It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco’s ‘poor street conditions’ a factor in city’s loss of Oracle tech conference

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

City does not pay for and clean sufficient public amenities and also has a homelessness problem (perhaps because of the mildness of the weather?).

Let's blame the unemployed and homeless who are just trying to stay alive, not the fat-cats who can't seem to implement the simplest of fixes.

edit on 11/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

has driven this once golden city into a gold covered turd of a city.

I guess that’s why rent is so cheap there.

Keep it up Scat Francisco LOL, heard rumors Atlanta might get another former San Fecalisco convention. LOL could be worse though they could be Peattle LOL.

SF streets filthier than world's poorest slums, says Berkeley ...
Search domain sf.curbed.com/2018/2/19/17029308/trash-needles-feces-san-francisco-streets-dirty-hazardsf.curbed.com... n-francisco-streets-di
Feb 19, 2018NBC Bay Area published an analysis of the filthy conditions of 153 downtown San Francisco blocks on Sunday and discovered conditions that compare unfavorably to some of the poorest slums in the world.

San Francisco's filthy, dangerous streets now hurting tourism ...
Search domain www.theblaze.com/news/2018/07/04/san-franciscos-filthy-dangerous-streets-now-hurting-tourism-industrywww.theblaze.com... ciscos-filthy-dangerous-streets-now-hurting-tourism-industry
San Francisco's filthy, dangerous streets now hurting tourism industry San Francisco's tourism industry is being hurt by its homelessness and littering problems. A major medical association decided to move its annual convention to another city over safety concerns.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

You call this cheap?

That's 2 separate units by the way.
I at least have a 30 X 50 front yard ( grass included with driveway ) and and 1 acre plus in the back fencing included so my dogs can run free and poop.

All paid off at $189 plus a few tax perks.

Ohhhh... ok.

I think the difference is that I don’t see problems in the things you guys see problems in

I was being sarcastic.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I bought 400 acres with two artesian wells and a 1/2 mile of riverfront for 1/3 of that price.

Crazy!

edit on 11-12-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I think the difference is that I don’t see problems in the things you guys see problems in. Yeah, there’s homelessness, drug addicts, needles everywhere, crap on the sidewalks, but so what? Show me a major city that doesn’t have those exact same problems.

That's what happens when a country's rural farming base is smashed by massive global agricultural corporations and rapidly advancing technology. Small towns shrink because there are no more jobs. People move to the cities to find whatever work they can, if any. Those who can't suffer. The same thing is happening all over the world and has little to do with whatever political plan anyone has in place.

Ninety percent of the things people blame on the opposing political party are simply the result of demographic shifts and socioeconomic forces that are moving at their own pace according to the interplay between people wanting to hold on to old ways and values and the inexorable march of innovation. But I'm going to stop mentioning this because it's easier (and more fun, apparently) to troll and point fingers than offer solutions.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

City does not pay for and clean sufficient public amenities and also has a homelessness problem (perhaps because of the mildness of the weather?).

Let's blame the unemployed and homeless who are just trying to stay alive, not the fat-cats who can't seem to implement the simplest of fixes.

So you think private individuals are at fault and not the government? LOL one of the basic government responsibilities is to keep the streets and sidewalks clean. That is partly what taxes are for

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

That's ridiculous... This house costs half of that and is in a crime free neighborhood located in a violent crime free city (ran by Conservative leaders).

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Keep it up Scat Francisco LOL, heard rumors Atlanta might get another former San Fecalisco convention. LOL could be worse though they could be Peattle LOL.

SF streets filthier than world's poorest slums, says Berkeley ...
Search domain sf.curbed.com/2018/2/19/17029308/trash-needles-feces-san-francisco-streets-dirty-hazardsf.curbed.com... n-francisco-streets-di
Feb 19, 2018NBC Bay Area published an analysis of the filthy conditions of 153 downtown San Francisco blocks on Sunday and discovered conditions that compare unfavorably to some of the poorest slums in the world.

San Francisco's filthy, dangerous streets now hurting tourism ...
Search domain www.theblaze.com/news/2018/07/04/san-franciscos-filthy-dangerous-streets-now-hurting-tourism-industrywww.theblaze.com... ciscos-filthy-dangerous-streets-now-hurting-tourism-industry
San Francisco's filthy, dangerous streets now hurting tourism industry San Francisco's tourism industry is being hurt by its homelessness and littering problems. A major medical association decided to move its annual convention to another city over safety concerns.

Yep. That’s all completely true. I understand that most of you would probably let these people die before having to deal with dirty sidewalks. That’s kind of a right wing thing.

I can’t agree with that. I’ll gladly give up a little temporary comfort if it means the city can give these people a chance to get back on their feet. And that’s not because of any political ideology, it’s because it’s the right thing to do.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: chr0naut

So you think private individuals are at fault and not the government? LOL one of the basic government responsibilities is to keep the streets and sidewalks clean. That is partly what taxes are for

I was using sarcasm and saying exactly that.

The government are the reason for the problem.

The people pay the taxes because they are forced to do so.

The government doesn't ensure that the services are sufficient to the task and just pocket the tax money for themselves.

edit on 11/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

BS. The political plans offer sanctuary for illegals and allow homeless people to squat on the streets and leave needles and other drugs wherever they are. Farmers and other people in rural areas don't leave to go to the city. That's the biggest crock of # I've heard today.

link   
a reply to: underwerks

I can’t agree with that. I’ll gladly give up a little temporary comfort if it means the city can give these people a chance to get back on their feet. And that’s not because of any political ideology, it’s because it’s the right thing to do.

So give these people free needles to do their drugs with and let them crap on the streets...

Because it's the humane and right thing to do.

Your ideology is sickening and totally demeaning to humanity at large.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

That's ridiculous... This house costs half of that and is in a crime free neighborhood located in a violent crime free city (ran by Conservative leaders).

Are you really going to compare Louisiana and San Francisco and marvel at the price difference?

Lol

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I think the difference is that I don’t see problems in the things you guys see problems in. Yeah, there’s homelessness, drug addicts, needles everywhere, crap on the sidewalks, but so what? Show me a major city that doesn’t have those exact same problems.

Literally any large city in Japan. Now if you asked specifically for a major US city, I couldn't point you to one, they're pretty much all awful. I'm a consultant, I've been to just about all of them over my career, and some of them you couldn't pay me to go back to. There is literally zero pride in the upkeep and maintenance of any city here in the states, and it really shows.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Californians are a happy bunch. They make the best out of anything.

I saw a picture the other day of some kinds who were using a sidewalk on a hilly street as a slip n slide(or # n slide, if you will).

You have to adapt to your environment.

The city should be scrapping it all up and using it to fuel some power plants, renewable natural energy.

link   

You're right. We tend to take care of ourselves and help our friends and families out instead of stealing tax dollars to put in our pocket while people who have destroyed their lives lie dormant on sidewalks to high to move and then try to call ourselves humane. We're real, what you see is what you get. We don't walk on eggshells out of fear of offending someone and then bash em when we're away from cameras or out of earshot.

link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Farmers and other people in rural areas don't leave to go to the city.

If you say so.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So give these people free needles to do their drugs with and let them crap on the streets...

Keep em down... It's the democrat way of helping...

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yes. Because for half the price and quadruple the quality, you can live in a better spot and a bigger, better house in Louisiana and go to bed without worrying if your car or house will be broken into or whether or not you'll step on a needle, a pile of #, or get a lock swung at your head for supporting someone the residents don't like.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

What’s sickening and demeaning to humanity at large is how you see other people as being less deserving of the things you have.

If you knew anything about needle exchanges, you’d know about the lives they save and how they reduce diseases in an already at risk population. Your way of prohibition and making things harder for the least among us is why society is where it is now.

Thank god there are people out there who don’t think like you. Who actually understand the problems and have the balls to implement solutions that address these problems instead of trying to sweep the problems, and by extension people under the rug.

I feel proud I’ll never be a part of that ideology.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You got a link?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join