It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Would Win - Maxamilian VS the lost in space robot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
We have two iconic robots from two cult classic science fiction franchises.

On one side we have Maximilian the robot body guard and enforcer from Disney's the black hole. Equipped with spinning blades capable of boring through the hardened metal chassis of other robots, and two energy weapons of unknown power, designed for anti-personnel fire. He's also flight capable.

He has only limited intelligence, including basic problem solving capabilities, and has not been shown to poses any form of scanners beyond visual and auditory.

On the other side we have the Robot from the original series of from lost in space. Equipped with short range lightning guns and grappling arms able to carry substantial weights, as well as an advanced problem solving AI and advanced scanning capabilities. He has the clear size and weight advantage, but is slow moving and has no flight capabilities.

In a fair arena fight with no cover, who would win?

Would Maximilian's ranged attacks and flight ability give him the advantage or would his limited intelligence and scanners be his downfall.
edit on 26-12-2019 by AaarghZombies because: expanded description

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I dont know but over five different threads over multiple forums do you reckon just once you could make an effort to comply with t&c's in relation to content and start up criteria??????.

Who would win then?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

You're going to have to be more specific.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Your posts are lazy.
Add some content.
Stats.
Opinions.
Links.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Your posts are lazy.
Add some content.
Stats.
Opinions.
Links.

It's a simple and direct question regarding two icons of science fiction, and it's posted in the general chit chat forum and I'm asking for people's personal opinions.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

And before you made the edit to the origional post it was lazy.

Just like your mandalorian post...
One sentence..
Little content.
edit on 26-12-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

And before you made the edit to the origional post it was lazy.

Just like your mandalorian post...
One sentence..
Little content.

Sorry, but speaking as somebody who has come to a thread and their only contribution has has only criticized the OP, you can't complain too loudly. Maybe you should be asking yourself why you haven't added anything constructive to the thread?

Asking a simple and direct question is efficient, not lazy. Sometimes there is no need to waffle on for several paragraphs when you are asking a totally hypothetical question regarding a character form a TV show.

Would you prefer that I tried to lead people in their answers, or maybe put in pages of fan speculation?

It's unnecessary. Especially in a general chat thread.

This one sentence is all that is required to ask the question. So why use more?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Because the staff regularly remove minimal OP’s that do little to foster discussions. Which shouldn’t be too surprising on a forum dedicated to discussion. Generally it doesn’t take too many removals before a one on one discussion happens on expectations versus delivery of participation thus far.

Sometime they come in the form of subtle hints, other times the ability to post is removed for a better focus and clearer understand without distractions.

But to answer the point at hand. Got to lean towards Robbie the Robot since even V.I.N.CENT took Maximilian out. Even B.O.B. was kinda close and he was worn out.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You say criticise, I say advise with gusto.

A one sentence op, which this was until your edit, is a violation of t&c's for posting and doesn't exactly inspire debate or input.

Additional content makes for better threads and member participation.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I barely remember Maximilian or his capabilities, but from the way you describe it, the Robot has more advantages than disadvantages.

However, one disadvantage you hadn't mentioned about the Robot is his personality and his loyalty to the Robinson family. With the Robot's AI, he may have a number of priorities that could somehow complicate his battle with Max. Also, Max may have an advantage with his "limited intelligence" by having a singular objective, to destroy the Robot, with nothing else to distract his mission.

I like the discussion. Too bad no one seems interested in actually giving the idea some thought and responding to the subject. Looks like every response has been to complain about a thin original posting. Oh well, maybe we'll shall see something in a bit.

ETA: Ahabstar - that was the Robot from the TV series "Lost in Space" we're talking about, not Robbie the robot. But I could see a Robbie and The Lost in Space Robot as a tag team for sure.
edit on 26-12-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Bust the glass on their heads and they are toast, either one. But yeah they were both pretty lame.

Gort would take them all though.

new topics

top topics

join