It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane passenger gives first-class seat to 88-year-old woman - It is the small things in life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Plane passenger gives first-class seat to 88-year-old woman, makes her 'dream' come true: 'No one asked him to'

Last week, Virgin stewardess Leah Amy shared the heartwarming tale on Facebook, in a post that has since gone viral with over 4,100 likes and 1,300 shares.

Leah has already met famous athletes, supermodels and actors through her work as a flight attendant, but she said these two travelers — whom she identified as Jack and Violet — were her new “favorite passengers EVER!”

the two travelers spontaneously struck up an “instant friendship” at the unnamed airport they were traveling from when Jack decided that the octogenarian would “get more” out of his prime seat to the Big Apple than he would.

It was reportedly the 88-year-old’s “dream” to sit at the front of the plane, Leah added, and the thoughtful traveler was inspired to make it come true “out of the kindness of his own heart.”

This reality is made or broken by the small things, the small gestures. These are the acts of kindness that bring tears to my eyes. Compassion for those who travel in this reality side by side with you. Respecting the soul of a fellow traveler and striving to make anothers journey more peaceful. Grace and peace to you all. Happy holidays ATS.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

This is such a happy story, thanks for posting it! On the other hand I still get sad because we are always shocked at stories like this when they should be the norm. At least my faith in humanity can add a couple people to the list of good people!

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Love stories of selflessness. Always get choked up but still smile. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Beautiful story! There are still plenty of good, thoughtful and kind people in the world. This young man is one of them. Thanks for the lovely thread!

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I bet it was an unforgettable experience for both of them. It is hard to describe the level of joy one can experience from doing something nice for another, for no other reason then to make that person happy, even if for just a short while.

I will never forget when a dear friend of mine shocked me by telling me I was selfish. I was sick, she wanted to help me, and I wouldn't let her. She explained that helping me when I needed help, gave her joy, and me allowing my ego to get in the way, and not accepting her help, was stealing her joy.

I cried, because I never thought of it that way before. I was so afraid of being a burden I didn't see it from her side. I learned a lot that day and I am not so quick to refuse help if I need it, and someone is genuine in their gift of sharing.

You can see the joy on this lady's face. It will be a gift given that he will remember for all time.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

This world is truly a beautiful place. Thank you for that story. We need more people that receive joy by simply bringing pleasure to others without wanting anything in return other than seeing someone comforted or happy. Wonderful Karma!!

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

what a wonderful story

top topics

join