It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS 2019 Movie award

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I done a thread last year regarding the movies released in 2018. I thought I would bring it back for 2019.

I have seen a lot of films this year due to a far better work pattern and hopefully the discussion will bring more movies to my attention. The categories are the same as last Year:
Best film
Worst film
The best performance by an actor
The best performance by an actress
The worst performance by an actor
The worst performance by an actress
Best use of CGi/Visual effects
Worst use of CGI/Vusual effects
Breakthrough actor
Breakthrough actress
Positive surprise film
Personal let down film

You can free wheel a-bit you know it’s not regimented lol

Remember just a bit of light hearted fun.

edit on 31-12-2019 by blackbird9393 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Best film- spider man far from home. Loved it. Great story with a clever twist and lots of humour

Worst film - Toy story 4. For me a silly story with a rubbish ending. A few good parts but overall poor. It felt like they made it just for t he money

Best performance by an actor- Josh Brolin as Thanos. Brilliant acting and very convincing in the role

Best performance by an actress- Emma Stone in zombie land double tap. Great film and great performance.

Worst performance by an actor- Chris Hemsworth and Thor. A tired portrayal of a great character. Anyone else get the feeling it’s just to much

Worst performance by and actress- Linda Hamilton in Terminator dark fate. Somethings should have been left alone.

Best use of CGI/Visual effects- Avengers Endgame. Do I really need to add anything.

Worst use of CGi/Visual effects- Alita battle angel. A good idea let down by poor effects.

Breakthrough actor- I’ll get back to you on this.
Breakthrough actress- Taylor Russell in Waves a great film and good story and great performance.

Positive surprise film- Ad Astra. Great film loved it. I wasn’t going to see it at all but changed my mind at the last minuet due to the weather. Glad it rained. Great film.

Personal let down film- Toy story 4. I grew up with 1,2,3. Fantastic. But what did they do to 4. A silly film that felt rushed and purely for the box office takings

a reply to: blackbird9393

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Best film- spider man far from home. Loved it. Great story with a clever twist and lots of humour

You just lost all credibility in your first line

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I hope more members will take your poll and expose the soul of ATS.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

too much to think about on new years...so

Robert Downey Jr..... FTW!

Happy New Year!!

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
And you clearly don’t understand the concept of people having different opinions.

a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Happy new year to you too a reply to: Akragon

top topics

join