It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSINESS: America: #22; 49; 54 and Falling Fast

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
even though u may be true about the poor, the fact that there is not any biss of america anymore is blasphemy. the avg weekly wage for an american is $739, while teh average chinese in a urban setting makes $1,698...annualy(so rougly every 2 weeks an american matches a chinese anuall salary)and keep in mind thats urban, which means not including farmers. in other words im giving them the benefit of the doubt.

its no news that euro has alot of biss. they always have i, cant remember the last time luxembourgh was not #1 in national avg salary. and the banking coment is a given, lets not forget when u say euro you are including diff countries with diffs systems(aside from the euro). as far as banking they have swiss banks...ie rothchilds.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yup, America is a horrible place...

Our economy sees something like three times as much growth as Europe, we have half the unemployment less debt, and a higher GDP on average, but we're really doing horrible.

Our hospitals are horrible, even though you get the best treatment. It's not as good as in Europe and Canada, where people using the free system might never get to see a doctor, or have to wait hours upon hours, even to where they die waiting.

The best universities in the world are in America. Europeans come here for education, not the other way around. The richest corporations are in America.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
More comments about the above topic from a very similar thread posted yesterday...Read me.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

A couple of people have said America has plenty of food. That's not true anymore. It used to be, but in 2004, for the first time ever, shortfalls in grain production necessitated a huge import spree. We're no longer even capable of feeding ourselves. I think this is due in large part to the subsidies program.

In part true - but the Great plains/Ogallala aquifer is almost dry. The aquifer is the ancient lake running under 8 states including the American Breadbasket.

America's ability to feed herself is about gone - can't happen without water.

Texas 'Rule of Capture' Water Fight Heats Up

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disturbed Deliverer
Yup, America is a horrible place...

Our economy sees something like three times as much growth as Europe, we have half the unemployment less debt, and a higher GDP on average, but we're really doing horrible.

Our hospitals are horrible, even though you get the best treatment. It's not as good as in Europe and Canada, where people using the free system might never get to see a doctor, or have to wait hours upon hours, even to where they die waiting.

The best universities in the world are in America. Europeans come here for education, not the other way around. The richest corporations are in America.

:sigh: I know you're disturbed, and I know you're a believer, but do you have any proof?

I've waited for hours in American emergency rooms. Once for seven hours with a girlfriend who had a head wound. Once for four and a half hours, puking blood into a napkin sweetly provided by the receptionist.

The best universities maybe, but graduate students are abandoning our country in record numbers. America is no longer the education mecca it used to be.

The richest corporations are certainly here, you're right about that. But last time I checked their big houses and fancy cars and many mistresses don't help me pay the bills or find a good paying job.

Keep rooting for your team believer. I'm sure our emperor has room for many minnows...

(Some will get that and laugh, others will get that and cringe, still others will stare dumbly at the screen for hours wondering why the hell I'm talking about fish...)

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not for nothing but South Africa has been a developed country for a long time.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
ok the water comment was a bit retarded, im sry.

water dosent just dissapear, it will be back, aside from that it gets dropped in other locations, and we are surronded by an ocean which we at the moment use ocean water for drinking etc. belive it or not, we just bring it to filtering plants(cant remember real name).

1st america is the #tiest place in the world, now were running out of water? dear god this is turning into con. theory that aliens are taking earths water...

edit: typoes(damn wrk keyboard:-p)

[edit on 3/8/2005 by Zach]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I wouldn't say South Africa is undeveloped...

I would say they're uncivilized. They have the highest rape statistics in all the world. Now there's something to be proud of...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The best universities maybe, but graduate students are abandoning our country in record numbers. America is no longer the education mecca it used to be.

About US unversities:

* Foreign applications to U.S. grad schools declined 28 percent last year. Foreign student enrollment on all levels fell for the first time in three decades, but increased greatly in Europe and China. Last year Chinese grad-school graduates in the U.S. dropped 56 percent, Indians 51 percent, South Koreans 28 percent (NYT, Dec. 21, 2004). We're not the place to be anymore.

About US science:

* "The European Union leads the U.S. in...the number of science and engineering graduates; public research and development (R&D) expenditures; and new capital raised" (The European Dream, p.70).

* "Europe surpassed the United States in the mid-1990s as the largest producer of scientific literature" (The European Dream, p.70).

* Nevertheless, Congress cut funds to the National Science Foundation. The agency will issue 1,000 fewer research grants this year (NYT, Dec. 21, 2004).

I won't even talk about public education and American literacy.

We have problems. Big problems. And we don't have a hope of fixing them if we can't even admit they exist.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
lets not forget that other CEOS/execs in other countries are so much better about there money, id love to see the article that says euro CEOS give money to charity and live # lives...

and yes the health care system in america sux balls, but it really is nothing compared to canada/britain...honestly just ask them...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Soficrow the thread on the ogallala aquifer is a fact.

that boones pickens is a numberone snake,who, if isnt stopped will suck it dry faster than he did oklahoma oil.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i don't think its that were not admitting it, america has tons of problems, but compared to other countries we are far from sucking...

you need to relise that under the weight of life things SEEM much better on the other side(DMB for life) but the truth is we all are in the same boat and we all are going through the same problems, and yes its very reacurring...just look it up, perfect example the american rev sparked the french rev and so on and so forth...these were era problems for the gov't of the time.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zach

1st america is the #tiest place in the world, now were running out of water? dear god this is turning into con. theory that aliens are taking earths water...

No Zach. No conspiracy. No aliens. Mismanagement and the rule of capitalism. The breadbasket was developed using irrigation - which pretty much sucked the aquifer dry between 1950 and 2000. Then an oil baron Texan named T. Boone Pickens stopped looking for oil and started selling water - from the aquifer. So much for the last drops.

The aquifer was millions of years in the making. No way can a few rain showers fill it back up.

...You need to make a little effort to educate yourself a bit better Zach. The links all have been provided to you - you don't even have to search.

And FYI - the information about the aquifer comes from US government sources.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
"You have voted soficrow for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

You've done it again. Though you understand all these surveys are just liberal lies

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
i didnt give a time frame for the auqafur to refill it self im saying it will...
im not denying it being empty, im saying that water dosent just dissapear...and the fact that america will fall from lack of water is absolutly ludacris to consider.

and of coarse the personal insult about educating myself was soo nessicary, whats that they say "desperate times call for desperate measures"

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

the U.S. [was]...37th." In the fairness of health care, we're 54th. "The irony is that the United States spends more per capita for health care than any other nation in the world" (The European Dream, pp.79-80). Pay more, get lots, lots less.

source: The European Dream
That should say it all....

[sarcasm] Absolutely no bias in that book whatsoever! [/sarcasm]
I'd rather get my facts from a fish.

Words, so called "facts", and ideas can turn hairy when your a country with a hard-on for another, as well as having your own agenda to spread.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by TrueLies]

Odd

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
don't waste time being offended, Zach... you get six of these f*ckers in a room together and they think they've established a revolution, or at least a majority.

let them have their fun; they're extremely rare in the real world, so they don't get much of a chance to speak with one another.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
If America was such a bad place why is it attracting record investment dollars from over seas?

Prove it.

A survey of global real estate investors last year showed that the United States continues to rank as the No. 1 country for "stable and secure" property investments, with Washington as foreign investors' top city.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001

A survey of global real estate investors last year showed that the United States continues to rank as the No. 1 country for "stable and secure" property investments, with Washington as foreign investors' top city.

I'm sure the real estate investors know exactly what they're talking about - Asia is pushing US estate real estate because they're trading in home commodities - and Europeans and Japanese are still buying all the agricultural land they can, partly because most other countries won't let furrinners own all their land and resources. The fools.

Still would like to see a link tho.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
don't waste time being offended, Zach... you get six of these f*ckers in a room together and they think they've established a revolution, or at least a majority.

let them have their fun; they're extremely rare in the real world, so they don't get much of a chance to speak with one another.

Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you. - Bill hicks

Cryptspora
Where is that quote from? It's disembodied, so we have no idea as to its relevance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join