It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnosis clearing up the myths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I went and told a few kids at my school about this subject but didnt clear the myths just than, so I asked a few others. I can not believe how ignorent people are about this subject. Its no wonder they dont believe in psi.

myth 1: hypnosis is mind control

NO, this is not in the least bit true hypnosis is just talking a influncing your subconcius.

myth 2: all Stage hypnotists put actors in the audince to make it look true

Defenatly no, mabey some do but thats beside the point there are fakes in everything.

myth 3: When in hypnosis I will be asleep

This one I believed for a bit to, until my first time doing it. You are just very relaxed almost asleep.

myth 4: Hypnosis can be used to get people you love to fall in love with you no matter how far apart.

I dont even know who came up with this idea but its all over the place. The only way this would even come close to being true is giving yourself the confdence to ask them out.

Myth 5: I will do what ever the hypnotist tells me to

This is the main fear, I dont know why but people think they will be raped or something by a hypnotist, you are still in compleate controll if you dont want to do something you wont.

If anyone has any questions about this subject post here if they want to learn how to hypno people I will be happy to teach but I will check through all your posts to make sure you wont use it for the wrong resons.

remember it is still a powerfull thing

By the way I am not a blind man on this subject.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I agree elemtalsage.
A hypnotist making two people fall in love? Thats just ridiculous!

You have to be gullible to start with for a hypnotist to make you do incredible things. He cannot make you do anything you subconsiously would not want to do.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think most of those myths are very, very old and most people do not believe them anymore as many Doctors will use or recommend hypnosis these days...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by elemtalsage
I went and told a few kids at my school about this subject but didnt clear the myths just than, so I asked a few others. I can not believe how ignorent people are about this subject. Its no wonder they dont believe in psi.

myth 1: hypnosis is mind control

NO, this is not in the least bit true hypnosis is just talking a influncing your subconcius.

Myth 5: I will do what ever the hypnotist tells me to

This is the main fear, I dont know why but people think they will be raped or something by a hypnotist, you are still in compleate controll if you dont want to do something you wont.

The common denominator is that the person being hypnotised has to be willing to participate...at least subconsciously...even if they do not want it consciously...Like subconscious curiosity ovecoming the conscious blockage or filter

I agree with myth 1...but it can be use in such a way as package (in combination with other technic...such as drugs...trauma...fear...etc.) for mind control.

question:
is there a difference between hypnosis and NLP (neuro-linguistic programming)?

[edit on 8-3-2005 by mwen]

[edit on 8-3-2005 by mwen]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
i would love to be able to do it

(mostly to be able to to do like regretion therapy or w/e) but i want to learn it on my own/in university or something so now thanks

Dru

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
i would love to be able to do it

(mostly to be able to to do like regretion therapy or w/e) but i want to learn it on my own/in university or something so now thanks

www.hypnos.co.uk... Go all the way down to the bottom and click free downloads. There's an e-book on learning self hypnosis and a couple hypnosis MP3s. Pretty fun!

You can also like google for more info. You'll have to wade though a LOT of junk but there is some good stuff.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am a Hypnotist. Hypnosis with the use of other mind altering substances is mind control. Hypnosis is very powerful We all do it to others, and we all have it done to us.
Hypnosis without the use of mind altering substances is only bypassing the logical reasoning part of your mind (the conscious mind) and therefore having direct access to the subconscious. Once that is done the hypnotist only talks and guides, the subconscious accepts any and all suggestions that are not in conflict with a belief system, if it is, it will be rejected. Depending on the skill of the hypnotist and the agreement of the one being hypnotized, their belief systems can be changed.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yes I know it can be used to control people, when mixed with drugs to thats why I want to make sure the people I teach arnt jerks.

Also I know hypnosis has been proven in the medical field but I am checking around normal people now and they (in general) still believe atleast two of these myths

edit Grammer

[edit on 9-3-2005 by elemtalsage]

new topics

top topics

join