It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Sphinx really showing 20k years of erosion, or was it simply a water fountain?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AnodeOrCathode

I don't think its water erosion at all I belive its wind erosion it matches the rock erosion on Mars . The Sphinx is much older then they have it dated .

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That makes sense and they were probably pumping the water from the pyramids, because that's where the water was upto long ago.... Why even say a time, they're not sure and I don't know.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I have to ask...how would the sphynx look after a global florrd?

Im soryy. I just had to.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
From what I've seen, read and watched, the Sphinx enclosure erosion is from many many years of wind and rain. Of course this is just speculation.
The Nile was at it's toes when Egypt was lush and green. That must have been a sight to behold. As for it's use. i think is a symbol of whatever god was worshipped at the time. The head seems to have been changed more times than any of will ever know.

The Pyramids being water pumps isn't such a crazy idea. they certainly were not tombs.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
When you're a child and your parents want to spook you they resort to shenanigans. Some might wear a mask... And some, like ancestors, decide to build a sphinx. This was dedicated, in irony, to the black lives matter movement of so long ago. Africa.
Scared the bejesus out of many tribes men.
Sort of like the Blair Witch Project movie.
Shenanigans...

We then resort to being baffled by it's significance.
Often overlooking the simple reasoning of parents.
Ain't a damned thing change since then.

These days the scariest truth about the sphinx is no one has figured it out yet!

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Beware The New Age Trinity!
1st. God's Ironies...
2nd. Divine Comedies...
3rd. Moral Epiphanies....

They Can Make For An Intriguing Conversation...
Leaves One Craving More And More And More.
Who Can Fulfill Such A Thirst For Life!?!...

ETA: The Mind Of A Child! It Takes But A Second To Know It... And Even Less Time Than That To Correct It.
edit on 5-6-2020 by Pinocchio because: Shenanigans...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join