It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas gift ideas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's that season again where you try to anticipate what your friends and relatives would like to get as a present
For children it's not so difficult... or is it ? And adults ? Some people are simple to shop for, easily satisfied with any gift, while others one might expect to receive gifts with some thought behind them. Something artsy, or something scientific oriented ? Perhaps fashion or trendy. The choices can befuddle the buyer, choice after choice. A gift that won't end up as a later gift for another.. ie. the white Elephant type.

Something out of left field, absolutely unique and interesting.... something they would never get themselves thinking it to be to indulgent perhaps. I think many of us are already drained walking through the stores and crowds. Online seems to be a good source of everything, but..... the days are winding down to receive it on time.
I am the only person on earth who likes fruit cake, so that's not an option for your friends and relatives.
something unique, something that will be truly enjoyed. (does that exist?)

Well you can throw your suggestions around, and perhaps another here will find that a perfect gift to give as well.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ................................there, I said it.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I asked for a new pair of hunting gloves, a fleece beanie and a hunting day pack from Kuiu.

Very high end gear, gloves are great for winter shooting, and the pack and carbon frame open up a system for packing a quartered medium sized game animal.

eta: Kuiu www.kuiu.com... _term=kuiu.com&utm_content=Brand URL Exact
edit on 14-12-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

Oh and Merry Christmas!
edit on 14-12-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
My son got me a new desktop computer !
My old one got fried in a lighting storm ( along with the microwave, the printer, the wifi router and the coffee pot ) the computer and wifi were on surge protectors...it fried them too. I've just been getting along on a tablet.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Secret Santa, I get a cheap fondue, chocolate, candle and matches to go with it, every one loves them

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Better get 'em while you can. I doubt they'll be around much longer, at least not in their current form. They might linger around for a while in name only, but the core idea will be lost when some hedge hoovers them up looking to score a buck on everyone's misfortune.

Not a big fan of guys like Hairston (for a variety of reasons), but he did create an interesting niche while things lasted (i.e. before he offed himself).

edit on 12/14/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The wife and I always make a list of what we need or want. The other grown ups don't get anything. I always give the kids money. They really seem to enjoy that.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I love Christmas shopping but if anyone asks what I want I just say figure it out.
Not to be a jerk though.
The biggest fun of finding a gift for someone is knowing the person well enough to figure it out for yourself.
I'll give an example.

My nephew just bought his first car..
I got him jumper cables and some tools to keep in the trunk.
edit on 14-12-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

sigh...the present economy...make a great item, sell it to equity, make a crappy item.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Wifey wants to branch out into 'fitness clothing'.

There goes the farm!

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

sigh...the present economy...make a great item, sell it to equity, make a crappy item.

Every Christmas needs a scrooge..

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
A fire extinguisher, everyone should have one.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I was too tired for it this year but in previous years I have put together Dollar Tree Christmas Stockings for even the adult children- and they love them! I'd go to the dollar store/everything's a buck store and get each a Christmas stocking and fill each one up with all sorts of stuff. For $20-30 a piece you can stuff the biggest stocking they have to overflowing. Plus you can always throw a gift card or two into the stocking if you really want to make it nice.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Taxidermy.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I'm starting a new thing this year.

I'm getting my kids funny/inappropriate t-shirts.

Something they can wear lounging around. I have a feeling it will be a big hit.
It has actually been fun looking/shopping for the different shirts and what suits their personality/profession.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
We found an 8-pack of 2-shot Nerf pistols. Everyone except my husband and I will get one. It reminds me of the time my grandparents bought all us kids (and some big ones) dart pistols when I was a kid. $14.99/8 ways is easy stocking territory.

It is customary to give some form of lip balm in the sock. Carmex is the family favorite. We usually make jerky, but this year with the shoulder surgery, it just wasn't in the cards.

"Santa" always gives the family a new game to play. "Santa" used to rotate, but he's been us now for the last several years. This year, he's giving Ticket to Ride although it will go to my oldest nephew who asked for board games.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
A Trump 2020 MAGA hat would be a great present for a Trump supporter or to piss off an anti-Trumper lol

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ahh, you have the spirit....Merry Christmas all....and give a go pro camera....a nice one, not too expensive!!

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Got a really nice air fryer for my sister and her husband. They're busy professionals, trying to eat healthy.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

3D printer. The gift that keeps on giving.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
We give both daughters and their husbands and my brother and nephew grass fed beef for christmas. The grandkids we give each twenty bucks in a card. They can do whatever they want to with the money, better than buying them something they will use for a week and then toss aside.

I have never been a person who supported the comercialized Christmas holiday,

Every Christmas we have a great dinner and I focus on Family relationships instead of buying gifts for Christmas. I would rather give them a starter car when they get their drivers license than spend money on big Christmas gifts to make me look better.
edit on 14-12-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join