It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter Bunny "Trade Deal"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I am calling it the "Easter Bunny" trade deal because the easter bunny isn't real. Let me show you what the easter bunny trade deal looks like from an options traders perspective.

Here's a picture of the bond market, for those of you that don't know TLT is an inverse yield curve ETF. The yield curve drops when people buy bonds (bonds are a risk off investment). So when the yield curve drops TLT goes up, that means when people buy bonds TLT goes up. When the market is healthy people sell bonds. So when the trade deal was leaked by WSJ bonds sold off (yield curve went up) and TLT went down.

As you can see from the TLT chart as soon as Trump Tweet 10 minutes before market open that WSJ was lying bonds sold off (hint Trump lost me a solid chunk of change on that bad boy). I was in a long market position mean betting on the market going up. Lucky for me I wasn't heavy in this investment due to trade war exhaustion.

Now, here is the S&P 500. Massive breakthrough 315 resistance and today, after trade war was announced by Trump... flat close. Literally did not go anywhere.

The market has no confidence in this easter bunny deal.
edit on 13-12-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The name of any investment game is to "move" with profit intentions, not matter how small or large.
Remember , investments can lose or gain, it's ones thoughts to feel the momentum of the market before it happens.
In case you don't know, you need political connections to understand "the real market" investment stratigy (sp) lol

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

The market has no confidence in this easter bunny deal.

And if the market did have confidence in an Easter Bunny deal, would that make it any more real?

When I think "real", I think of things like matter and energy. Things that can't be created or destroyed. In the stock market, a billion dollars can be "created" overnight out of nothing. A billion dollars could disappear into nothingness just as quickly, like it never existed in the first place. All based on whether or not certain people have "confidence" in something. The stock market is the ultimate confidence game.

I think one of the biggest misconceptions Americans have is that the stock market is an indicator of how well our country is doing. To me, it's an indicator of how well the banks and large corporations are doing. More addictive and destructive drugs are flooding the country, destroying lives and families. Brutal gangs continue to expand. Homelessness continues to rise. Politicians relentlessly pass laws to deprive us of our rights. Cops blatantly rob and murder people without consequences. But, hey, the stock market is up, so it's all good.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Bonds fluctuate.
That is what they do.
Keep digging though.
One day you may actually find something.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

no they don't, that's completely ridiculous

bonds are a risk off investment, bonds go up when the market goes down it's called correlation, trust me I spend 12 hours a day trading these markets unlike people like you

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Manufacturing, production, service industry, and fair trade. Market is smoke & mirrors.

top topics

join