It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pukwudgie - Have you encountered little people of the forest?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The Pukwudgie

Native lore names these the little people of the forest. Sometimes said to be covered in the quills of a porcupine, others say they wear something closer to traditional native garb or even covered in hair.

Supposedly standing anywhere from 12-36 inches. They have all the tricks of the fairy as well as use poison tipped weapons.

Mostly mischievous, but not to be taken lightly as reckoning force. As they have been fabled to push people off cliffs, lead you deep into the woods, or to certain doom!

Has anyone experienced one of these critters?
Im dying to speak to those who have.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bluetrees

I've never heard of them before. Do you have any personal experiences with them?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
There was this specific place out in the woods where people would go hang out - I used to go out there all the time for hours. Well, long story short, as I was leaving one day I came to a large patch of mud that I had to walk through. In the middle of the mud was what appeared to be a small human footprint, like from a small child... No other footprint like it, no shoe, just that single little footprint in the middle of the mud. The patch of mud was big enough that if a child had left it it would've also left several other footprints leading up to it. I immediately thought of the "little people", but in reality I can't say it wasn't actually a human child, although I have no idea how that lone print would have gotten there.

Another time (I'll keep it short as I've written about it several times here) two balls of light came down into the woods near me and my friend and where they disappeared we heard soft bipedal footsteps that sounded like they were coming from something small. As we were leaving later, something whistled at us real loud from that area.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I do not. I have seen some weird things and encountered weird things but I haven’t encountered a little person yet.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I thought your quick overview of the orbs was familiar, haha.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluetrees
a reply to: trollz

I thought your quick overview of the orbs was familiar, haha.

Oh yeah, I realized after I posted it that the previous thread was also yours

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There is a great video taken at night in somewhere in South America (Brazil or Argentina maybe) of a dimly lit street and what appears to be a gnome like figure (complete with pointy cone hat) silhouetted in darkness skittering sideways with sidelong shuffles in a weirdly caricatured manner (think lollipop guild in wizard of oz).

Found It!

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bluetrees

Never saw any creatures, but once in the forest I watched with interest as a bit of wild grass parted like something was going through it -- it was a movement easily tracked, but nothing could be seen in the grass. Came right up to where I was and the grass stopped moving. That was passing odd.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
In my youth, I grew up in NE Minnesota not far from a number of Indian Reservations east of Bemidji. Years later I returned to do some camping there with my family. While I was starting the camp stove, my son, age 11, had wandered off and was out playing a short distance from where our tent was. When he came back, he'd mentioned that he was having a great time playing with another youngster. I didn't think anyone else was camped near to us and didn't think much about it. Later he described the person he'd met as wearing some different clothes, didn't sound like pants and shirt, but more like old Native American clothing. I thought, who knows and didn't give it another thought.

But after some days we'd left that area and stayed while at a motel in Brainerd, heading back south. I was chatting with some older fellow at a bar near the motel, and he was talking about all the old pow-wows he used to attend to at Upper Red Lake. For some reason, I mentioned the meeting between my son and this other young boy. He looked at me kind of strangely and told me that could have been a Memegwaan (something like that sounding name). I had no idea what he was talking about and then he explained how native kids would sometimes see these little people in the woods, forests, especially when they got lost. They didn't sound harmful, from what he told me. Later, when I got back to the motel, I'd asked my son about the little boy he'd met in the woods. I asked him if he really saw him or just made it up. He told me that he was walking on a trail into the woods, but got kinda lost and sat down near a big tree and started to cry, and that was when he met this little boy and spoke with him, telling him that he was lost. The boy pointed which way to walk back to our camp, and that's what he did. That was the weirdest thing I have ever experienced. a reply to: Night Star

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have seen a squirrel walking on two legs, I did not examine it closely, I was laughing too much with a friend of mine while we watched it. I think it was just because it was trying to get peanuts from us.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've heard of this legend/lore/myth before about 25 years ago but didn't think much about it. But as time has passed I've heard it a bit more frequently.

While ATS was up at the James Gilliland ECETI Ranch in Trout Lake Washington (just below Mt. Adams) I was told several times by both Indian and by James himself of the stories of the 'little people'.

Most of the stories were of mischievous antics, some were of the Indians bringing the sick and wounded up on the Mountain, then left for the little people to do their thing. The said person would disappear for a few days to a week then appear once again and healed of whatever ailment they had prior.

Below are some of the legends:

To some, Little People are like other folk: humans, only smaller. But there are also spirits that can take the shape of Little People. One such group of spirits is called Yunwitsandsdi by the Cherokee. These spirits live among the rocks and hillside caves of northern Georgia and the Carolinas, following the Southeastern nations during Removal to present day Oklahoma. The Yunwitsandsdi are great lovers of music. Sometimes, deep in the woods or in the mountains, the sounds of drums, rattles, and beautiful songs can be heard. While the Yunwitsandsdi can be helpful and kind, they do not like unwelcome visitors and have been known to cast spells over folks who have happened upon them.

From the book: "Caves of the Canadian Rockies and the Columbia Mountains"
Little people normally shun human contact, but from time to time they will speak ... being instructors to the lndians, and they live in villages beneath the mountains

Grom the Wiki: "Little People of the Pryor Mountains"
The Little People of the Pryor Mountains (known as Nirumbee[1] or Awwakkulé[2] in the Crow language) are a race of ferocious dwarves in the folklore of the Crow Nation, a Native American tribe.[3][4] The Little People were also seen as imparting spiritual wisdom, and played a major role in shaping the destiny of the Crow People through the dreams of the legendary Crow chief, Plenty Coups.[5]

From "Legends of America"; "Little People & the Pedro Mountain Mummy"
Oral traditions of many Native American tribes, including the Arapaho, Sioux, Cheyenne, and Crow, tell of “little people” who stand from just 20 inches to three feet tall. In some tribes they are known as “tiny people eaters,” in others they were known to have been spirits and healers, and some believed them to be magical, similar to leprechauns or fairies. In any event, the legends were well known among Indians across the nation, long before the Europeans set foot upon these lands.

Then there's the darker side..

"Villagers speak of the small, hairy Ebu Gogo" (from Primates .com)
The villagers say that the Ebu Gogo raided their crops, which they tolerated, but decided to chase them away when the Ebu Gogo stole - and ate - one of their babies. They ran away with the baby to their cave which was at the foot of the local volcano, some tens of metres up a cliff face. The villagers offered them bales of dry grass as fodder, which they gratefully accepted

Haven't been able to find the one particular News article about an Australian man who (supposedly) murdered his partners in the Bush. His claim was that they were all attacked by a group of very small hairy people and that he barely escaped with his life. When he was found, he was delirious and covered in blood.

Wish I could've found that for you folks.. sorry.
Johnny

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Once saw what looked like a small person in rabbit skins run across the road.Never been sure what I saw but the first thought I had was one of the little people the Cherokee believed in.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

Haven't been able to find the one particular News article about an Australian man who (supposedly) murdered his partners in the Bush. His claim was that they were all attacked by a group of very small hairy people and that he barely escaped with his life. When he was found, he was delirious and covered in blood.

This reminds me alot of a special Animal Planet did a few years ago called "Cannibal in the Jungle". Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm pretty sure it was actually based on the Ebu gogo legends. It's just like the two mermaid shows they did, a fictional documentary, but was actually really good.
edit on 11-12-2019 by AlecHolland because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2019 by AlecHolland because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I’ve never seen a gnome or anything like that, but I did have an experience as a kid that is reminiscent of how the fae world is described.

I grew up spending my days exploring the woods around my house. I’d leave early in the morning, take my BB gun, my knife and some lunch and I’d stay gone until around dinner time. I did this almost every day during the summer. One day I stumbled upon this meadow that I had never see in those woods. It was beautiful. It was green, there were dear walking around unafraid of me, butterflies flying around, and everything was really, really bright. It was almost like everything was illuminated by some kind of inner light. The grass, the trees, the animals, everything.

Even the sunlight had a physical quality to it. It’s hard to describe and put into words exactly. I hung out for a while sitting on the grass just watching everything and then I left and continued on my ramblings. The next day I tried to find that spot again, and it was nowhere to be found. I looked for it the next day. And the next. And I couldn’t find it anywhere. I spent almost every day after that of my childhood in those woods looking for that place.

And it wasn’t there. What’s weird is that I can still picture it perfectly in my mind. I remember everything. How it looked, how it smelled, the feeling of the place. Everything.

But it doesn’t exist. At least not in any way I could find it again.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I remember this video, it is definitely creepy.
Well done for what it is.

Its hard to imagine a person being that small. unless a small child, but it doesnt move like a child. Such a weird video.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Sweet magical legend. I cant wait to read everything here.
Thank you so much for taking the time to gather those links for me.

I wish i could sit down with some knowledgeable people and pick their brains on the topic.

homofloriensis is nightmare fuel. I think it is for great reason.
could you imagine those things sneaking around your village at night looking for easy targets of opportunity...

I find it fascinating that stories of little people exist all over the world with more or less the same vibes.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Maybe you encountered "the shimmer" and you happened to pass through it.
wild man.
wild.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

I would love to hear more about this if you have the time.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFMadison

I have a small child at the moment and the idea of him getting into the woods alone absolutely terrifies me.

good thing whatever your child ran into wasnt up for mischief.
mightve been another log for the missing 411 chronicles.
super interesting story.
have they ever drawn any images of who they ran into?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

That is definitely odd.
did you go into the grass to see what could have possibly made the grass part?
maybe a rabbit warren entrance near you, so it seemingly disappeared?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join