It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Plastic “Zeoform” Turns Hemp Into Almost Anything

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

I will not argue further with anyone as intellectually astute as you.

lol, I think the fumes of that chair have got to you.

We really enjoy your threads.

Thanks, I really enjoy this site and members like you.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

All wood, 1850's era, upholstery of
cotton stuffing and silk like top
fabric. If it was good enough for
Honest Abe, it is good enough for me.

The only "fumes" around here are when I
stupidly burn the pan and call the
kettle black.

Best of the holidays to you!
Oh yeah, did you read this? phys.org...

edit on 19-12-2019 by Wildmanimal because: specify

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Politicians and the upper tiers are now investing in hemp. Why is hemp suddenly legalized? So they can make money from it. If they aren’t getting the green, it’s illegal. CBD is having its big push as a wonder drug suddenly and it’s no big deal after decades of “we need more research” which we still hear the same claim, but now it’s OK to sell.

It’s always a sales pitch and half truths.
a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Because we are running out of trees and forests and hemp is a viable alternative to the use of wood/pulp where a multitude of both wood and paper products are concerned.

Then there are the medicinal/recreational properties to consider also.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Politicians and the upper tiers are now investing in hemp. Why is hemp suddenly legalized? So they can make money from it. If they aren’t getting the green, it’s illegal. CBD is having its big push as a wonder drug suddenly and it’s no big deal after decades of “we need more research” which we still hear the same claim, but now it’s OK to sell.

It’s always a sales pitch and half truths.
a reply to: rickymouse

CBD does have some medical applications but is far from a wonder drug. It slightly dopes people because that is what endocanabinoids do, they lower your ability to reason properly. I have epilepsy and could use it as a treatment but I do not want to be dumbed down with CBD oil. I actually have some capsules and they do work but it takes away my desire to research things. Taurine is better, with a little molybdenmum supplement it works great and also has other health benefits...but that combo is also not a wonder drug, it has certain things it helps to treat.

Yeah, I would bet that congressmen are getting in on investing in the cannabis, after all it does dumb down the population and makes it easy to pull the wool over their eyes.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I would bet that some politician was highly invested in some company that made stuff like nylon rope or synthetic fabrics and pushed for Hemp growing to be made illegal

Partially.

It was primarily DuPont/Rockefeller and oil, then to a lesser degree DuPont/Cellophane, and to an even lesser extent, William Randolph Hearst and paper. Hemp was all set to be the fuel of choice for the burgeoning auto industry, the source of choice for plastics and paper. The act of outlawing Hemp was one of the biggest, yet virtually unknown betrayals to our nations Farmers and our environment, in history.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Stupid potheads, you can't replace oil with hemp to make plastics on any scale that matters.

Even if you have solar powered LEDs, unlimited space, robot cultivation armies and an endless supply of fresh water and nutrients it would still not come close to the cost of using oil to make plastic and as long as you recycle your going to create far more pollution with hemp plastic anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
Stupid potheads, you can't replace oil with hemp to make plastics on any scale that matters.

Pro hemp people are not pot heads. Hemp cannot be used to get high. Only stupid people think that you can get high on hemp.

Even if you have solar powered LEDs, unlimited space, robot cultivation armies and an endless supply of fresh water and nutrients it would still not come close to the cost of using oil to make plastic and as long as you recycle your going to create far more pollution with hemp plastic anyway.

I haven't even looked at this aspect - care to share some actual evidence to back this up?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join