IMO) is how they push agendas. The guy who is to blame for this or that has been out of office for years but the precedent still stands. Who do you blame? Doesn't do much good to blame Bush or Clinton or Reagan or Obama now, does it?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I would say that about the impeachment farce but taking out the top Iranian general in Iraq during a siege on our embassy should be supported by all and what we should expect from our Commander in Chief.
The point is that there is no congressional approval necessary nor should there be in this instance.

originally posted by:BrianFlanders
Thus, the lesson here should be that just because you like the current administration doesn't mean you should support everything they do. You might be fine with it when Trump does it but will you still be fine with it in 15 years when it's common practice?

This (IMO) is how they push agendas. The guy who is to blame for this or that has been out of office for years but the precedent still stands. Who do you blame? Doesn't do much good to blame Bush or Clinton or Reagan or Obama now, does it?
edit on 3-1-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 3-1-2020 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The general was a terrorist supplyer and supported terrorist groups.

Something you will never hear about is NSA and military signal intelligence on this general and his command and control.

The US has known from signal intelligence what he has been doing for years and likely the general went too far and painted a target on his own back.
edit on 3-1-2020 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Well if signal intelligence is rather quiet on the matter how do you know?

The general was indeed a terrorist supplier and supporter but so are both our respective nations via proxy.

Don't you imagine the Saudis have painted rather a large target on their backs?

And yet we still supply those types with weapons systems, ammunition, and other support.

Hypocrisy and then some really.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
I hate to say it but good riddance.

Also, you only had to take one look at that guys face to get an idea of the kind of person he was. That was one evil looking MF'er.

Most of the Iranian people agree. Many are saying that they're delighted that he's gone.
He WAS an evil bugger according to them.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I love President Trump so much and respect and welcome Trump's stands against Iran. I think every supreme leader of every nation has the right to ensure the security of his/her country people and nation outside or inside both.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RabidOne

originally posted by: RMFX1
I hate to say it but good riddance.

Also, you only had to take one look at that guys face to get an idea of the kind of person he was. That was one evil looking MF'er.

Most of the Iranian people agree. Many are saying that they're delighted that he's gone.
He WAS an evil bugger according to them.

Absolutely, yes, but the media won't show this on TV or the news. They are busy to take the profits of it's. Not only in Iran also people of the rest world are happy to listen to this great news.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: josaflenya

You love him?

Trump's your POTUS not a supreme leader, or anything else for that matter.

Respect, fair enough, but love?

I dont even think Melania does that.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Have you any doubt?

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I wonder if Soleimani may have been killed because he was behind the earthquake attack on the MEK compound in Albania on 26 November 2019.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: KeithUK
I wonder if Soleimani may have been killed because he was behind the earthquake attack on the MEK compound in Albania on 26 November 2019.

Hi Keith having never heard of this what is the MEK compound?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join