It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War On Terror!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Is the war on terror working?
Do you feel safer when you go to sleep at night?

The whole point of the war on terror was to make the world a safer place. But is it working?

KC8

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The war is working very Slowly - too slow but capturing Usama Bin Laden. Will be a huge victory but not the end I my-self don't see an end. As feeling safer I live in a city of 198,000 and Metro area with 1.2 million people so there is a small risk but I still feel safe, and we have several emergncy teams in place other than the Police and Fire Depts.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I feel alot safer, because I know that...

Thank god we are all being scrutinzed, otherwise we might be guilty of thought crimes, which are double plus ungood brother.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i feel safer knowing that the fighting is going on 4000 miles away. does that answer your question?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fledgling666
i feel safer knowing that the fighting is going on 4000 miles away. does that answer your question?

You do? I heard from many a government expert that there will be a major terrorist attack in this country. I also hear that we should not count on elimination of threat. This is a perpetual thing which serves the interest of the political elite.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Terror is what you feel when you are scared of something or someone.

So i suppose the question is "are you scared?"

Answer, yes, big time. Anyone who isn't, or has not had a thought about their own safety in recent times, is denying the fact to themselves.

My son is over there right now, am i scared for him? Absolutely!

Am i safer than he is? Yes, but thinking about it, how safe are we all?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Good post Biker.

That got me thinking a lot.
Guess i dont feel safe anywhere when i come to think of it.

Hope your son is doin ok too

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
HELL NO I don't feel safer, with a president that talks smack to the whole world and doesn't care because none of his family members will have to die for it. I don't feel safe at all from "the terrorists" which means pretty much who ever doesn't agree with bush. You can tell he has no concern for his soldiers lives if so wouldn't he have admitted what a horrible thing had happened when they found no WMD, he joked about it "anyone seen some WMD" I think he said or something. There was american soldiers killing and being killed thinking they were protecting us

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Kramthenothing]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sykojo
Good post Biker.

Glad it got ya thinking there. Thanks for asking after my son.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Good post Biker.

Glad it got ya thinking there. Thanks for asking after my son.

not sure i asked after your son

lol.maybe ya need to learn how to use the "quote" response eh?

[edit on 03/12/04 by Bikereddie]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I feel i am scared worse from all the anti-american sentiment around the world rather than scared of terrorism.

There are alot of good American people out there with good hearts that aren't arrogant and twisted. Alot of good families with good mothers and fathers. Yet we all get the same label. We got attacked and are trying to fight back, yet because we hold world power status we are feared and irregardless of weather we got attacked or not,.....we are hated if we try to retaliate against those that destroyed many innocent lives.

Terrorism we can fight and deal with. But, being hated around the world stands the chance of dealing a much heavier blow.

Carburetor

new topics

top topics

join