It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic Mushrooms Inspired Christmas Traditions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So this video quickly explains how amanita muscaria, the red and white "magic" mushroom and shamans in the Arctic inspired half our Christmas traditions including part of the origin story of Ol' Santa himself.

Basically shamans dressed in red and white and gathered mushrooms to give as gifts to the villagers on winter solstice, including the tradition of laying gifts under the trees and hanging the mushrooms as ornaments on them (to dry them out).

There's a handful of other origin theories shared. Enjoy the video and have a merry Christmas all!

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

That’s a fun. I wonder it’s veracity tho. I can say that rudolph’s red nose was created in 1939 by montgomery ward. I cant imagine that artist was inspired by events mentioned in the video.
edit on 24-12-2019 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Im all ape thumbs

edit on 24-12-2019 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think a lot of things have inspired the way western culture celebrates "Christmas", this definitely being among them. It really is an eclectic holiday.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Yeah well that should change, clinical trials with people micro dosing is showing amazing results against a whole range of mental illnesses and stress.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I think a lot of things have inspired the way western culture celebrates "Christmas", this definitely being among them. It really is an eclectic holiday.

Yes there are dozens of historic sources for our holiday tradition, like Saturnalia in Rome or music, poetry, and festivals throughout European history. We even kept a few elements from Sumeria and Egypt.

I do think there is some credence to the theory that these mushrooms played an important role in developing at least a few of our modern customs.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
And please try to keep the discussion towards an academic nature, don't wanna get censored.

This is an important part of our history and so let's stay focused on that.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

It's a psychedelic revolution!

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
They’ve definitely inspired a few of my Christmas traditions. It’s not Christmas until you’re throwing up and grandma is beating on the door.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
A little of that chemistry or similar chemistry is in some fruits and veggies, I know a few things that have semi-potent chemistry like that which are not illegal, but I am not going to be mention them. People might abuse these chemistries and get hurt. I have mentioned some of the sources before but I decided that it was not good to reveal stuff like that because I cannot evaluate side effects like metabolic intolerances or allergies.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

REMINDER!!!

Terms And Conditions Of Use

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, ..... Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form

Do NOT reply to this post!!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Nope
edit on 24/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Psychdellics will revolutionise mental health, addiction, anxiety to name a few things. The research so far is very promising. Unfortunately, so much stigma has been thrown out there by the powers that be, that most people do not even know how promising psychdellics are, and how they can help people.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

This subject is the single most dangerous thing to modern society.

It has the power to de-program our wetware that has been installed upon us for the past 500 years or more. Generation after generation of lies upon lies and control.

We have the ability to reboot and heal, we can also be the masters of our own fate and brake all chains.

Wake up, you are dreaming.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

This subject is the single most dangerous thing to modern society.

It has the power to de-program our wetware that has been installed upon us for the past 500 years or more. Generation after generation of lies upon lies and control.

We have the ability to reboot and heal, we can also be the masters of our own fate and brake all chains.

Wake up, you are dreaming.

100% agree with everything you said. A great video that talks about this is Graham Hancocks war on conciousness.

Do not know how to put a direct youtube video on here, but here is the link

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join