It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judicial Watch announced today, it filed a lawsuit against Rep. Adam Schiff and the House Intelligen

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Judicial Watch announced it today filed a lawsuit against Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and the House Intelligence Committee for the controversial subpoenas issued for phone records, including those of Rudy Giuliani, President Trump’s lawyer. The phone records led to the publication of the private phone records of Giuliani, Congressman Devon Nunes, journalist John Solomon, Trump attorney Jay Sekulow, attorney Victoria Toensing, and other American citizens.

www.judicialwatch.org...< br />
I am glad to see this being challenged.
The phones records of those mentioned in the lawsuit were not necessary to be published.
Pelosi, Scjiff and Nadler have led the democrats right into a corner and this should be the beginning of a legal onslaught, coupled with the John Durham investigation coming to an end that will inevitably lead to the end of the resistance. Criminal charges and legal liability is on the way for the resistance.
John Brennan seems to be the first in line, some will flip if they have not already done so.
Looking forward to the coming weeks months.
edit on 20-12-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: grammar

edit on Fri Dec 20 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: added the appropriate tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
[....]

The phones records of those mentioned in the lawsuit were not necessary to be published.
Pelosi, Scjiff and Nadler have led the democrats right into a corner and this should be the beginning of a legal onslaught, coupled with the John Durham investigation coming to an end that will inevitably lead to the end of the resistance. Criminal charges and legal liability is on the way for the resistance.
John Brennan seems to be the first in line, some will flip if they have not already done so.

Popcorn, about an organisation who's prime object itself is to generate FOIA's for everyone to see, and of course rich mugs pay for it...you get at least one laugh every day.
edit on Fri Dec 20 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Is this a civil lawsuit? Those can take ages...
I like JW, but I don’t know how this will help in the short run...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Been looking, not sure if it is a civil lawsuit.
I will continue to research.

originally posted by: Goedhardt

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

What possible legal standing does Judicial Watch have? How were they damaged or adversely affected by the House Intelligence Committee's subpoenas?

ETA
Never mind, It's just a FOIA demand.

edit on 20-12-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Judicial Watch announced it today filed a lawsuit against Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and the House Intelligence Committee for the controversial subpoenas issued for phone records, including those of Rudy Giuliani, President Trump’s lawyer. The phone records led to the publication of the private phone records of Giuliani, Congressman Devon Nunes, journalist John Solomon, Trump attorney Jay Sekulow, attorney Victoria Toensing, and other American citizens.
www.judicialwatch.org...< br />

Popcorn, about an organisation who's prime object itself is to generate FOIA's for everyone to see, and of course rich mugs pay for it...you get at least one laugh every day.

It's an organization that looks into governmental overreach and malfeasance and reports its findings to the citizenry.

As a big government person, I can see why you are triggered by that...

To the OP, good on them.

Schiff has flat-out lied about several things that are quite provable... his last town hall meeting where he was called a liar and a traitor to his country by the audience is a good sign of that.

He hides behind immunity from prosecution because of his job.

Let's see where the lawsuit goes and hopefully it is another nail in the coffin of Schiff's political career.

S&F...

edit on 20-12-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I would say it is not a civil lawsuit as a civil lawsuit In general terms, a civil lawsuit is the court-based process through which Person A can seek to hold Person B liable for some type of harm or wrongful act, however I am not certain.
We will see what comes of this soon enough.

originally posted by: Goedhardt

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Judicial Watch filed the lawsuit under the public’s common-law right of public access to examine government records after it received no response to a December 6, 2019, records request
Maybe so however this is the beginning of the public scrutiny that Schiff was trying to avoid.
Time will tell.

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What possible legal standing does Judicial Watch have? How were they damaged or adversely affected by the House Intelligence Committee's subpoenas?

ETA

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Somehow I think the Rudy Giuliani, Devin Nunes, John Solomon, Jay Sekulow and Victoria Toensing know their legal rights and limits, and don't need Judicial Watch to protect their rights.

edit on 20-12-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
True as that may be Judicial Watch exists for the purpose of investigating claims of misconduct by government officials.
So Judicial Watch is independent from the individuals you mentioned and is serving the public interest.

Somehow I think the Rudy Giuliani, Devin Nunes, John Solomon, Jay Sekulow and Victoria Toensing know their legal rights and limits, and don't need Judicial Watch to protect their rights.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

ETA

About 300-500 million in damages should do the job That will straighten up some democrats right quick. The ones who start blabbering, will probably commit suicide

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Judicial Watch has done a lot of great work over the years, highly reputable in exposing issues within government and worth watching.

When it comes to impeaching Adam Schiff, how he read out a fake phone transcript after the President had released the call is the kind of character no one wants to see in government. How the fake news ran with these fake claims is diving the nation.

Claims have been made that Schiff is protected under parliamentary privilege in what he can say. Impeachment is a political process to remove someone from office, can be done for pretty much anything. Basically it goes to the character and nature of a person being suitable for a job. For a President to be impeached it takes 2/3rd of congress to say 'your fired'. I don't know what it takes to impeach Schiff, but he is not immune to it, no one who holds a position in government is.

Releasing these phone calls is another serious issue that directly goes to the character and nature of Adam Schiff. His lack of impartially is glaring has he works so hard to defend the identity of the whistle blower, the proceedings in a star chamber, yet throws out all this information of people he is not politically aligned with.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I have seen Judicial watch file lawsuits for things that need to be challenged. I have gained some respect for them. They have actually helped to shine a light on what part of the swamp needs to be cleaned. I am considering donating a little to them. I can't afford a lot but the site does have small amounts to donate.

I saw them actually attempt to challenge things that screwed the public over inappropriately. I have seen they seem to try to clear up injustices, right now the injustices are emanating from the Democratic party. They do challenge some Republicans too, but lately it has been the Democrats that are skirting the law, leaking information, and making things up that are not fully true or are twisted to imply something they do not really say.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Great point, the democrats are clearly in the wrong now however there are some republicans that are dirty as well. I feel Jeff Flake left because he was a RINO and could not conceal it. Jeff Flake was a total phony and there may be more out there but for now the democrats are public enemy #1. They have lost their way and are cruising for a bruising.

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have seen Judicial watch file lawsuits for things that need to be challenged. I have gained some respect for them. They have actually helped to shine a light on what part of the swamp needs to be cleaned. I am considering donating a little to them. I can't afford a lot but the site does have small amounts to donate.

I saw them actually attempt to challenge things that screwed the public over inappropriately. I have seen they seem to try to clear up injustices, right now the injustices are emanating from the Democratic party. They do challenge some Republicans too, but lately it has been the Democrats that are skirting the law, leaking information, and making things up that are not fully true or are twisted to imply something they do not really say.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Judicial Watch should be made an official contractor of the Dept of Justice.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If they do not file something against Schiff, some far right looney is going to take him out and gun control will be in the news again. Shooting someone is illegal even if the person has lied under oath.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Come on everyone knows you can not investigate a liberal politician, it undermines everything that America stands for, hell you can even impeach the President for him to even suggest an investigation on a liberal... Duh...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Releasing these phone calls is another serious issue that directly goes to the character and nature of Adam Schiff. His lack of impartially is glaring has he works so hard to defend the identity of the whistle blower, the proceedings in a star chamber, yet throws out all this information of people he is not politically aligned with.

I know, President Trump released his and I say....www.abovetopsecret.com...
.. Biden should release his too.
I know you meant the subpoenaed phone records but hell lets just group them all together at this point.
The gig is up, lay your cards on the table...we're not there yet but getting close in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Great point to further demonstrate the lack of impartially. Lets hide everything the democrats have done while exposing the Republicans all we can.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I am very proud of Tom Fitton and Judicial watch. They are not quitters and will do everything in their power to see justice served.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join