It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Monuments and Cities Buried Beneath the Oceans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Let’s break up the political debates for a moment.

Jimmy from Bright Insight has a new video ‘What they found hidden beneath the waves... Lost ancient underwater ruins, cities and civilizations’.

In this video, Jimmy takes us around the world to explore known ancient submersed sites. The majority are in the Mediterranean.

Here are some of the sites discussed:

*India gulf of Cambay which is 12 miles off the coast line and 115 feet deep

*Possible Cuban city and pyramids 2500 feet deep

*The infamous Yonaguni monument 85 feet beneath the surface near Japan and Taiwan

*Nan Madol

*This is a new one for me — the largest Ancient Greek city off the coast of Russia — wait what???

In the video, he discusses how ocean levels were over 400 feet lower 20,000 years ago. Additionally, how earth has gone through cyclical changes regarding ocean levels, rising and falling. With a huge rise transpiring right around the Younger Dryas time period.

Most of the sites I already knew about. However, it was nice to see some new imagery of them.

Enjoy 🍻

edit on 14-12-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Thanks mate. Heard of them all too, but never get enough. Gave me some Saturday viewing

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

S&F OP. Always interested in this type of thing.

While most of these sites have detractors, as well as supporters, there is no question about sea levels being considerably lower in times of more glaciation. Thus there is no question that there are numerous sites from past civilizations that are now submerged.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Nice post and interesting video.

One million years from now they will be finding vast piles of cell phones and looking at us as the ancients. Then they will realize we had no telepathy. Silly humans.
edit on Sat Dec 14th 2019 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

A subject I have always been fascinated in especially that city off of Cuba - and it is definitely a city they are just beating around the bush because it will rewrite a lot of history books and they do not want to accept it yet, there is a possibly explanation though it is almost as heretical as it's own existence and that is a cataclysmic geological event such as a sudden tilting of the south american continent perhaps during the end of the last ice age which would also explain the sea level flora and fauna in Lake Titicaca on the Altiplano on the other side of the south american continent, much more of the eastern sea board of the south american continental plate would have above water and Puma Punku and Tiwanaku up in the Andes would have been on a sea level fjord the remains of which today is lake Titicaca.

Under Europe there is the remains of another continent and all that remains of that continent is Italy today, most of our marble is actually the lime stone of that older continent that was pushed under the European plate and is now mostly being recycled in the earth's mantle so continents DO ride over other continent's and even the remains of much earlier continents from earlier in the earth's history (makes you wonder how little of the earth's history we really know).

So South America could in theory be riding over the remains of an earlier continental mass on it's western side or very thick ancient ocean plates while on it's eastern side the Atlantic being a new sea by comparison has very thin ocean plates only made thicker due to there crumple zone as they expand from the mid Atlantic rift rather than by there age, as the ice in the northern hemisphere melted the continent's became lighter, the water in the ocean became heavier because there was more of it and today the northern continent's are still experiencing glacial rebound, they are rising back up out of the mantle since the weight of over two miles of ice had pushed them down so far.

So it is possible that this increased weight on the Atlantic crust could have caused the sea to be pushed down along with the eastern sea board of the south american plate AND of course a lot of underlying magma pressure would have been reduced as the magma was able to flow into the now lower pressure zones under the northern continents.

Then if you look at India the Indian continent is actually pushing into and riding over the Asian continent pushing up the Himalaya's (which used to be the Tethis sea and were some believe Whales evolved), though the pacific plates to Asia's south are much older and thicker Arabia which is geographically very close to india is actually sinking slowly to it's south as is India, the process is usually slow but on occasion it may have had the potential to have occurred much faster, this coupled with the end of the ice age would also explain Kumari Kandam.
www.themysteriousindia.net...
It is possible therefore that though it would have been much less unless there was a sudden ocean bed drop in the pacific which some of these legend's claim there was (in which case it may have been just as cataclysmic) that continental tilting is also in part responsible for a vast loss of land in ancient southern India.

Also if like the story of Atlantis the event's were sudden then you could also be looking at a global ocean displacement event that would have sent civilization killing, history scouring tidal waves miles in height over the land's even above current sea level's in a short but severe global flooding event as the sea like a bath tub that a fat man has just sat in sloshed around before calming back down.

Just my thought's on the matter but you know that continental tilting, while this say's 14 million years ago what if it was much more recent, and you know the Andes are young mountain's as well so south America IS forming a crumple zone with something in the Pacific so is it an older continental remnant that is now being pushed under south America.
www.sciencealert.com...
Here is something about post glacial rebound.
en.wikipedia.org...

My belief especially if I am even half right is that there are ruin's even hundreds of miles east of land in south america down on the continental shelf along what used to be it's coastline, also such an event would have been sufficient to completely scour even our own level of civilization from the earth and the survivors would have been thrown back to the stone age at best with nothing but legend's of what had been before, how there ancestors had been struck down from the sky by the God's, how there hero's and god generals' used to have flying chariot's and city's in the sky, how the light's of the city's never went dark and how there now lost age of paradise was taken from them by divine wrath because of there sin.

And if those tidal waves happened then deep in the ocean sediment may be the remains of what they took off of the land so long ago, who know's how high such ancient cultures may have reached before there fall, not that we need nature to make us fall back to savagery though.

edit on 14-12-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Looks like a result of global warming to many Fred Flintstone cars?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

One million years from now they will be finding vast piles of cell phones and looking at us as the ancients. Then they will realize we had no telepathy. Silly humans.

How true!

As I write this post. The song ‘Dust in the Wind’ is playing in the background at the pub I’m at. How ironic.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

How true!

As I write this post. The song ‘Dust in the Wind’ is playing in the background at the pub I’m at. How ironic.
man...thats what I really want for "pre christmas" sit in a pub all day. Man, havent had that in a decade ...

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
None of this is exactly new. This guy essentially re-packages what Graham Hancock has been writing about for decades.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
None of this is exactly new. This guy essentially re-packages what Graham Hancock has been writing about for decades.

Nope, but it was refreshing. I saw many images I’ve never seen before.

Would you have preferred I post a thread in the mud-pit?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Well to be fair Hancock was himself inspired by earlier writers and most of his theory's are not his at all.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: schuyler

Nope, but it was refreshing. I saw many images I’ve never seen before.

Would you have preferred I post a thread in the mud-pit?

I really don't care. And if you say it's "refreshing," OK. It's "refreshing." I would call it a re-hash myself. The issue here is that this is not new at all to anyone who even has a cursory interest in the subject. Every single one of these pictures is readily available in books and on the Internet. It would just be nice of "Bright Insight" would acknowledge where he gets his ideas. He's on the border of plagerizing. It's like he's saying, "Oh, wow! I think the sea level rose 12,000 years ago!" and everyone else is falling all over themselves saying, "How insightful!" Jesus, where have y'all been?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Honestly, I agree with most of your statements. I did think that we’d see more unknowns, with his new video. He did hype it that way on Twitter.

I think what’s important here is, we need to keep this info flowing. Even though you and I have seen most of the info in the video; that doesn’t mean others haven’t.

Look at our own beloved ATS. It’s become a cesspool of politics. Hopefully, the more people that become aware of ‘The bigger picture’, force the change of the current BS polarized planet we live on.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

A subject I have always been fascinated in especially that city off of Cuba - and it is definitely a city they are just beating around the bush because it will rewrite a lot of history books and they do not want to accept it yet, there is a possibly explanation though it is almost as heretical as it's own existence and that is a cataclysmic geological event such as a sudden tilting of the south american continent perhaps during the end of the last ice age which would also explain the sea level flora and fauna in Lake Titicaca on the Altiplano on the other side of the south american continent, much more of the eastern sea board of the south american continental plate would have above water and Puma Punku and Tiwanaku up in the Andes would have been on a sea level fjord the remains of which today is lake Titicaca.

Under Europe there is the remains of another continent and all that remains of that continent is Italy today, most of our marble is actually the lime stone of that older continent that was pushed under the European plate and is now mostly being recycled in the earth's mantle so continents DO ride over other continent's and even the remains of much earlier continents from earlier in the earth's history (makes you wonder how little of the earth's history we really know).

So South America could in theory be riding over the remains of an earlier continental mass on it's western side or very thick ancient ocean plates while on it's eastern side the Atlantic being a new sea by comparison has very thin ocean plates only made thicker due to there crumple zone as they expand from the mid Atlantic rift rather than by there age, as the ice in the northern hemisphere melted the continent's became lighter, the water in the ocean became heavier because there was more of it and today the northern continent's are still experiencing glacial rebound, they are rising back up out of the mantle since the weight of over two miles of ice had pushed them down so far.

So it is possible that this increased weight on the Atlantic crust could have caused the sea to be pushed down along with the eastern sea board of the south american plate AND of course a lot of underlying magma pressure would have been reduced as the magma was able to flow into the now lower pressure zones under the northern continents.

Then if you look at India the Indian continent is actually pushing into and riding over the Asian continent pushing up the Himalaya's (which used to be the Tethis sea and were some believe Whales evolved), though the pacific plates to Asia's south are much older and thicker Arabia which is geographically very close to india is actually sinking slowly to it's south as is India, the process is usually slow but on occasion it may have had the potential to have occurred much faster, this coupled with the end of the ice age would also explain Kumari Kandam.
www.themysteriousindia.net...
It is possible therefore that though it would have been much less unless there was a sudden ocean bed drop in the pacific which some of these legend's claim there was (in which case it may have been just as cataclysmic) that continental tilting is also in part responsible for a vast loss of land in ancient southern India.

Also if like the story of Atlantis the event's were sudden then you could also be looking at a global ocean displacement event that would have sent civilization killing, history scouring tidal waves miles in height over the land's even above current sea level's in a short but severe global flooding event as the sea like a bath tub that a fat man has just sat in sloshed around before calming back down.

Just my thought's on the matter but you know that continental tilting, while this say's 14 million years ago what if it was much more recent, and you know the Andes are young mountain's as well so south America IS forming a crumple zone with something in the Pacific so is it an older continental remnant that is now being pushed under south America.
www.sciencealert.com...
Here is something about post glacial rebound.
en.wikipedia.org...

My belief especially if I am even half right is that there are ruin's even hundreds of miles east of land in south america down on the continental shelf along what used to be it's coastline, also such an event would have been sufficient to completely scour even our own level of civilization from the earth and the survivors would have been thrown back to the stone age at best with nothing but legend's of what had been before, how there ancestors had been struck down from the sky by the God's, how there hero's and god generals' used to have flying chariot's and city's in the sky, how the light's of the city's never went dark and how there now lost age of paradise was taken from them by divine wrath because of there sin.

And if those tidal waves happened then deep in the ocean sediment may be the remains of what they took off of the land so long ago, who know's how high such ancient cultures may have reached before there fall, not that we need nature to make us fall back to savagery though.

This scenario is similar to a Cyclical Global Continental Displacement Wave Event.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Awesome stuff. Thanks for posting.

In a wider scope, I think we are missing a huge amount of data from settlements/monuments/etc. now under water.

Humans have always congregated near the shorelines. Those shorelines were quite different thousands of years ago. Some estimates have put that vertical Delta 200-300 feet. That's huge once one considers how far out to sea or how far inland the change is.

If we erased all of current human activity within a few miles of all coasts or rivers, how mush information could be gleaned by an archaeologist looking back on us from 5000 years in the future?

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
There are just as many Ruins of differing Ancient and not so Ancient generic ages scattered all over EVERY CONTINENT do not let them keep your eyes veiled.....literally EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Its a bit frightening when Ooparts are seen at the bottom of coal mines, because even if one of them is genuine. It seems to suggest that civilization reaches a certain point and then , it all collapses and the continents drift to other positions and bury the artifacts in deep deposits which take millions of years to form. Some of these items have good provenance, which is even more of a worry. It only takes one generation to loose the knowledge of all the technical gains.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Quite an interesting thought, I believe there are many oopart's and that there has been a conspiracy of silence but it did not begin that way since they used to even print these find's in newspapers back in the 1800's and perhaps as late as the early 20th century, then certain influential scholars began to push there own theory's, human relic's predating apes were not good for the prevailing scientific religion of evolution of the time, the founder of the Smithsonian in the US were a lot of odd find's there were sent was a believer in Isolationism were he denied that ancient civilizations learned from one another and believed they all began and developed completely independently which is obviously bunk but he believed it and it was and remains' one of the Smithsonian's founding principles so there are rumors of artifacts being deliberately lost and even a dubious but still interesting tale of a barge load of artifacts being sent out by the Smithsonian into the middle of the ocean and the artifacts then unceremoniously being dumped over board but that story is probably not true, however thing's do get lost there, they apparently got huge warehouses full of inconvenient artifacts, a bit like that warehouse from raiders of the lost ark.

Then there is the whole conspiracy about how Virginian Steen Mackintyre was treated, they tried to destroy her and even on this site claim's are constantly made every time her name come's up, in the past I have actually had mention of her discovery countered by outright lies by some that disagree'd and also lies claiming that she stole her research and published before another scientist whom was working the site when in fact that is utter lies or it would have been mentioned at the time.
www.s8int.com...
You see her problem was that she found artifacts that were Over 250.000 years old that only modern type of very similar human's could have made - in the America's and the scientific establishment at the time claimed and furiously defended the claim that mankind had only been there for less than 20.000 years so it was disproving what they were basing there theory's upon and throwing a very large spanner in the work's of for there papers and credibility since it showed there house of card's for what it was, conjecture that when faced with some inconvenient fact's proved they were a bunch of charlatan's - but some of them of course had made quite a packet out of it.
Another story was about the Ica Stone's found in peru by a poor man when the river washed out the buried entrance of a cave and he found a lot of these carved stone's, some of which seemed to depict dinosaur's and human's as well as many other strange scene's, the guy then started to sell them to tourists, it all got out of hand when news of this and some dating that suggested very great antiquity came to the attention of the elite of the archaeological community in the US including perhaps the Smithsonian, they then leaned on the US state Department whom in turn Leaned on the Peruvian embassy whom then had there own police arrest the man and force him to confess to making these stones, problem being the dating was done by a proper laboratory and he could not have faked it.
And the Dino's on the Ica Stone's are not alone.
mexicounexplained.com...

Now if these are genuine what does it mean, could our dating science be wrong, could dino's have survived in some parts of the world in such form's until human's actually saw them, of course we all have dragon legend's though those are mostly regarded as being garbled descriptions of crocodiles.

Now I am NOT accusing anyone just stating what I have read and heard but I think you can garner that I believe there is no smoke without fire.

And of course they did find soft tissue in a dinosaur bone as far as I recall and that suggests the dating is wrong.

Then again what if this fossil is really Noah's ark?.

OR just a ship, a ship so old it has turned to stone.

If it is then our dating may be completely wrong.
edit on 15-12-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Take the car it has to be roughly the dimensions it is because of its intended purpose, Eating customs and utensils sort of dictate a shape also because of their purpose. Doors roofs have to conform as well. Simply because the human body has the shape it has, When you work out the wheel and leverage the path to a metal lathe and machines is just a short walk along an almost predetermined road. From medieval to modern is just an instant, from horse and buggy too aircraft is an instant in time. Given an inquiring mind a good food source, and a reason a civilization could rise from nothing to something in an instant and return just as fast.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Its a bit frightening when Ooparts are seen at the bottom of coal mines, because even if one of them is genuine. It seems to suggest that civilization reaches a certain point and then , it all collapses and the continents drift to other positions and bury the artifacts in deep deposits which take millions of years to form. Some of these items have good provenance, which is even more of a worry. It only takes one generation to loose the knowledge of all the technical gains.

Cosmic disaster and some are talking about it...True, False ? Evidently the CIA thought it was worth classifying . youtu.be...

The coverup youtu.be...

Unfortunately there will be few who will listen and watch and then make up their own mind.

The videos are basically talking about a recurring cycle that does a big reset for planet earth and all its' inhabitants

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join