It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning- Men with weapons and trucks observed entering US Embassy area- Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
According to Drudge , the embassy has not been evacuated and embassy staff members are in a safe room.
news.yahoo.com...

I guess i misread. Sounds like the ambassador was evacuated ~8 hours ago, but not everyone!

Some local staff were evacuated from the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq, while others remained inside a safe room within the compound as thousands of protesters and militia fighters thronged the gates in fury at U.S. airstrikes in Iraq, the AP reports.

12:30-EST

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Well if they raid the compound i guess US defence personel has no other choice and open fire.

It is that or be lynched , burned and hung from a bridge.

it's that or stop bombing their countries... they mob the embassy because they know nothing will happen to the US, no sanctions, no punishment, no protests in America just another 'oops our bad, we're cool' moments

they bombed Iraqi personnel backed by iran? they killed 25 people? along with some militants operating under Iraqi law enforcement?

edit on 31-12-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
a reply to: FauxMulder

Or it could be China pushing its narrative of Hongkong being a color revolution initiated and sustained by western powers and this being their way of "diplomatically" suggesting that they are willing to stir up things in return.

All of that from a laser pointer?

It was probably a masonic shape shifting reptilian jew pointing it.....

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Bomb the living @#$% out of Iran. Should have been done immediately. SInk all their ships, bomb their bases. Mess with the bull get the horns. I assure anyone, there will be no further problems with Iran for a long long time.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Typically lasers for weapons are IR, meaning you can't see them.

Looks like some idiots with some laser pointers to me.
Small arms are more often than not red lasers in the visible spectrum, or green.

very expensive set ups

The OP said they were "laser targeting" the building. As in laser designation for a missile strike. At least that's what laser targeting infers. Which are IR.

I'm not talking about lasers on rifles.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Typically lasers for weapons are IR, meaning you can't see them.

Looks like some idiots with some laser pointers to me.
Small arms are more often than not red lasers in the visible spectrum, or green.

very expensive set ups

The OP said they were "laser targeting" the building. As in laser designation for a missile strike. At least that's what laser targeting infers. Which are IR.

I'm not talking about lasers on rifles.

If they were paining the target, it'd be a smoking hole by now. Also, unless I'm mistaken, the lasers used for that are a different type anyway.

It was fear tactics/intimidation with a cat toy, nothing more.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Barry? What are you doing there? (/sarcasm)

On another note I was told by a friend Sigonella is on high alert?

I would think so...?
edit on 3629Tuesday202013 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Bomb the living @#$% out of Iran. Should have been done immediately. SInk all their ships, bomb their bases. Mess with the bull get the horns. I assure anyone, there will be no further problems with Iran for a long long time.

To me, that sounds like plan B.
Plan A should be "look, I know we've been dicks for your entire life- but we're leaving now kbye!" and pull out everything. No support, for anyone. All military bases close, all troops come home.
Leave the embassys open, I guess.

Then, if they STILL want to mess with the most expensive military on the planet.... How hard could it be? We've already got drones that can fire bullets or detonate small explosives. Simply detonate anyone who shows offensive for a few years. Go away, we're baitin'.

It wouldn't be difficult to sterilize the entire region- but that's just rude. If we're doing that there are a LOT of places that need it, to get the human race back on track for the correct landmass to population ratio.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I wondered if that was it.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

No. Just take out the leaders. The CIA has ways of doing that with an illness.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I heard they sent two apaches also along with the troops.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well heck. I didn't know wtf was going on. I was watching the feeds, saw these black robed dudes with guns, and a few minutes later saw red and green laser spots on the building looking for the US troops on the roof, exactly where they had been. Reported it here. Turned out to be Iraq security forces, I guess. (Still not dead sure of that.)

But the bottom line is Trump and the Pentagon acted, sent in troops, and Apaches lit that sky up with flares. I think this game is over. No way they'd dare attack that embassy now.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I heard that too .

“ if Apaches are flying soldiers aren’t dying “

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: bluemooone2
According to Drudge , the embassy has not been evacuated and embassy staff members are in a safe room.
news.yahoo.com...

I guess i misread. Sounds like the ambassador was evacuated ~8 hours ago, but not everyone!

Some local staff were evacuated from the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq, while others remained inside a safe room within the compound as thousands of protesters and militia fighters thronged the gates in fury at U.S. airstrikes in Iraq, the AP reports.

12:30-EST

He was on a scheduled leave/vacation and is headed back.

The Iraqis stated he "evacuated", no one else (if you care only to read the quoted old sources as this was hashing-out almost a day ago).

Many sources state the same:

-[snip]-
Ambassador Matthew Tueller is headed to the embassy in Baghdad following an attack on the facility by Iranian-controlled militias, cutting short a trip amid claims that he abandoned the post.

“Reports that he has been evacuated are false,” a State Department spokesman told the Washington Examiner. “He is returning to the embassy.” Tueller, who took over as the top American diplomat in Iraq in June, was “on previously scheduled personal travel for over a week” prior to the attack Tuesday, the spokesman said.

Not hard to find, but the fact he cut his trip to return speaks volumes amid fanning flames.

Edit: from your Axios source you posted:

A State Department spokesperson said in a statement that "U.S. personnel are secure and there has been no breach," adding that Ambassador Matthew Tueller, who had been on a scheduled vacation, is returning to the embassy.

mg
edit on 31-12-2019 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It makes me so angry listening to how badly our domestic-terrorist media organizations want the Iraq situation to deteriorate.

CNN just now: "This embassy siege is far from being over."

edit on 12/31/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It makes me so angry listening to how badly our domestic-terrorist media organizations want the Iraq situation to deteriorate.

I read here often, post rarely unless a topic I am well versed.

Here I am at a loss, with the exception of oil business (or water my last adventure inside waste water industrial management and potability).

Too much US and international money in Iraq, Syria is a "wild west" for nations, Yemen...hell not going to list here.

Oil will remain stable.

Out of curiosity, how much oil did the USA profit from out of Iraq?

I know Zero by the US Government or affiliates.
But investment has been in near 3/4 a billion.

mg

edit on 31-12-2019 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2019 by missed_gear because: clarity

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Peace please...

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hi old friend didnt you used have a little bear in your avatar? ...And All I am Saying...is give Peace a Chance...a reply to: carewemust

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

originally posted by: carewemust

Oil will remain stable.
Out of curiosity, how much oil did the USA profit from out of Iraq?
mg

The candidate President Trump is so afraid of, Joe Biden, said this weekend that if we don't stop relying on Oil, we're all dead.

www.breitbart.com...

Maybe we should go to solar, before we kill ourselves?

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Hi old friend didnt you used have a little bear in your avatar? ...And All I am Saying...is give Peace a Chance...a reply to: carewemust

I've never had an avatar in 10+ years of ATS membership. But if I were to one day develop the urge, it might be a YODA avatar, since "Care We Must" is something Yoda said in an old Star Wars movie, which caused me to choose CareWeMust as my username in 2007.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join