It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Christmas presents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I don’t like Trump, nor dislike him, done some good things and some bad but
Got given some Trump toilet paper this year
Was a bit disappointed, making Christmas political a little bit. I am not even from or live in the US, left the gift with my friend who gave it to me.

What about you, anything a little disappointing?
Is there a point where a gift becomes unacceptable?
Did I overreact?

What can I do as tasteless for them next year😈

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Just coz its a politician on the jax roll dont make it political

Its pure humour is all

Happy St. Stephen's day from Ireland

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Don't know about Santa Clause or Trump. But I am sure that you will get exactly what you deserve.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

first - was that the only present you recieved from this person ?

2 - what did they give you last year ?

context required

you rejectedthe gift - for reasons - i suspect the intent was a joke - but you still rejected it - there are a billion people out there who " a bog roll " would be a life enhancing gift

get over yourself - and consider how privelideged you are

as for revenge next year - WWJD ?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Not this year, but many years ago, my mother-in-law gifted me a microwave oven for Christmas... knowing that I don't do microwave food! I was more amused than anything though.

The back story is that the microwave oven we had was broken when my husband slammed the door too hard (while we were in the midst of a huge fight). I didn't care, because I never used it. I still had my toaster oven, and an air popper for popcorn, so no loss for me! And I had no intention or desire to get a new one. I just told my husband to get it out of the kitchen. For some reason, my mother-in-law felt that was depriving her poor boy, so she got me a microwave for Christmas. I couldn't help but laugh when I opened it, and just handed it to my husband and said, "Here, you'll appreciate this more than me."

That microwave oven has since broken, been discarded, and never replaced. My husband is good with that, having realized that the toaster oven really is better for everything a microwave can do (and more).

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

What would Jesus do?
Pretty sure He would have some fun with it
friend having a joke, do you deny me returning in kind because of my faith

Sorry I am not as “christian” as you 🤩
edit on 26-12-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Ooops! I forgot to address your dilemma...

I say trust your gut. It's the thought that counts, and it seems your gut is telling you that the thought behind it is not from a place of love or good will... So pity them. It's very sad when an opportunity for good is squandered for hateful or hurtful reasons. And in the end, it's hurting them more than you.

If you must respond, then kill 'em with kindness. Return the favor. Maybe get them a roll with their preferred candidate's mug on it.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

looking at images of " toaster oven " - can it really heat a bowl of soup ???

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

As a Christmas gift, thought it was tasteless and pretty irrelevant
Totally not me, maybe they got it from someone else and passed it on to me I spose

I will probably offer them a coffee mug with a cartoon character, they hate cartoon characters

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

looking at images of " toaster oven " - can it really heat a bowl of soup ???

Well, sure... heat is heat.

The packaging might be a problem. If one buys soup intended and therefore packaged for a microwave, then it would not be appropriate for a toaster oven. Likewise, a metal can of soup is not intended for a microwave...

However, I wouldn't use either to heat soup, for the same reason I wouldn't use a conventional oven. That's a job for the stove!

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I will probably offer them a coffee mug with a cartoon character, they hate cartoon characters

There ya go! They may not like the pic, but at least the mug will work just fine.

Which is more than I can say for the toilet paper. No need for any ink down there... and it just sounds too scratchy to even consider. And that's just cruel.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Get one of those condom hats.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Ummm...talk about bad Christmas gifts...

I got a half pound Reese's peanut butter cup...

A freaking half pound...

And I hate Reese's peanut butter cups...

Too cloyingly sweet...yeesh...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

No.. you didn’t over react.. it was a tasteless gift and leaving it with the giver was the right thing to do.

Now about getting back at them ? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have to think about that for a bit, considering it needs to be tasteful.😆

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I know the feeling!

But, this is a sincere opportunity for some serious serial fun. If you put some thought into it an with lots of internet searches you should be able to "one up them" with YOUR gift to them.

I've received some truly thoughtless junk over the years from friends an loved ones. Instead of being hurt or pissed I "get even". My sister who spent like zero time in choosing something, from me got gifted hand soap that resembled Petri dishes of different bacteria. She is an insane germaphobe.
Who doesn't want E coli, or Dysentery in their bathroom???
www.etsy.com...

For my daughter who choked on Xmas gifts one year, it was a toss up between cookies that contained rude messages thanking her for not sharing any STD's or a sweatshirt from ADIPOSE University. She wore the sweatshirt for a long time before someone finally told her what "adipose" meant.
HEHEHEHEHEH!!!!!

I know you can have some absolute fun with this an make it into an annual tradition!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You should have accepted it, and then on new year's you coulda just toilet papered his house/car/property a d then said "hey your right, this did come in handy. Thanks again!"
a reply to: YouSir

Lol! Did you know that half pound cup came from a one pound package of two that cost 15$ where I live?? You can get a pound of pb at the grocery for a buck or two. I thought that it was quite over priced.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Worst Christmas gift I ever received was from my mom and dad when I was around 9 or 10years old. It was the early 80s and handheld video games were all the rage. My little brother opened his gift first, he recieved a Mattel Electronic Football Game. I was like "Cool! I wonder what I got?!! Electronic Baseball?"

Nope. I got a calculator .

That calculator went straight into my drawer and was never used again.

Worst Christmas gift ever.

top topics

join