It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imposter. But i already knew that. will they now open there eyes.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA
a reply to: CthruU

He freed himself from the clingy grasp of a woman who grabbed his hand without permission and pulled him off balance. That is not "slapping a woman." It's personal boundaries.

Rubbish, he was aggressive, impatient and violent.

A true christian of such apparent influence would have remained still and waited for the bodyguard to intervene, he was not pulled of balance as claimed either, just pulled forward a bit.

This is not the example the number 1 christian representative of god should be setting.

He's a disgrace to himself, to god, to humanity and for recent relevance to the times a disgrace to the womens movement.

A real piece of work.

As any real christian already knew.
edit on 2-1-2020 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
a reply to: stosh64

He slapped and verbally had a go at a women who showed up to see his apparent holyness.

His holyness has more holes than swiss cheese.

I thought it would have been pritty much common knowledge by now.

Think you may be expecting and condemning this man a little harshly because of his office
He did something stupid, he is nobody special
If he apologised and means it, stops being a rude arrogant man then good.

He made a mistake, don’t we all.

Think you are over reacting, you need to calm down

I don’t like the Catholic Church much but I don’t see a big issue

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Well with justifications like some im reading so far, it's really no wonder the state of Christianity today.

No wonder " few will be able".

Blind as bats and the very definition of ignorant. Honestly what hope is there.

1 Timothy 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

That verse is best for those called to lead.

Psalm 118:8
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

This verse is best suited for the majority of us.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

2 : if infact he was chosen by god then fails in his duties - then what does that mean for humanity?

"in fact"

And that's an IF...we are still waiting on the ruling on that one. God is on vacation. Meanwhile, we can pretend that some robed ass-'oles chose him.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

he was aggressive, impatient and violent.

No, he was assaulted, alarmed, and defensive. Like any healthy living creature would be.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: oloufo

Are you starting to realize why we call some of you "Loony Left" ?
You drag your hatred of Trump into every conversation, no matter the topic. We could have been talking about food and you'd find some way to mention Trump.

On Topic : I see nothing wrong with what he did. He was trying to free himself from an aggressive person who refused to let go.

that would be great, by the way, if we all just concentrated on the respective topic, then the internet would be a much more peaceful place. incidentally, i am a centre-left voter and i have never committed a crime in my life, i have never done violence or robbed anyone and i have been working since i was 18. and i don't hate trump, i just see him as a threat, but that's another story.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

he really beat her up! but while we're at it, there's another one sent by god who at the same time knows no god but himself. who strives for money and power. who knows the bible really well. who would never cheat on his wife. who has never stolen money in his life. who has never lied. who has never desired other men's wives. an example for all of us. maybe trump should become pope?

Calm down you are over reacting lady
This has nothing to do with Trump, Trump is president of the US, holds no Christian office as I know
He is a greedy man, powerful arrogant, and a womaniser but are those things wrong
Do you hold Christian values?
You judging Trump on your christian values, hypocrite

What this has to do with Trump? You have a psychological issue lady, seek help, really, you will kill yourself carrying on like an old cat lady, you need to calm down, stop overreacting, it’s not healthy

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

This so called representative of god on earth, the pope has revealed how he is tortured by inner demons just like anyone else walking this rock,

The pope isn’t infallible. Never has been. So you’re congratulating yourself that a man who isn’t free of sin committed a sin?

Seems kinda ill-informed and a little sad on your part.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

he really beat her up! but while we're at it, there's another one sent by god who at the same time knows no god but himself. who strives for money and power. who knows the bible really well. who would never cheat on his wife. who has never stolen money in his life. who has never lied. who has never desired other men's wives. an example for all of us. maybe trump should become pope?

Calm down you are over reacting lady
This has nothing to do with Trump, Trump is president of the US, holds no Christian office as I know
He is a greedy man, powerful arrogant, and a womaniser but are those things wrong
Do you hold Christian values?
You judging Trump on your christian values, hypocrite

What this has to do with Trump? You have a psychological issue lady, seek help, really, you will kill yourself carrying on like an old cat lady, you need to calm down, stop overreacting, it’s not healthy

Maybe he was a ladies' man 80 years ago.
I try to be a decent person, religion is not my thing, even if I like old churches.
I'm pretty relaxed, but I just like writing.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

a reply to: stosh64

He slapped and verbally had a go at a women who showed up to see his apparent holyness.

His holyness has more holes than swiss cheese.

I thought it would have been pritty much common knowledge by now.

Think you may be expecting and condemning this man a little harshly because of his office
He did something stupid, he is nobody special
If he apologised and means it, stops being a rude arrogant man then good.

He made a mistake, don’t we all.

Think you are over reacting, you need to calm down

I don’t like the Catholic Church much but I don’t see a big issue

You don't like it much so you have other issues no doubt like pedophilia hidden, rapist priests - need i go on.

Yet you don't see the issue.

The very last thing the pope should be doing is showing and displaying aggression to anyone at all let alone women.

I'm not "overreacting" in the slightest and anyone with the stomach to be honest with themselves should be able to see this for what it is.

God said I'd be unable to get through the red tape. As always - correct.

Fair enough.
edit on 2-1-2020 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

If you think he did nothing wrong you clearly don't understand his supposed position.

And

If he did nothing wrong why then did he apologize????????

"He showed patience andrestraint" you reckon - give me a break blind freddy.

I may not be catholic, but I was raised catholic and grew up around some very devout believers, so I definitely understand his position and I feel he did nothing wrong. Hell, it's because of growing up catholic that that I honestly don't blame him for doing what he did. Some of those believers are scary with how far they'd go to be "close with god".

Personally, I believe the only reason he apologized isn't because he felt he was wrong, but you almost are forced to nowadays over any tiny infraction thanks to social media. Everything is blown out of proportion. When I was first reading op's post, my first thought was that he must have slapped some woman across the face. After seeing the video, I honestly don't see why anyone is mad at him. To be honest, if people should be mad at anyone, it's that lady for having done what she did. She, as a woman, should most definitely know better.

Sure, as the pope he was allowing people into his personal space, but she grabbed him and forced herself even more into his personal space. What would happen if he were actually Taylor Swift and some guy yanked her into his personal space?? I'm sure heads would roll. So he's the bad guy because he's the pope?? A man?? Both?? What if he was knocked off his balance and fell over?? You know all the cultists(c'mon, hardcore devout catholics are pretty cult-like) would swarm down around him all so they could touch him. His staff would have to swarm in and pull him out of there, and who knows what sort of interaction that could be if many more people wouldn't let him go.

Long story short, I support what he did and honestly can't fathom why anyone else wouldn't, but then again, we live in a very strange world nowadays.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

This so called representative of god on earth, the pope has revealed how he is tortured by inner demons just like anyone else walking this rock,

The pope isn’t infallible. Never has been. So you’re congratulating yourself that a man who isn’t free of sin committed a sin?

Missing the big picture much?

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

*Smdh*

I really think you're missing the point. You're bringing up things unrelated to the topic. When called on it, you respond while doing so again. You can't seem to help yourself! This is about the pope slapping a woman's hand who yanked on him or battering an innocent woman senselessly depending on where you stand.. that's the topic.

Please don't feel the need to reply to this post and have a great day!

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
I'm not Catholic. I don't have a dog in this fight but he didn't do anything wrong. The woman grabbed his hand with both of hers and pulled him off balance. Then she refused to let go of him. He slapped her hand ffs. If you ask me, he showed patience and restraint. He is a man and shouldn't be held to some unobtainable standard as if he is God. If you don't like him or the Church, so be it but don't pretend he battered some lady. Wow..

*Edit* Here's a link to what happened: www.nytimes.com...

The pope's security team should have intervened more quickly.
He's human, but it's still embarrassing to have to defend yourself from crazy people

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Missing the big picture much?

Yes, you are.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

what is teh " big picture " - and again i ask :

what should he have done ?

you are so incenced by what he did - but offer no alternate

as with others - i can list reasons to be conteptible of the pope and catholicism - till i run out of breath - but this is not one of them

why does this vexx you so much - when you ignore far greater catholic problems ?

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

All people are sinners, no one walking on this planet is perfect. I dont care for the Roman catholic church, but I imagine if I had people grabbing and pulling on me I might get a little upset too.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

One time God was mad at humans so he literally drowned 99.9% of them. 😂 How is the Pope slapping a lady who manhandled him not representative of what God might do?

Did he????? Or was it just a poleshift story written into scripture for special effects?

But if it was god and god did drown them then if you believe scripture then the people where doing quite a bit more than we're discussing here.

Honestly.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

*Smdh*

I really think you're missing the point. You're bringing up things unrelated to the topic. When called on it, you respond while doing so again. You can't seem to help yourself! This is about the pope slapping a woman's hand who yanked on him or battering an innocent woman senselessly depending on where you stand.. that's the topic.

Please don't feel the need to reply to this post and have a great day!

It's like Harry Potter with no one allowed to say the name 'Voldemort'. Have a nice day too!

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I'm not Catholic. I don't have a dog in this fight but he didn't do anything wrong. The woman grabbed his hand with both of hers and pulled him off balance. Then she refused to let go of him. He slapped her hand ffs. If you ask me, he showed patience and restraint. He is a man and shouldn't be held to some unobtainable standard as if he is God. If you don't like him or the Church, so be it but don't pretend he battered some lady. Wow..

*Edit* Here's a link to what happened: www.nytimes.com...

If you think he did nothing wrong you clearly don't understand his supposed position.

And

If he did nothing wrong why then did he apologize then????????

He's a human being. And every human being makes mistakes. And if you have any decency, you will apologize for your mistakes. Except Trump, of course, whose bull# is called alternative facts.

Lol even in a thread about the supposed holiest of holy men losing his temper, you just have to bring up Trump.

I agree with the OP. This is a pope on a rope.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join