It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Sphinx really showing 20k years of erosion, or was it simply a water fountain?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm glad at least this guy is putting the Conspiracy and Theory back in CT.

If you dont want to get into the video,

*SPOILER*
It is postulated and somewhat evidenced that the recessed area around the Sphinx was taking in water from the Nile, filling to a certain level then overflowing into the tunnels under the pyramids. It is also evidenced that this was never really a secret and that many modern structures around the world share.. .. symbolic..? ..similarities with ancient temples and diety-honoring monuments.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AnodeOrCathode

the Sphinx was taking in water from the Nile, filling to a certain level then overflowing into the tunnels under the pyramids. It is also evidenced that this was never really a secret and that many modern structures around the world share.. .. symbolic..? ..similarities with ancient temples and diety-honoring monuments.

Plenty of tunnels under the sphinx that would be full of water if not massive pumps. That water it pumped out for a reason. There is a lot going on under there.

We are being lied to about our history and thats a fact. Beind denied our true ancestory in an attempt to de power and control us..

but peeps are waking up..

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh please look up the height of the sphinx and the great pyramid above the Nile. The sphinx is approx. 80 feet above the Nile and the pyramids are even higher. So no the Nile never flooded the sphinx compound, never mind the pyramids.
The water erosion marks are from water entering from above. the argument is when that water erosion happened.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think I hade read that it may be closer to 80,000 years old. That head is likely not the original head it had. Look at the size comparison to the body. It is out of proportion. Egyptians likely recarved it into a pharoh head, from the "Terrible dog" it once was. Some people say Enoch built it, pre flood

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I like one of Warren Buffet's quotes about antiquity. Something to the effect of people like burying things in the ground and digging them back up again. A better question is does it really matter how the water flowed. It doesn't to me.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Terrible dog" it once was.

The terrible dog represents Sirius the Dog star (Anubis)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's already been fairly well confirmed that the long flat causeway coming up from near the Sphinx temple and onto the plateau was a ramp used to slide blocks up from the river. They used sledges pulled on mud that got water from either wells or a pump/diversion of the river water. So the ramp and the whole area there was flowing with water for a long time and it's not unreasonable that a lot of it went right into the Sphinx enclosure, wearing away the sides nearest the ramp.

It's not as if a natural rainwater explanation is the only possible way such erosion might happen. The entire Giza complex had some very elaborate man-made water features that are easy to forget about because these days the place is a desert. You can kind of see how the water flowed if you look at the satellite images.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I think I hade read that it may be closer to 80,000 years old. That head is likely not the original head it had. Look at the size comparison to the body. It is out of proportion. Egyptians likely recarved it into a pharoh head, from the "Terrible dog" it once was. Some people say Enoch built it, pre flood

I'm of the belief that it was carved in the last age of Leo.

I forget the exact time period but I think it was about 12-13 thousand years ago.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: visitedbythem

I'm of the belief that it was carved in the last age of Leo.

I forget the exact time period but I think it was about 12-13 thousand years ago.

It is definitely more then a few thousand years old

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Proof that we are not alone. A creator of sorts existed to fashion us. Here is the 80,000 year old evidence. A building sculpted as Egyptian God Anubis (wiki says protector of graves) the god of reincarnation or the fact of an everlasting soul's AFTERLIFE existence. We are blind to all the hints ancient architecture blatantly provides.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I like one of Warren Buffet's quotes about antiquity. Something to the effect of people like burying things in the ground and digging them back up again. A better question is does it really matter how the water flowed. It doesn't to me.

It matters because it completely rewrites history.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I did a lot of reading on that area and the underground tunnels in the area. It could be that the Sphinx was a big water fountain, surrounded by a pool at one time. Those tunnels under the pyramid area were probably connected to a underwater water reservoir but the water table got depleted and the springs that fed the people in that area dried up. Just like the springs around here up on the hills spewing water sometimes out a crevis in the hill at the head of the stream, there could have been an artesian spring there that they used to make an impressive water fountain.

What is the most valuable resource in the world? Clean drinkable water. We can live without gold and silver, we can live without weapons of war. But water not only feeds us, it feeds what we eat.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

It matters because it completely rewrites history.

I love history, but there are things we will never know the actual answer to because some of that history has been altered along the way by different people. I think this is one of them. Whether or not the water ran uphill or down, does that matter in a region that will always be torn apart by religion? Nope. Nothing will change Man, only the artifacts left behind.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

The nile used to be pretty much right up against the plateau at the time the pyramids were either built or constructed. It's migrated away since then.

Also, there has been theories that the pyramids were massive water pumps, I mean it's a stretch, but none of the great pyramids have ever actually been confirmed as 'tombs', they are still a rather big mystery. Back what I can't imagine is that the whole ancient Giza complex was without some sort of ancient form of plumbing.
edit on 26-12-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What if it was just a fancy urinal?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

That whole area used to be much more green at one time. Humans don't really build in deserts, its a stupid thing to do. Las Vegas and all that is just a hiccup for this age and day of having no real issues, so people build cities to gamble and party but in the scope of things, its not even a piss in the sea.

As for the sphinx. Doesn't matter, plenty of junk out there which has faded to the winds of time, same can be said of this current crop of humanity and civilization.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
That was a weird video that mentions a skeptical look and then dives into the Mud Flood CT which is almost as ignorant as Flat Earth.

I do admit it was late, I'm olding and fizzled my neurons too often last century but ign'ant ideas were presented while makin' fun of mo' ign'ant ideas and now I'm confused and questioning why I just contracted those words inappropriately and wonder if I drifted into another version of reality ... so ... thanks?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

That would be likely to piss more than a few people off.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

That would explain the erosion 😂

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The erosion is due to 4,000 years worth of events like this ......

www.middleeasteye.net...

I have no idea why people think Cairo/Giza doesn't get heavy rain

top topics

<<   2 >>

join