It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning- Men with weapons and trucks observed entering US Embassy area- Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Saw the same thing did not look like a welcoming group of people.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
NOTE: Found one of em, but there are more.... posted in OP, and here:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Typically lasers for weapons are IR, meaning you can't see them.

Looks like some idiots with some laser pointers to me.
Small arms are more often than not red lasers in the visible spectrum, or green.

Somewhat recently infra red has become more prominent for use in vastly improved night vision, and must be used in conjunction. I dont see that as the case here at all.

Particularly given this is "militia, in Iraq, and daylight in the pics Im seeing, It could be the much more common laser sights we all have.

or/and pointers

ETA dont get me wrong, Im not implying theyre not "pointers" as well, or entirely... I just disagree with the reasoning being use of Infra Red being so widespread...very expensive set ups
edit on 31-12-2019 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Found another:

But there was a group of them if you watch carefully. It was soon after that when the lasers started appearing on the building.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Or it could be China pushing its narrative of Hongkong being a color revolution initiated and sustained by western powers and this being their way of "diplomatically" suggesting that they are willing to stir up things in return.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Multiple outlets reporting 100 US Marines mobilized and on the way.

May become sticky.

mg

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Getting word that these men may be Iraq security forces, and also late word that they have gotten most of the protestors from around the complex. This came via twitter, but I don't have a link. And there is no live feed of the complex I know of at the moment to check so...

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

May become sticky.

mg
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt that more will be sent...I can't see this admin allowing for what happened in Benghazi on their watch...and they have said as much.

Perhaps Iran got some "beer muscles" participating in training excercises with Russia and China.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hopefully when the dust settles down and everyone is safe we remove all personnel and assets from the building and blow it up. They don't want us there then lets leave and let them figure it out.

Leave these countries to fight for themselves and deal with each other without our help. All this BS has been going on for much longer than the age of our country. We have had enough blood spilled and resources wasted trying to push our agendas throughout the worlds.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

--snip--
But earlier in the morning, thousands of people walked unimpeded into the zone to join the demonstrations. Iraqi security forces simply mingled with the crowd, and some joined in. One member of the force that guards the zone’s checkpoints was photographed helping the militia supporters smash the bulletproof glass at the embassy reception gate.
--[snip]--

WaPo

Seems as such...

mg

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This I find very weird and it makes me really wonder what is going on.

Interesting that this is taking place in the middle of an impeachment and upcoming election. War or the chance of war has always invoked fear and uncertainty. It paralyzes people and makes them afraid to make any change in leadership. Black robes and masks?? Hiding true identities perhaps? I find this HIGHLY suspicious.

Or is it possible that our own current state of affairs has emboldened our enemies to act without much fear of reprisal?

We'll have to wait and see what happens from here on out and if our government responds militarily.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Not much of an exercise as far as I've read...

Combined Russia and Chinese involvement was one Corvette and one Frigate with two support vessels.

mg

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
two each C 130 's just about do it after the Israeli F 35's

three Death From The Sky....better angle
edit on 31-12-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Here's the latest but who knows what along with accuracy. So wheres CNN?

Hezbollah attacking US Embassy in Iraq. Marines surroundedPosted on 12/31/19 at 11:18 am to LSUGrrrl

Reference: Hezbollah

In the picture, an American military coup was part of a convoy heading to the embassy in Baghdad

Add to The List:

Add these guys to your fun bunch "TBD" list as Iran seems to believe its OK to take out an embassy. Heres a link to Tehran Times and their honorable mention of several "protestors"

Hashd al-Sha'abi commander Faleh al-Fayyadh and Kata’ib Hezbollah commander Abu Mahdi al-Mohandes along with other senior Hashd leaders were among the protesters.

Tehran Times

edit on 31-12-2019 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 31-12-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
They cut that feed the second someone replied in English on that feed... Thanks a lot. Keep your friggin mouth shut.

People are 'tards.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yes they are, aren't they.

a reply to: Creep Thumper

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
According to Drudge , the embassy has not been evacuated and embassy staff members are in a safe room.
news.yahoo.com...
edit on 31-12-2019 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

May become sticky.

mg

If it gets nasty now it won’t be another Benghazi .

At least they’ll have a fighting chance .

Trumps got the hanging down things Obama lacked .

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

Abandon our allies? We need them!

-CNN

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Baghdad, Iraq Home | News & Events | Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Baghdad, Iraq The U.S. Embassy continues to advise U.S. citizens not to approach the Embassy. U.S. citizens should keep in touch with family members. In an emergency, U.S. citizens in Iraq or those concerned about family in Iraq should contact the Department of State at +1-202-501-4444 or toll-free in the U.S. at 1-888-407-4747.

By U.S. Embassy in Baghdad | 31 December, 2019 | Topics: Alert, Notification

US Embassy Iraq

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join