It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Wife and I are Having a Friendly War With Bands On Alexa

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Groot

A genre would help..

Genre is all over the place.

From hard rock to cajun, blues to progressive.

We have a varied musical taste. God help me if she starts throwing in Gino or George Benson, Might have to counter Sting's soul cages or Animals by Pink Floyd. Maybe some Junior Brown ?

Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks. Ie : I scare myself".
And "White Bird" by its a Beautiful Day"...
13th floor Elevators-"Psychotic Reaction"...
"Mickey's Monkey"-Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
"Turn on your Love Light"-Bobby Blue Band.

*Then there's my band. We have over 10 top 10 hits from that era. I've never done this here...but if anyone can figure it out...I will reveal their and my real names!!! (I've never been here for self promo...ever.)

Thank you for posting. My wife and I had fun last night.

Now, you sir, have sent me down a serious musical rabbit hole.

Great. We are in Billboard's Top 100 groups of all time....

From Detroit? What genre may I ask.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Instrumentals

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

If you want to win you have to learn to fight dirty. I suggest this but do not listen to it yourself. It WILL harm you.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Instrumentals

Need more hints....

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Friday night mix up...

edit on 20-12-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

We helped invent a type of music, now scenes in movies and even the Sopranos have used us, and we were are still relevant and making $$ quartlerly round the world.

Still big in the UK, Netherlands etc...after 50 years, our "local" Detroit band went on to American Bandstand. Still under Sony & Universal, several instruments at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, and Rolling Stone and Billboard's Top 100 instrumental groups...
OK, youre next!*

I'm not too well these days and was thinking about an avatar identity w/reveal, and an "Ask me anything" thread as I've been on the front of R&R...may run it by mods and admins soon...

Didnt I understand you're from or near Detroit, or Mich?
edit on 21-12-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Didnt I understand you're from or near Detroit, or Mich?

About 5 hours away in Louisville, Kentucky.

You should start a thread, what would it hurt. I am sure it would be very interesting.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

BTW, I posted a question as to who you are to my local radio station through an email, which is an awesome non commercial independent station because they play everything and funded by member donations.

wfpk.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

BTW, I posted a question as to who you are to my local radio station through an email, which is an awesome non commercial independent station because they play everything and funded by member donations.

wfpk.org...

There's enough Google or Duck Duck Go on me and quadruple on the group.

There are many iinterviews on/by me and mentions to explain. I was a chaperoned 13yr old lead guitarist in the union, Local 5 Junior Guild in the mid-60's. Always playing with 5 to 10 yrs older guys than me.

I may at least admit and post links...perhaps! I've been that and more on Emergency Response Teams and Security.

Never hiding, nor wanting any more publicity...I realize others may find the early history of rock n Roll and all those we played with interesting.

I think I may reach out to you and your wife...best of holidays to you...
edit on 22-12-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

wfpk.org...

There are many iinterviews on/by me and mentions to explain. I was a chaperoned 13yr old lead guitarist in the union, Local 5 Junior Guild in the mid-60's. Always playing with 5 to 10 yrs older guys than me.

I may at least admit and post links...perhaps! I've been that and more on Emergency Response Teams and Security.

Never hiding, nor wanting any more publicity...I realize others may find the early history of rock n Roll and all those we played with interesting.

Looking forward to it ! Wishing the best of holidays too you !

My wife and I think have have narrowed it down, but have been busy this weekend to confirm it for sure.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

wfpk.org...

My wife and I think have have narrowed it down, but have been busy this weekend to confirm it for sure.

Thanks for asking...

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

wfpk.org...

Thanks for asking...

Never heard anything back and I am at a loss.

Hope you had a good Christmas and a better New Year !

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

We did, thanks and hope your holiday season is good. I'll share with you in the new year...

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Fire-The Crazy World of Arthur Brown
We ain't got nothin' yet-Blues Magoo's
Up against the wall, M---er F---er-David Peel and the lower East Side
Help, In a Rock!- Frank Zappa/Mother's of Invention
Bird Song-Grateful Dead

Spec. mention - Indian Lady-Don Ellis and his Orchestra (live)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Bird Song-Grateful Dead

Yes, love them all. Been reflecting on this side from a listeners view point versus a musicians view point. You make the music. It may effect you differently than those that listen. Music comes as a point in time, an experience. Music is my time machine, just like smells and tastes. When I listen to a song or music, I experience that time when I heard a song and a certain experience. Sorry, just rambling in a semi drunken state.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Bird Song-Grateful Dead

Yes, love them all. Been reflecting on this side from a listeners view point versus a musicians view point. You make the music. It may effect you differently than those that listen. Music comes as a point in time, an experience. Music is my time machine, just like smells and tastes. When I listen to a song or music, I experience that time when I heard a song and a certain experience. Sorry, just rambling in a semi drunken state.

I was quoted once in an interview. Asked if I felt rewarded? I replied (and it was off the cuff)....that music is reward in itself. No matter the type, kind or style

2 types of sound (chordant-happy and dischordant-sad, moody)...both are valid rewards

Peace, MS
edit on 28-12-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Ever thought about posting in the short story contest ?

It's fun and harmless and kind of fun.....www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Bird Song-Grateful Dead

I was quoted once in an interview. Asked if I felt rewarded? I replied (and it was off the cuff)....that music is reward in itself. No matter the type, kind or style

2 types of sound (chordant-happy and dischordant-sad, moody)...both are valid rewards

Peace, MS

I have pick a guitar and learned a few chords I could manage and came up with some of my on stuff and it was extremely satisfying.

Can't even imagine what you feel.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I do have over 70 blog articles back to 2006, and published books as well. I'm thinking about a "reveal" of the front lines of Rock n Roll history, as I said in the New Year. We'll see....thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join