It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just for fun: Worst or Best Handmade Gift this Year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I personally don't really care about receiving Christmas gifts, so this thread is just for fun. A little light hearted jesting.

Now, I'm a minimalist. I always tell people not to get us Christmas gifts, just pop in for a drink or something and that's the real gift. It's stressful for me because I don't really like clutter, and I generally just.. don't like anything. 😂 But I do love giving gifts, and I try my best to get people things that are useful or consumable or teach something.

So this year, my brother and his wife asked me very specifically for a Keurig machine. They said that's the only thing they needed and other wise.... give them cash. 😂 I find that super tacky, but whatever, I picked them up the new mini Keurig and some coffee pods to go with it.

They included a gift for us with our kids gifts, which I wasnt expecting and I thought... ohhhkay... so they sprungnfor something for us and couldn't afford to buy themselves a Keurig. I see.

Nope! 😂 They made us this beautiful cross stitch.
Lol. I definitely appreciate the time and effort that went into this, but

... no. 😂 I can't believe they clearly specified they wanted a Keurig or cash for Christmas, and then gave me this. 😂
This definitely made my Christmas.

The best handmade gift I was given is...

Given to me by my favourite cousin. This is the song our grandfather always sang to us. He was well loved and is dearly missed, so this is so special.

Don't ask me why the uploader turned these.

Anyways, what handmade items did you all enjoy receiving... or not? 😂

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Love the cross stitch gift! A LOT of work and patience went into making that!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My mil gave me knee pads so I could wash my wood floors (I have a maid) and mens bedroom shoes with roses sewn on top.

She is not poor - she's woman of means.

Don't think she likes me.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

She despises you, 100%. 😂

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I generally just.. don't like anything.

We're the same, me and you.

Places especially. I hate places.

The store
The park
Schools
Theaters
Restaurants
Churches
The street
Restaurants (particularly terrible)

The carwash isn't half bad

God, I can't stand places. You?
edit on 12/27/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Buying computer parts, putting them all in a case and doing cable management counts, right?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

If I could stay home most of the time, I would.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I didn't receive any handmade gifts this year...

But I finally mastered fizzy shower bombs and gave them as gifts!!! I tried and failed the last couple years, so this was pretty exciting. They either crumbled after taking them out of the mold... or they got rock hard and wouldn't dissolve in the shower. Ugh! I think the difference this year was that I found a new recipe that includes cornstarch, to help hold them together; and it recommended the mixture to be like "wet sand." So at least I knew what I was shooting for this time.

My husband loves them... haven't heard from anyone else. Since it was his only homemade gift this year, I guess it's both his worst and his best.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't know if this counts, but I was gifted a personalised present for Christmas, uncle koomy is the nick-name my nephews and nieces have for me, it's a variation of my surname, something that's stuck since my army cadet days,

I won't lie, I love that toddler and that lighter was my favourite gift of the year, got me right in the feels that did,

I hope everyone had a great one, not wanting to sound too soft here, but much loves all 💚

🍻

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I love homemade bath bombs! I have a girlfriend who runs a really successful side gig selling them.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Awww. That's such a sweet gift!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

My grandpa used to sing that song. We sang it at our grandma's funeral and sang it at his. I can't listen to that song anymore.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

It's so sad. Sorry about your gram.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Love the cross stitch gift! A LOT of work and patience went into making that!

here's one way of looking at it

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Now this is my kind of cross stitch

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Hahaha! Good one!

new topics

top topics

join