It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress is raising the minimum smoking and vaping age to 21

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
(post by tanstaafl removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

"No exceptions' for minors drinking means no exceptions, therefore illegal. Not really hard to follow.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 26-1-1 , it shall be unlawful for a person less than 21 years of age to purchase, consume, possess, or to transport any alcohol, liquor or malt or brewed beverages within the State of Alabama.

Illegal.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

That's Alabama statute I quoted, not some article. Illegal.

edit on 24-12-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he doesn't get posts removed

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I've always said if your not old enough to smoke and drink you shouldn't be old enough to go and die for your government.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That's Alabama statute I quoted, not some article. Illegal.

Merry Christmas, at least you can likely still comprehend that...

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Merry Christmas, at least you can likely still comprehend that...

It's not too difficult to follow, that is the law, the article you cited isn't.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

"Merry Christmas, at least you can likely still comprehend that..."

It's not too difficult to follow, that is the law, the article you cited isn't.

You're right, the article isn't the law - it merely points out that in spite of the law, most if not all of these states make exceptions, even if exceptions are not in the law, causing a lot of confusion.

Maybe because not interfering in what happens (at least to a reasonable extent) in the home is based on common sense, and the law isn't? Of course, it takes a little common sense to be able to understand that.

Hope you had a great Christmas!

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

You're right....

You never have to tell me that, we'll just assume it.

...the article isn't the law...

As I've been saying.

...it merely points out that in spite of the law, most if not all of these states make exceptions...

Except Alabama doesn't, there's no exceptions.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Except Alabama doesn't, there's no exceptions.

Does your tongue ever slap you upside the head when wagging it like this?

Merry Christmas, Auggie!

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No, particularly when people refuse to see the facts until well into the discussion.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

No, particularly when people refuse to see the facts until well into the discussion.

Or, as in your case, never...

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Or, as in your case, never...

The facts are clear: Alabama has no exceptions and you keep using an article to somehow try to claim otherwise.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

"originally posted by: tanstaafl
Or, as in your case, never..."

The facts are clear: Alabama has no exceptions and you keep using an article to somehow try to claim otherwise.

No exceptions written into the law itself.

Because the article points out that many if not most of these states have exceptions 'in reality', in spite of there being no exceptions written into the law itself.

No idea about Alabama specifically, but it is irrelevant, except to you. Carry on.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

No exceptions written into the law itself.

Which means it's illegal.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 26-1-1 , it shall be unlawful for a person less than 21 years of age to purchase, consume, possess, or to transport any alcohol, liquor or malt or brewed beverages within the State of Alabama.

Illegal.

So you go to the store in Alabama. Your mother buys wine for cooking dinner. Being 20 you drive your mother to the store and home. You've broken the law, however, and probably don't realize it. What are they really trying to accomplish?

Transport should only be illegal underage for open beverages.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7
What are they really trying to accomplish?

Who knows what Alabama is trying to accomplish with anything, it's one of the most backwards states in the Union.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I guess it's kind of a shame that other than hardcore prescription drugs, kids under a lot of stess really have no legal way of mitigating it. And kids are damaged by stress just like adults. At least vaping, even if it's just nicotine, seems like a comparatively safe and relatively affordable way for kids to reduce stress with minimal dangerous side-effects. If anything, they need to lower or abolish age restrictions, as well as produce products that are specifically designed for children and would address specific problems. I personally would have loved something like that when I was a (probably) autistic kid struggling to survive as a teenager. Something other than Ritalin or a brain-numbing anti-depressant.

Someday in the near future when it will be common for kids to vape a nicotine or cannabis derivative to reduce stress and increase concentration, we'll all seem like clueless, reactive barbarians.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join