It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double Talk in DC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
According to this article , people on Twitter are quickly pointing out how Trump, in 2011, 2012 and 2013 had repeatedly claimed that President Obama was about to enter a conflict with Iran in a bid to win reelection.

In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 29, 2011

Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 9, 2012

Polls are starting to look really bad for Obama. Looks like he'll have to start a war or major conflict to win. Don't put it past him!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 17, 2012

Don't let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected--be careful Republicans!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 22, 2012

Trump continued with the claim during Obama’s second term in office:

I predict that President Obama will at some point attack Iran in order to save face!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 16, 2013

Hmm... What's not good for the goose (Obama) is good for the gander (Trump)?

Funny timing, this recent attack on Iran. Really makes you wonder, given his previous comments about starting a war to win reelection, if that's not what's going on right now.

And does anyone know, just one person, what his long term foreign policy is pertaining to Iran? Foreign policy on anything? From what I've seen over the last three years, his lack of understanding foreign policy, and the potential consequences thereof, is just crazy and SO dangerous. And we are trusting this man to make unilateral military decisions without the consent of Congress?

There's no question that Gen. Qassem Soleimani had American blood on his hands, but such a blatant disregard of proper protocol, which provides for checks and balances, is unacceptable in this situation. I'm so tired of the tit for tat that's been going on in D.C.

What say you, ATS?

edit on 1/3/2020 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: timidgal

Just curious, what war did Trump start?

I know he killed a terrorist yesterday.

Blew him alllll up and stuff.

That was in Iraq.

Did he bomb another country?

I was out for a minute, might have missed it.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

What say you, ATS?

I know what ATS as a whole is going to say. Rah-Rah strong man Trump war is good, aren’t you glad we have a strong leader BS.

I’m more of the mind that this is just regular Trump projection. He accused Obama of everything that he did because that’s what he would have done in the same situation. It seems to be the Republican Party line to assume everyone is as crooked as they are.

Believing that lets them rationalize all kinds of bad behavior.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I say give President Trump a chance. Thus far I have not been disappointed. I don’t think starting a war will be necessary for him to get re elected.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We get these threads every time President Trump makes the world a safer place.

Tip: Many more (threads) to come, hopefully.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yeah

“What can I do that will help get me re-elected”

Isn’t something that President Trump would need to be thinking about

He’s getting re-elected. That’s a given.

As for ‘copying obama’? Yeah I don’t think the President let another Benghazi situation happen last week. And I don’t think he’s going to airdrop billions of dollars in cash to the Iranians. But I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

There's no question that Gen. Qassem Soleimani had American blood on his hands, but such a blatant disregard of proper protocol, which provides for checks and balances, is unacceptable in this situation. I'm so tired of the tit for tat that's been going on in D.C.

The first part of that sentence says everything that needs to be said.

Pray tell, what protocol and checks and balances were needed to take out probably the number one formentor of trouble in the middle east who killed and maimed numerous US and Coalition Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan with those made in Iran IEDs?

Are you saying the Democratic leadership would have opposed this operation? Can't wait till they actually say that and seal their political fates.
edit on 3-1-2020 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

What say you, ATS?

I know what ATS as a whole is going to say. Rah-Rah strong man Trump war is good, aren’t you glad we have a strong leader BS.

I’m more of the mind that this is just regular Trump projection. He accused Obama of everything that he did because that’s what he would have done in the same situation. It seems to be the Republican Party line to assume everyone is as crooked as they are.

You've got some serious issues to work out.

As for the OP, Trump stuck his foot in his mouth. It wasn't the first or likely the last time he'll do it, either. I'm sure he didn't expect to be the future POTUS and this bit him in the ass. Pretty straight forward.

link   

op didn't mention any wars...

he's just showing how when the shoes are turned, every politician follow the same handbook; 'how to convince followers you're never wrong'.

some say it's hypocrisy, but it's not, it's just a formality.

Obama's followers asked the same abstract and irreverent ad hom questions to win arguments too.

edit on 3-1-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

link   
I think iran just learned to keep its hands to themselves if they don't want to loose another limb...

Good job Mr. President!

MAGA 2020

+1 more 
link   

In my book, dropping a bomb on terrorists beats the hell out of shipping them pallets of cash.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I say give President Trump a chance.

Almost 4 years into a Presidential term and we’re still on the “give President Trump a chance” thing.

Nice.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Pretty much everything this man does or says is some sort of projection of himself and/or his own shortcomings.

There is a very good reason why former administrations did not take out Soleimani: they realized that consequences for doing so would be far greater than not. We shall see if that is true, but it looks like a big mistake, with no real long term plan. Seems that Putin knew about it, but he bnever even told Congress, the gang of 8, or most of our allies. Figures.

That aside, it's also a convenient, yet dangerous, distraction from impeachment, which is one of Trump's signature plays: a constant, new shiny object to distract from the current focus of attention or scandal. It's what he always does, and always has. Frighteningly, it's getting much more serious and dangerous.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Or inviting and welcoming them with open arms as they cross your border.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Meanwhile...

Psychopathic, Undiagnosed Rose McGowan - Who dated Marilyn Manson back in the days, is furthering the agenda to push the Libs/Dems more apart from the USA.

Rose Mcgowan Tweets Defending Iran

Even as a Canadian. Disgusting.
edit on 3-1-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

To be honest at this point I think we didn't know that soleimani was in that car.

We were trying to kill the leader of the group that started the embassy stuff.

Until I see a declassified document showing that trump signed of on this before it happened that is what I am going to believe.

Only choice trump has now is to say they meant to do it and deal with the back lash.
Will this start a war with iran? I think that will depend on what iran's next move is.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

What gives the potus the power to kill a terrorist without congress approval?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

You mean McGowan, the Registered Republican?

Ok, so I freaked out because we may have any impending war. Sometimes it’s okay to freak out on those in power. It’s our right. That is what so many Brave soldiers have fought for. That is democracy. I do not want any more American soldiers killed. That’s it.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

originally posted by: underwerks

What say you, ATS?

You've got some serious issues to work out.

As for the OP, Trump stuck his foot in his mouth. It wasn't the first or likely the last time he'll do it, either. I'm sure he didn't expect to be the future POTUS and this bit him in the ass. Pretty straight forward.

While I agree I have some serious issues to work out, they have nothing to do with politics and the Donald Trump reality show.

As usual, if you want to know what Republicans are up to, watch what they accuse the left of. If this only happened once or twice with Donald Trump, you may have a point. But there’s an entire forum called Trump criticizes Trump, and we’re in the thousands right now.

Link

This is literally nothing but the same projection he’s been doing this entire time.
edit on 3-1-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

She doesn't even make sense. I think her whole "Registered as a republican" is a farce.

I’m a registered Republican in California. I loathe the Clintons. I hate Trump. I will not vote Republican, but I cannot vote Democrat. I’d rather know what evil I’m getting, so I’ll go Republican. This is about WWIII, so none of that # matters anyway. #TeamStayAlive #RoseArmy

Adding more to this..

Rose McGowan says that actually, she isn’t a Republican, even though she just said she was.
Immediately after coming out as a Republican, McGowan performed a swift volte-face.

“I will never vote Republican,” she tweeted, apparently forgetting what she had written just minutes before.

“I want the Democrats to win because we are less likely to die. I am a conscientious objector to the USA, its policies, lies, corruption, nationalism, racism, and deep misogyny. It is our right and duty as citizens to dissent.”

edit on 3-1-2020 by IrateCanadian because: Added more

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join