It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favourite Christmas Cookies?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This week some girls decided to do a cookie exchange. I made peppermint pattie stuffed chocolate cookies, and chocolate chip cookies with Andes mints replacing the chips.

Today I discovered... I don't think I really even like cookies anymore. 😂

Almost everyone else made shortbreads, which.... omg, they're just so dry. They should be renamed saharabreads. But I think that's just me, dry foods really aren't my thing. And one person made "rum balls"... wow. They were... just rum.

Anyways, cookie exchanges are basically torture, and almost stressful. I definitely don't recommend it.

But, what's everyone's favourite Christmas cookie? Dry, or chewy? Chocolate, or gingerbread? Rum, or no rum?

I must have made a thread like this before because I had this picture stashed in my uploads of my signature
peppermint pattie cookies, but I'd love to see all the cookies you weirdos love or hate in 2019!

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
My mother always made wedding cookies and I love them.

Watching the Christmas cookie challenges on the food channel has inspired me.

Time to start baking again.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
My great-grandmother made sugar cookies. When I read the title of this thread I swear I could smell and taste them again.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

The kind in my belly.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

Wedding cookies look delicious, especially the ones shaped like little moons.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The secret is not to do cookies.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

A cake with... jello!?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

A cake with... jello!?

Nobody expects it.

Serve them with jello shots.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I was never much into baking a bunch of cookies at Christmas but I did like these no bake chocolate macaroons or chocolate spiders as we called them.
www.vegandaydream.com...

My sister made awesome fluffy light shortbread cookies that literally fell apart in your mouth with one bite and melted. She always gifted me some every year when she made them and whenever I tried to duplicate her light and fluffy recipe, it failed.

My mother was an awesome cookie and square baker and Christmas meant fresh butter tarts, fruit cake, homemade doughnuts.. and an endless array of goodies. I sorta miss those days, yet I know it’s far better for my health to not be too focused on sugary deserts for the holidays.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

My favorite for Christmas the last 50 years or so was a family divinity recipe.

Melt in your mouth vanilla sugar butter bombs... sometimes with walnuts, sometimes without.

I rarely eat sugar now, but the cold of winter gives me cravings for sweet treats.

I'm half the baker my mother was, although I can make bread rather well.

I too miss the old times when it comes to Christmas.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I just drooled through this whole thread. I'd make a good cookie monster.
Pics of yummy things that I didn't make...

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I make gingersnaps, lemon snowballs, and white chocolate macadamia. I also have a cinnamon chocolate peppermint one I sometimes sub for the snowballs.

I use fresh ingredients - ginger root, lemon zest and juice. They seem to help set mine apart a bit. I also use a pinch of cayenne in the gingersnaps. A good batch tastes bit like those little red hot candies.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
My favorite cookies for Christmas are the sugar cookies with those chocolate stars squished in. Simple but tasty, chew around till you hit the big chocolate star then pop it into your mouth.

I never liked the fancy highly decorated cookies, it seemed such a waste to suck down a cookie that someone spent twenty minutes decorating. On top of that, those food colorings gave the frosting or glaze a bitter taste.

People spend a couple of bucks on a fancy decorated cookie because of all the labor to decorate it. They oooh and aaah, but a plain cookie with some fronsting smeared on it tastes just as good and they sell for a quarter. Now, nobody ooohs and aaahs for the quarter cookie that tastes better.
edit on 15-12-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I miss my Grandma, and her baking. She made peanut butter bon bons, which were delicious, but very, very rich. Also peanut butter cookies with a Hershey's kiss on top. Also, she made the best church windows... I think those are my favorites.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I used to make so many cookie batches for family that relatives would get a 12 x 24 (?) container of them. My favorites:

1. Cranberry gingers - a chewy gingersnap that gets that chew from cranberry sauce in the recipe
2. Wedding cakes
3. 7-layer bars
4. Chocolate-pineapple brownies
5. Rum balls
6. Mocha Frosted Drops - a chewy chocolate cookie with chocolate chips and chocolate frosting. IIRC, both the cookie and frosting have coffee flavor in them
7. Southern Pecan Bars
8. Lemon Bars

#1, 4, 6 and 7 are all from Pillsbury's Bake Off Cookie Book, 1967.

I also love lebkuchen, pfeffernuse and dominosteine, but the commercial ones from Germany are so good, it's hard to justify the labor of making them myself. I am going to try again on dominosteine, tho. That is not an easy cookie/candy. I enjoy a challenge. Usually.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Homemade divinity is so outstanding. Not enough people know.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

LOL! (serving jello shots with the cake that uses jello)
edit on 16-12-2019 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

My favorite for Christmas the last 50 years or so was a family divinity recipe.

May I ask what divinity is ? Never heard of it.. sounds divine ! 😊

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Mmm. Butter tarts! There's a treat I haven't seen in years.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes!!! Cayenne in the gingersnaps! I love a spicy gingersnaps, especially when they're snappy, but also retain that chewy texture.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join