It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German music and what it tells about Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Is music idiological? Does what you hear say anything about you as a person? These are well-known German bands/interpreters, all of them politically more left-wing - that means in Germany: the average person, young and old, listen to it. What I want to say: These are the people who carry on our culture and thus achieve more than all the populists and scaremongers put together. That's why I like my country. We are diverse. Music and football - everyone in the world understands that. Maybe some of you are curious, because these selected pieces tell more about Germany than any contributions on any internet platforms. By the way, there are also 'right' bands, but you can't listen to them because they just roar, grumble and don't know their instruments (neither does the German language). Peace from Munich!

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

I wish you the best of luck with your diversity.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

I wish you the best of luck with your diversity.

Like almost all civilized countries in the world, Germany is diverse, which means that people of all origins, political attitudes, religions, etc. live peacefully together here. And that for decades. By the way, America is one of the most diverse countries in the world - that's what this country is based on. In addition: Man has been wandering since he existed. No borders or walls prevent that.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Peacefully together???

Walls on borders had been used since ancient times.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

To be honest, this OP makes me feel slightly sick. It's like listening to victims who have been held against their will for years an who claim to feel sorry for their captor [Stockholm syndrome].
I can't see any of the music you posted, it's just a black square, could be my computer.
I listen to a variety of German Rock and stoner bands [amongst others] and one genre I really love is German Medieval Metal.
It fills my heart with happiness and pride of our history [loooong before the nasty, nasty WW2 crap].
Looking at the fan base, they feel the same.
I say it here, I love having a few foreigners in our country. Those who appreciate us and our culture but in the same way that everything in excess can kill you, even water, flooding our beautiful land with those who hate our culture, don't want to be part of it, abuse our generosity, cause more crime than we would have had without them, too many and without checks and with no care about the natives is disgusting. It is treason, it is nasty and vile and all that so that people like you can 'feel' good and sit on their idiotic high horses.
How does it feel to destroy 1000s of years old heritage?

edit on 18-12-2019 by Hecate666 because: who cares]

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Like almost all civilized countries....

Are japan, China, Russia not "civilized" ? Those are pretty ethnically monolitic cultures, no ?

And yes...you are right...Germany, together with US, UK, France and nordic countries are "most" diverse. They are also the ones having the most problems these days...exactly due to this "diversity". Because you are so diverse, US elected Trump, UK is Brexiting, Germany is seeing a rise of conservative, and even extreme right parties. And Nordics that are now slowly reversing course on the "diversity".

These are all fruits of diversity. But you diverse types are so often detached from what is going on in the real world. So, dont be puzzled why are Brits leaving, why is Trump going to win another term...you keep being angry at the "uncivilized" ones.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

To be honest, this OP makes me feel slightly sick. It's like listening to victims who have been held against their will for years an who claim to feel sorry for their captor [Stockholm syndrome].
I can't see any of the music you posted, it's just a black square, could be my computer.
I listen to a variety of German Rock and stoner bands [amongst others] and one genre I really love is German Medieval Metal.
It fills my heart with happiness and pride of our history [loooong before the nasty, nasty WW2 crap].
Looking at the fan base, they feel the same.
I say it here, I love having a few foreigners in our country. Those who appreciate us and our culture but in the same way that everything in excess can kill you, even water, flooding our beautiful land with those who hate our culture, don't want to be part of it, abuse our generosity, cause more crime than we would have had without them, too many and without checks and with no care about the natives is disgusting. It is treason, it is nasty and vile and all that so that people like you can 'feel' good and sit on their idiotic high horses.
How does it feel to destroy 1000s of years old heritage?

Hömma, ich hatte gerade nen netten Döner, so wat haste in der ganzen Geschichte von Deutschland/HRRDN/Germanien nicht gesehen.

Ich mag meine ausländischen Freunde. Aber ich wähle ja auch nicht die peinliche AfD.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Meh...the Scorpions would kick all.their arses.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
God bless Germany and her people. I've been there twice, the countryside is beautiful and I wish her well.

That said, I have a feeling the long and apparently repetitive history of Germany's genocidal actions, war mongering, bloodshed, barbarism, arrogance and deep rooted desire to periodically disrupt the rest of the western world might have a much longer and stronger impact on history than recycled hippie music.

'Populist and scaremongers' (or musicians) aren't going to be that nations problem:

Historians are.

Peace back to Munich.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Meh...the Scorpions would kick all.their arses.

I just bought a copy of Blackout - their best album in my oppinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Maybe out of politeness you can keep it English. I am a German in the UK. You can love your foreign friends all you like, but it ain't normal to be so naive.
Alos I'd appreciate if someone would actually read the post they comment on. I have probably more 'foreign' friends and worked with hundreds more than you will ever meet in your life. I liked most of them. They were educated and contributed positively to this [UK] country.
I have also had my fair share [again far more than will ever happen to you] of very bad experiences with those uneducated, illegal or plain nasty foreigners. I have been held at knifepoint, been insulted, spat at in front of a mosque just for being a female in working attire.
I had some of these 'beautiful' people actually enter the extended family just to prove how nasty and closed minded they really were.
I had to fear for our lives after 7/7 here as we still lived in London at the time.
I was worried because one day after the latest attack recently on London Bridge, my husband had to walk across it as he had a job in the area.
We even lived around the corner of the lovely foreigners in Woolwich, when they chopped off the head of a Brit in broad daylight. It changes you.
Only a child with no experience in life would be so stupid as to believe they are all lovely, nice, beautiful, enriching, intelligent and love us and our culture and want to dance in a circle, eating flowers.
You have not only no idea about cultures but no idea about the psychology behind being born in a different culture and environment. People like you think they all want to drink latte and be just like you. Wrong. Their brains are actually physically differently hardwired and they will see a different world from you.

Your weakness and niceness is to be exploited and abused. No, not by all of them, please refer to the top of my post.

People like you put people like me in danger. I am not too keen on that. And for what? So that you feel more righteous?
Grow up mate.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I personally love Germany , been to Berlin a few times and it was wonderfull.

Mostly friendly people , and the food is really good and affordable.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Germans and other Europeans seem to be stuck in a constant state of “cucked”..

Ever since Ww2 they are so shamed from their actions they are spending all their time apologizing and pussy footing around so as not to be thought of as nazis or genociders.
So crazy people like the UN and ol Shakey Merkel eat to tell them what to do, flood them with foreigners, and shame them for having any pride if their people /history/culture.

The thing is nobody alive today is responsible for any of that.

They lack that good old fashioned American pride. Pride that might come off as ignorant or cocky, but it’s what gets the job done.

If we aren’t carefull we’ll lose it here too.

Just my opinions, good luck out there.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Best song is China White IMO.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Because over here in the EU , if you show just a teenie tiny bit of pride for your country you will be put in the same group as the Ultra Right.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I think I can tell exactly how old you are

The thing is artists tend to be more globalist than nationalist because they move around and meet more people.
I'd really hate to think they'd be the crown of the human race because most are awefully stupid. More traumatised by life, challenges and experiences maybe but emotional struggle and an open mind almost never amount to a decent or even bearable human.

Actors are even worse, I don't know why anybody should give a # what they got to say? Your local prostitutes and drug addicts probably got more to say about reality and life than those people.

And they call themselves "artists" ha! No.

Just my opinion and I don't mind, everybody has their issues I don't judge as long as we're clear about them being the bottom not the top.
Now shut up and sing, Dirk...

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
When I think of German music...KrautRock and folk comes to the fore.

edit on 18-12-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join