It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 24

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The most furry of footwear. I like a good slipper. They are so homely and there is no shame in having a pair of extra shoes "just to walk round the house in."

I haven't worn slippers in years, not hinting or anything. Cough cough! It's one of those boring presents nobody envies, until you realise you are old, alone and don't have a pair of extra shoes "just to walk round the house in."

On a scale of 1 to 10 a slipper is an eight or at least a seven. Gold. Per foot.
edit on 20/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Thank you Lone! I absolutely love a good rescue story! Now the beautiful owl can go on with his life and fly free.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Happy holidays to all of you, regardless of everything.

-Japi

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Been thinking of you Fin and wishing well this holiday season.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Great choice Nyiah!

Sounds like you guys will have a lovely Christmas.

We sure will now that I've finished decorating almost 10 dozen gingerbread & sugar cookies XD Those got put into holiday containers and sent off with the kids to their friends' houses to give away today.
I did three icing flavors -- basic vanilla, lemon vanilla, and peppermint vanilla. The peppermint vanilla is a big hit so far, though I'm not too crazy about it (I like the lemon vanilla best) I did the gingerbread men wrong, though -- I put the mouth and eyes on before I did the fill icing, I should have filled them in first and THEN put the eyes & mouth on, d'oh. That made filling them in much slower and much more painstaking than it needed to be, in effort to not goop up the eyes and mouth. Took me entirely too many hours to do a couple dozen ginger men, grr. Next year, I need to buy fine tips for the pastry bags, the set I have it just too big. I ended up compensating by snipping the very tip of the bags off and using it as the fine tip, but it's not rigid, so there was some waviness to the outlines and faces when it caught/dragged on some surface dough peaks.

We did frosty blue snowflakes, green trees (obviously) and plum purple gingerbread men, and bubblegum pink gingerbread men (the latter two being the kids' favorite colors) And there were sprinkles/glitter sugar/hard candies galore used to embellish everything. Pro-tip: don't let kids do the embellishment decorating, it'll be insta-diabetes by the time they're done, lol.

OH! And the grand total for royal icing was a solid 11 cups of the stuff. That was a lot of dang cookies outlined & iced over several days' time...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
Happy holidays to all of you, regardless of everything.

-Japi

Thank you so much for the well wishes Fin. I wish you much peace over the holidays and a sense of knowing how much you are loved. We are concerned because we care.. some care very deeply for you. Please go into the New Year knowing that deep in your heart.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
< cackles >

Both kids were reading the weather forecast for tomorrow, "Oh, it's going to be 45*? It's going to be warm, we won't need our coats outside tomorrow, YAY!"
LMAO XD

They probably won't need them, a sweater suffices at that temp now, lol. Even hubby called 45* "sweater weather". I just looked at him and said, "So, I should break out the bikini for me, and banana hammock for you, right? Suntanning weather tomorrow?" It was well-worth the hard snort of amusement he did

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

The most furry of footwear. I like a good slipper. They are so homely and there is no shame in having a pair of extra shoes "just to walk round the house in."

I haven't worn slippers in years, not hinting or anything. Cough cough! It's one of those boring presents nobody envies, until you realise you are old, alone and don't have a pair of extra shoes "just to walk round the house in."

On a scale of 1 to 10 a slipper is an eight or at least a seven. Gold. Per foot.

I have a pair of slippers myself, they're Eric Cartman from South Park, with his box of Cheesy Poofs. They're older than the hills, but in great shape and VERY warm. Hubs will swipe them from time to time, but he hates them -- they're a bit bulky (or should I say, big-boned? lol)

Toasty, cozy slippers are a very underrated gift, and you're right in that nobody thinks they need a pair, until they come to their senses & do

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You already sparkle. Shine on. Shine on.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

You already sparkle. Shine on. Shine on.

Wax on ... wax off.

P

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

"Easy" hair removal. Listen for the screams. That really does hurt.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

An early Christmas gift...You returned home.
That made my night.
Always know that these doors are open and the light is always on for you.

In case you didn't know, you are part of the magic that breathes life into this place with your thoughtfulness, always being there for everyone no matter what, bringing your awesome music and things to ponder, sharing your daily life and adventures in the world. You're a beautiful soul and it is recognized and appreciated, always.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Your cookies sound awesome. I kind of miss the days of decorating cookies and making fudge and whatnot, but I end up eating too much of what I make.

You have such a lovely little family Nyiah.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Awww, you're the sweetest! Thank you Skiddy!

Did you get the girls some special xmas cookies? I have been seeing the cutest stocking stuffer for dogs lately.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

"Easy" hair removal. Listen for the screams. That really does hurt.

Well, she can go deep into the forest if she is going to start screaming in self inflicted pain.

If she goes out far away ... and no one hears the screams ... then it didn't really hurt.

And there is also no record of the scream so did she scream in actual fact or didn't she?

The logical extension and conclusion is that you need to wax on and wax off, go deep into the forest and it will not cause pain.

Wanna go deep into the forest and watch elves waxing their bikini lines.

Do elves wear bikinis ?

Hey! Opportunity arises. Fill the Elven stockings with bikinis and wax.

So wax on ... wax off ... is painless.

Bikini on ... bikini off ... is ???

Schroeder's Bikini? Does he have one? Is it on or off or both at the same time.

P

edit on 20/12/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I went to the spot where the old shed was. Brought back traumatic memories of mother and father moving away one day while I was at the park.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Do elves wear bikinis ?

Why do we need bikinis? Be one with the water and exist in nature as nature intended. That is said by Night Star the Elf, not Night Star the poster.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

It's the same Shed. We didn't abandon you DOE. Have a pixie drink.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join