It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a trap being set for Trump in the Senate trial?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

yeah no way the republicans vote to remove the golden goose for the plans for the future of the judiciary and If/when he wins in 2020 hes looking at getting to replace Ginsberg and Bryer who are the old ones on the court, and possibly Clarence Tomas if he too decides to retire under trumps 2nd term then it goes from 5-4 to 7-2 and no way in the hell they give up that shot

being blunt that is perhaps 75% of why trump was chosen over Clinton no one was willing to gamble with what she would have attempted to do to the courts

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha i don't think so he'd probably throw his hand in and attack from the outside he's still got a lot of public support for what he's done so far just saying

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015 ahh there you are i was wondering when you would show

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I've never done the math.

Holy hell! it only takes 20 repubs to vote no !!

But your right. That's assuming every dem votes no.
But still that's much closer than I ever thought.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
This article from The Hill explores the idea that Trump might fall into a trap in the Senate trial.

Bingo. I think that pretty well sums it up. And these idiot politicians seem not to get the message that a rising majority of Americans are SICK of establishment, career politicians, and want to maintain an outsider in that office for that very reason. Draining the swamp is more important than ever these days, as we can see what vitriolic partisan hatred has produced in country: A circus show, while The President is just trying to get things DONE.

I take it you are not partisan then...right?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
But , what is the "trap" ?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: dfnj2015
What has he done other than lower taxes for the Billionaires?

While the media and his critics focused on the bitterly divided House impeachment hearings, President Trump this week collected the most agenda wins yet, policy victories, including some backed by Democrats, that bolster arguments he’s making for reelection, according to advisers and analysts.

From adding judges to foreign policy, trade, immigration, defense spending, and China, Trump added several more achievements he will tout when he hosts his next campaign rally, standing in front of a 2020 “Promises Kept” sign.

"It was one of his best weeks yet," said a key White House adviser.

Funny isn't it, he's off working and getting things done while the other half of our gov and most of our media are wasting time and tax dollars trying their best to get him impeached. You have to give credit where credit is due, Trump's a trooper against all odds.

edit on 14-12-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
But , what is the "trap" ?

I was left scratching my head on that too.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

There appears to be a common thread that runs through all of this opposition and stated hatred: “He is not part of the club. He is not one of us. He can’t be controlled.”

The real problem here is not that he cannot be controlled but rather that HE CANNOT EVEN CONTROL HIMSELF

No offense, but that isn't the REAL problem here.
The REAL problem is how much restraint and impulse control will be exercised by Cult45 supporters if he's removed from office forcibly.
The outliers are the REAL problem.

ganjoa
edit on 2019-12-15 by ganjoa because: no quote slash

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

In my younger says it was always the ''silent majority'' or the entrenched religious leaders who held the ''moral high ground''

No you can't smoke pot cuz, you can't do that in your bedroom, you can't say those words out loud etc and most of them were in the Republican Party. Now a lot of that seems to have flipped.It was the moral high ground to defend the way things have been because it worked so well and that's how it should be in the future but now it seems to be to defend ''this new way of seeing the future because things in the past didn't work so well as you thought.

Thing is though, in my eyes, they are both the same people, controllers. You point out those who seek to do the right thing and there I think you have it and the conundrum as well, when the narcissist and such are those seeking to do the right thing. Would that these ''leaders'' would work on themselves first before striving for positions of control.. I think that when the Constitution was written, the framers knew that potential leaders would have, by the standards of the time, matured by the age of 35 and that is why they put that restriction the the presidency. Now however that seems a wash. Society today seeks to keep people young both physically and mentally. Youth are fed game boys and entertained rather than serious stuff upon which to grow. I don't know here Boad, about that. It's a new thought to me so rather than expanding on it further, I'll just drop it there. Two hundred and fifty years ago, 35 was mature, now it's barely out of puberty..........

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Yeah, I got that ganjoa and that is partly why I am against impeachment. I was all for the impeachment inquiry but impeachment itself now seems a vain affair. Had overwhelming evidence come forth, that is not just a hand full of people buts scores of people with multitudes of evidence come forth, enough so that the blanket of denial could not cover up reality, then I would say go with it, but now it just seems vain. That is unless, as this thread asks, could there be a trap set for Trump. Oh if only.

But were that to happen and he was to be removed, it would be interesting to see how his faithful would act without the legitimacy of the Republican establishment running cover for them.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The impeachment is not about the 2016 election no matter what baby trump says.
He has a single track mind. He knows what he did.
The impeachment is about what he did now for this election.
He put the squeeze on a countries newly elected leader because he thought he could manipulate him.

If there was a secret vote on impeachment trump would be gone before you could say CYA.
Do not kid yourself that these guys like trump and cant wait for this period of their parties history to be over.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

1) Hillary is not running again. Nothing more needs to be said about it.

2) The democrat candidates put themselves up not the DNC and are debating now to gain support of voters. They have to show the DNC they can get votes before they get the actual backing.

3) There are two republicans looking to run against trump but normally the incumbent does not face any challenger from his own party. www.marieclaire.com...

4) Mitch McConnell is not that good an actor to be anything but a trump puppet. Lindsey Graham too.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea
Would that these ''leaders'' would work on themselves first before striving for positions of control.. I think that when the Constitution was written, the framers knew that potential leaders would have, by the standards of the time, matured by the age of 35 and that is why they put that restriction the the presidency. Now however that seems a wash. Society today seeks to keep people young both physically and mentally. Youth are fed game boys and entertained rather than serious stuff upon which to grow. I don't know here Boad, about that. It's a new thought to me so rather than expanding on it further, I'll just drop it there. Two hundred and fifty years ago, 35 was mature, now it's barely out of puberty..........

You make such a good point.

I had a really fantastic high school U.S. History & Constitution teacher, and he went into great detail about the age requirement for president, especially in terms of choosing Washington as the first president. I remember he said that the president should be old enough to have been "tempered" by experience. That it was important for him to be prepared and mentally and emotionally mature enough to handle the good, the bad, and the ugly. That he should have known both hard work and leisure, both success and failure. That he should have known loss and grief and mourning, as well as joy and humor and love. That he should be invested and committed to the land and to the community, to have roots and ties and risks involved, in order to not only understand the needs of the people, but to actually have the same needs as the people.

I've never forgotten that lecture.

We've become a lazy lot. Definitely physically, but also intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually. We're not "tempering" our kids properly. And it is so easily exploited and abused by our leaders.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

1. A sad pall of disappointment, hopelessness and complacency sets in due to the realization that the Republic has fallen.

50% of the nation want him impeached. That is according to a FOX poll.

I don't see them falling into despair.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah, and according to the media, Trump only had a 5% chance of getting elected, too. What part of "Don't you ever, EVER AGAIN trust the media" do you not understand?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: watchitburn

1. A sad pall of disappointment, hopelessness and complacency sets in due to the realization that the Republic has fallen.

I don't see them falling into despair.

What happened to your other lies?

“He will be removed”
“He won’t be on the ticket”
“He will be put in prison”
“His entire family will be in prison”
“Impeached before Halloween”

The 2020 election is 100% going to be another win for President Trump. Fake impeachment or no fake impeachment

So just stop.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I have a huge prediction for everyone.
Trump will not be impeached. Because he has all of DC by
the short little curly ones. Don't ask me how but I think it
is obvious something is going on with guy that most of you
aren't understanding.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Right.

McConnell wants to see his grandchildren grow up.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

reverse the results of the 2016 election and remove a president a number of them openly or privately dislike?

This impeachment is not about reversing the 2016 election. It is about holding to task a president who acts like a moron, makes a fool of himself in the eyes of the world and demonstrates dramatic evidence of being mentally incompetent.

I guess you haven't been following the hearings or the news behind the scenes? That's exactly what this is about. Nothing whatsoever has been proven to be an impeachable offense and none of what you mentioned is either. When you have two (so far) Dem Reps leaving the party because of the shenanigans of their party leaders over this issue, it says a LOT about what's going on in the party.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join