It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all going to die !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Scientist regularly say we’re all going to die.

Let me rephrase that crackpots say we’re all going to die .

Let’s start off with the intellectual and well respected Dr. Paul Ehrlich. (sarcasm)

His book the population bomb created a worldwide panic starting in 1968. Humanity was at a pivotal point in history according to him. The battle to feed the world was over. By 1975 there would be widespread famine. The result of war would be nuclear and annihilation . Possibly causing the end of the human race.

It was well received by many world governments. Which spawned human rights violations and resulted in large reductions in birth rates for underdeveloped countries. One of the culprits was pollution from “fossil fuels” of course.

He received a lot of pushback . (from the left by the way)But that didn’t help. Because the media had latched on and echoed the “dangers” we faced. “ if it bleeds it leads”. Dr. Eldridge in a recent vice interview apparently moved the goal post because he still stands behind his claim. We need to act now before it’s too late was his message. (does this last paragraph sound familiar?)

The population bomb was a dud. But he did sell 2 million books.

Most of that was from memory but I did grab some tidbits here.

We are all going to die !!!

The coming Ice Age was started by a fella named Stephen Schneider of the NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center. In 1961 he predicted that global temperatures will decrease by 6°. In as early as 5 years.

The premise of this theory was that particulates caused from burning fossil fuels could lead to a temperature drop of 6° and trigger a new Ice Age.

Coastal cities would be left high and dry. New glaciers would form that will cover countries. It would diss disrupt agriculture and kill millions of people from famine. The solution was to quit burning fossil fuels and move to alternative fuel sources.

Many moved that goal post into the early 90s.

I don’t think those guy made any money off it . So I guess there’s that.

Enter the 90s and the latest panic that took hold of the population. I’m not going to elaborate too much because we all know what I’m getting at. Lol

Global warming,

The glaciers are going to melt coastal cities are going to flood. Weather disruption will create famine and kill millions. Fossil fuels are to blame. We need to change our habits now or it’s to late.....Yada yada yada.

It’s not just books this time. A lot of people are making a lot of money off of it.

Does anybody else notice a reoccurring theme?

Paranoid scientist pfffft.

I was a screaming liberal back then and I fell for the crackpot predictions twice.

It ain’t going to happen again.

Here’s what put me on this rant.

We are all going to die!!!

edit on 3-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yep...first it was "cooling"..that didn't happen, so then it was "warming"....that didn't happen, so now it's just "change"...way to cover all the bases...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Because a statement like, things are pretty much normal and we'll probably all be ok don't sell copy and advertising.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
But... in fact it is true.

We are ALL going to die. Like it or not, rail against it as hard as you might, that inevitable time comes for us all.

Climate change or not. You may die tonight of a stroke, or in ten yeahrs of a heart attack, or in 30 years by being hit by a bus.

Or in a hospital bed, dying of nothing but old age.

We all die. in just over 100 years, not a single one of us alive today will be alive. every single person on the planet will be dead.

I know the rant is about a certain topic, but I just had to reiterate that one simple fact. Everything we do is futile. It counts for nothing more than a memory to someone, who also will die, and then all that will be left is memorabilia, if you're lucky enough to have family who retain it... otherwise, just as a person 1000 years ago died, we all die.

And to think, the only difference between 1000 years ago and today, is each single night of sleep between then and now.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Because a statement like, things are pretty much normal and we'll probably all be ok don't sell copy and advertising.

And books that say "Hey guess what, the world is changing, we we're all going to really be in big trouble, but it's got nothing to do with us, so keep burning things!" don't sell well either.

A house is on fire... you think "Huh... I don't care, I'll throw my ciggy butt on it anyway.." or do you think "Well the house is on fire, I hope I can at least save the baby."

Nah, we're all fine, we'll roast in summer, freeze in winter, and the last ice age will dissipate into a new barren desert world, but as long as we got air con...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Global warming is actually a thing though. Do you guys at least acknowledge that it's happening, albiet slowly?

Even if you think it's really slow, it's still a scientific fact that it's been happening each year in the past century or however many decades, right?

The glaciers aren't going to melt causing tsunamis and raise the water levels, killing millions but..

Oh yeah, water levels. Those have been slowly rising too, right? Does that make the argument between people who think it's caused by humans and people who think it's natural? I'm not into it much.

There was a thread recently about the northern magnetic pole moving towards Russia at an increasing yearly amount every year. Does that have any correlation with rising temperatures "global warming" or whatever. Could the pole moving be the reason for global warming or vice versa?
edit on 3-1-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrustedTruth

Just never give

It’s a pain censoring memes before you post . 😇

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
Global warming is actually a thing though. Do you guys at least acknowledge that it's happening, albiet slowly?

Even if you think it's really slow, it's still a scientific fact that it's been happening each year in the past century or however many decades, right?

The glaciers aren't going to melt causing tsunamis and raise the water levels, killing millions but..

Oh yeah, water levels. Those have been slowly rising too, right? Does that make the argument between people who think it's caused by humans and people who think it's natural? I'm not into it much.

There was a thread recently about the northern magnetic pole moving towards Russia at an increasing yearly amount every year. Does that have any correlation with rising temperatures "global warming" or whatever. Could the pole moving be the reason for global warming or vice versa?

I don't think many people deny that it has been changing. For the last thousand years it's gone up and down like a yo-yo. We had the medieval warm period...much warmer than now, then the little ice-age, then warmed until the late 30's....then cooled until the 70's (hence the global cooling scare) ..then warmed until the late 90's (global warming) and since then it's been basically static (the plateau). The problem is when it gets blamed on CO2 levels.....there's no correlation at all.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: TrustedTruth

Just never give

It’s a pain censoring memes before you post . 😇

I don't give up. I know the outcome with out own existence.

I try to see every obstacle as an opportunity to find new ways to achieve my values in life. Never goals. Goals are met, and then what, make new ones.. a value never has an end. It is how you live.

I just am pessimistic at times, and throw out some random existential crisis memories. But.. we're all still going to die!!!

ETA: You edit your memes?? Oh no.. I will remember I need to do that.. lol
Not that anything I do contains profanity, but some innuendo can be a bit .. out there..

edit on 3-1-2020 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

not to mention that by the last big EQ in japan earth position moved an few degrees…! an extra calibration of gps was needed..
ofcourse it had effect on climate also….

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FallingdownHow about history,we were lied to about everything,including around 300 yrs the earth is destroyed,your so called scientist know crap,they read from a script,we will continue to have damage from stellar cores that have already started fires in Calif and Australia,this happened at the last human reset 1812

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Science is organized wisdom and agreement . Until it’s not .

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Are you guys going anti-science? Again?

Stop using science-based things then. But that would be a consequent move, and you are not that kind of a person.

I will never understand people who deny or cannot understand science. You do not make sense.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Scientist regularly say we’re all going to die.

Let me rephrase that crackpots say we’re all going to die .

ROFTL! "We're all going to die"? Did anyone think we wouldn't? Or I guess perhaps they mean, "We're all going to die in a relatively short timespan together!" Still....duh. Death is still death, and it comes for all of us. But yeah, they love to push hysteria.

You can blame my attitude on being a daughter of SAC, Strategic Air Command.
edit on 3-1-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Stop using science-based things then. But that would be a consequent move, and you are not that kind of a person.

I will never understand people who deny or cannot understand science. You do not make sense.

As if it were a monolithic endeavor without disssenting scientists in absolutely every arena.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

We are all going to die from your all the whining coming from Republicans nowadays.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

many of us love science
we just don't trust some of the scientists
especially when they let politics dictate
no shortage of Anthropologists in Germany in the 1930s that could conclusively prove that Jews were inferior beings (Science!) (not the best example but I think you catch the drift)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

all the whining coming from Republicans nowadays.

Lol

I’ve been using this for at least a decade .....

“ whatever the Democrats accuse you of, they’ve already done “

Here’s another

“ They wouldn’t know this. They live in a irony free world “ lol

Tucker Carlson
edit on 3-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This may help a bit:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown
What caused the rise in sea level that flooded cities off the coast of India and Cuba to name a couple it sure wasn't fossil fuels.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join