It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Article On Why The United States Is So Secretive About UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
These ufo's are so concerned about nuclear weapons because the last round of humans (pre 50,000 years ago) had them too.
They know how devastating the weapons are and will do anything they can to stop them being used.

Where are they living today? I can only think of 4 places. The far side of the moon, deep into Antartica, in the oceans, or inner Earth.
They were far more advanced than we are today. They were almost totally wiped out by nuclear war, the few that were left were affected by the devastating radiation and are now 'greys'

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The U.S, or any other government to military cannot accept, or admit that there is the likely hood of an other intelligence thay can just waltz right into their backyard(airspace). Especially since it will more then likely scare it competition too.

It would be just bad form on their part, and would probably make look helpless. And knowing the military that is a big no, no. Also the fact they have a hard time to propagate any actual knowledge of a said intelligence for a motive says alot too.

edit on 18-12-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
That the military heads are so worried about their weapon toys is conclusive proof that they have an awfully, awfully hard time imagining PEACE as a solution. Time to evolve. Some fixed ideas are not sustainable in the long run.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Secret Knowledge

Exactly and they even warned us about that.

That is.. IF you believe the journal of Admiral Byrd. There he stated that the "people" he met down in Antarctica actually observed our nuclear explorations and warned about it.

So this story makes the Admiral Byrd journal more believable imo.
edit on 18-12-2019 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: nemonimity
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'm going with secret advanced Terran civilization that doesn't want history to repeat itself, having already suffered through the last planetary nuclear war.

This is what I think is most likely. Remainders from the past (whether the rest of civilization previously collapsed or left), who maintained (and probably advanced) their tech over the years.

As to why they "operate in the shadows", probably beyond our understanding. Its as if they want civilization to play out, but perhaps within a set of boundaries.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
shawmanfromny, good thread, thank you.

I have some comments to offer regarding the cited article.

Has humanity's perfection of nuclear energy piqued someone or something's curiosity in us?

Here I think the article author has set up a preconceived notion and is attempting to depict it as a fact. Sure, UFO activity has been noted around U.S. military bases and ships associated with nuclear weapons.

But let's not go too fast with this idea. Anyone recall J. Vallée's Passport to Magonia ? It seems useful to remember that UFO activity and entity reports LONG predate human development of [initially] atomic weapons. My take is that "someone" has, by whatever means, been engaged with this world and its inhabitants for much longer than since the mid-20th century.

On the contrary, UFOs appear to be quite friendly, except when rather ill-advised Russian aircrews attempt to engage them.

I don't understand the "quite friendly" statement. "Largely non-hostile" could be used for the cases that are known ... but one wonders about reports like the Hopkinsville Goblins and the many who believe they are victims of abduction by entities unknown.

And seeing as those technologies are almost certainly built around space-time manipulation

"Almost certainly" is errant nonsense. The bald truth is that we have NO evidence that tells us what these things are, much less their principle of operation. We only have reports of highly anomalous objects that exhibit maneuver we can only dream of. But, from that realization, there is no direct leap to practically being confident that manipulation of space and time is taking place.

Just don't count on the military to share more of what it knows anytime soon. Their understanding of the phenomena and professional instincts weigh heavily toward more secrecy.

I agree with the first part here, but have doubts about how much "understanding" any of the world's military forces have regarding the phenomena. From a military person's POV, there is more than one reason for keeping what little they do know under wraps.

And considering their ability to cloak, there's only one obvious answer as to why they let themselves be seen.

Another too confident assumption. Maybe they can cloak their operation in our world ... or perhaps something else determines if they are visible to us or detectable by our devices.

What to make of the article ? As I mentioned, I think it mostly revolves around a, or some, preconceived notion[s]. Thankfully, the article is classed as "opinion", and as such, I have no issue there. But I don't see advantage in leaping to conclusions that we have no call to make based on the available data.

As a bit of personal disclosure, I should mention that I don't believe the government knows what UFOs are. I am not convinced there is a centralized intelligence activity studying them. I think it far more likely that, here and there, various offices in the government are interested in specific aspects of the phenomena. Some of those offices may have made genuine advances towards understanding the problem they are examining ... or not.

I agree with the author's assertion that the government, lacking much of anything authoritative to say, prefers not to confirm the reality of the phenomena. I think the author correct that confirmation of such, along with an admission of inability to do much about it on our part, carries a risk of social disorder.

Cheers
edit on 18-12-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: than --> they

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: nemonimity
I like this idea. Like our ancestors had more tech than we ever knew. Then went underground, under ocean and interstellar or at least deeper into our solar system. Who knows but it's a fun idea for the imagination. I think some of it ties into the electrical properties of the earth, sun and solar system that are rarly talked about.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
I like this idea. Like our ancestors had more tech than we ever knew. Then went underground, under ocean and interstellar or at least deeper into our solar system. Who knows but it's a fun idea for the imagination. I think some of it ties into the electrical properties of the earth, sun and solar system that are rarly talked about.

Probably a good indicator our civilization was first is we found all the metal ores and oil and coal lying right on or near the surface, easy to get with primitive technology. A previous technological civilization would, like we’ve done, consumed all the easily-accessible mineral resources leaving none for their successors for millions of years of slow geological replenishment.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well, I think they will keep their secrets until they have built up the new Space Force.
Not that any machines of ours can compete with the visitors crafts but because people will be less afraid if we have an "awesome Space Force" when they finally disclose information on the alien prescence.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think one of these two things could be going on regarding the nukes. Either they are watching us because they know this technology is destructive and could lead to our annihilation so they check up on us and would intervene in stopping us OR they aren't familiar with our nuke tech but have seen it's destructive force and would intervene if something happened but are also curious about it at the same time. I know it might sound a little goofy but is splitting and annihilating atoms necessarily required to be an advanced space or inter-dimensional traveling race? It's possible they harness energy in totally different ways then we can even think of or we have thought of but don't have the tech to do it. I imagine though that when these show up by a carrier fleet or nuke sub, ICBM silos etc, that it is very unnerving and possibly tense because you don't know what the hell could happen. I have to wonder if Russian, Chinese etc experience these things around their nuke related stuff?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Can anybody suggest any reasons why military intelligence agencies would be interested in domestic and foreign UFO reports, for decades, even if UFOs weren't 'real' in the accepted sense? Even if -- hypothetically -- all the reports were misperceptions or fantasies?

And in such hypothetical situations, why would they want their interest to remain secret, or at least, nebulous?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

And in such hypothetical situations, why would they want their interest to remain secret, or at least, nebulous?

A balance of hypothetical knowledge akin to a nuclear balance of power?

However, if ALL nation states were hypothetically aware that the phenomenon is misperception/fantasy across the board, then there would be no reason at all to maintain a secret interest. In other words, they would know nothing at all about extracurricular ET activity because... erm... there wouldn't BE any, and, ergo, nothing to hide.

But that would collapse a widespread and rather profitable conspiracy theory within ufology, Jim!

edit on 18-12-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Can anybody suggest any reasons why military intelligence agencies would be interested in domestic and foreign UFO reports, for decades, even if UFOs weren't 'real' in the accepted sense? Even if -- hypothetically -- all the reports were misperceptions or fantasies?

Because any such UFO could be a foreign military asset? I'm *guessing* that would be interesting for military intelligence agencies. Yes, even *if* hypotethically all reports where misperceptions and fantasies the very thought of an unmanned nuclear powered AI drone with oled plated stealth tech dropping out of the sky would make some drool.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Again with disclosure nonsense??? Could you recognize the reality that it’s surrounding military assets because, it’s military in nature?? Ever hear about radar scrambling? Now imagine how far that tech has gone in 50+ years. Probably could look a lot like idk, a tic tac? Your disclosure isn’t coming, no matter how much you want it. a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I am sure the US would know ‘if’ they were a real phenomenon they wouldn’t be a foreign power on account that apart from some rockets or missiles, the US is far more advanced in engine design, aircraft design, manoeuvrability and materials.

Case in point, the Russians barely have a strategic bomber fleet, if they could create massive triangles they wouldn’t be flogging the Bears and Tupolovs just to fly down the English Channel.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

I think the Tic Tac was a flir image not a radar return but may be mistaken.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: merka
Recent interview with Navy pilot who filmed a UFO in the vicinity of his aircraft carrier.

12/19/2019: www.dailymail.co.uk...

What scares the military is that they have no clue if the owners of these craft are FRIEND or FOE. Not if they're human or alien.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I have been saying this for years, many cases of ufo's being seen and suddnely nuclear systems being shut down or watched. The Rendlesham Forest incident for instance, nuclear missile were kept here. Fukashima, when the reactor was to blow, it suddenly, and mysteriously was deactivated and never did blow. Time and time again along with the great evidence the OP has provided. They are here to protect our messy ways, they are clearly trying to stop us killing ourselves before we reach the point we need to.

Maybe we have done this time and time again, gaining extreme technological advancement and then totalling ourselves.

Maybe they (maybe they are us) are trying to help us progress without ending a good thing too soon.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
What about all the UFO sightings pre WW2?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Yes or energies of this earth that are concerned that nuclear devices may cause damage on their reality that coexists beside ours... Or did I just say what you said in a different way.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join